Southeast For events in Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Virginia.

What would bring you out to meets? The Lexus SE scene

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-11, 11:43 PM
Redpaste
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I really wish I could attend more meets, but work has me swamped sometimes. Im hoping to bring out the new toy for the next one.

Mike, if there is an idea for a BBQ or grill, let me know. I could definitely bring out some free food.
Old 05-20-11, 06:54 AM
kikcaffine
Lead Lap

I would go to weekly meets, maybe at a starbucks to just relax and hangout/talk. Location doesnt matter to me as long as its on the east side. I like going to buckhead so maybe there? Or over at starbucks by Tilted Kilt in johns creek?
Old 05-20-11, 08:13 AM
icedragon
Driver School Candidate

I'm new to all this an I'd like to go to meets an gatherings where you don't have to worry about the stupid stuff kids nowadays an eventhough I knew no one I had a nice time at my first Caffeine & Octane at the beginning of this month I didn't stay the whole time cause I was alone an didn't know anyone but that didn't stop me from lookin at all the nice cars pluse I had to be at work at noon but like if a group was to do some cruisin around or like mountian runs cause the first time I took my IS to blood mountain with some friends it seemed like my car was defferent and it was fun hittin all the corners but realy I just wanna meet other lexus owners an like reading on here get feedback an tips an help with things. An 1sicklex over my time trollin the forums I have noticed that more
Of the other states have more meets an gatherings then ga hell when I was younger i used to love goin to nopi an then HIN an seeing all the cars there.. But anyway I'm wasting time at work checkin the forums goin with a friend when I get off work to go check out a is300 he's thinking of gettin so hopefully well have another new person on here
Old 05-20-11, 10:52 AM
nivek5sfe
Pole Position

i can see what 1sick is saying. from the 2 lexus meets ive been to, it seems like a good bit of effort is put into the planning of them, cookouts, tilted kilt, hell even organizing lexus to bring out new vehicles such as the IS convertible, and then there isnt that large of a turnout. my best guess is its just cause people dont want drive the distance or it being as simple as they think nobody will show up so they dont show up. and thats sad casue its the opposite, nice rides and cool people seem to always show up at the meets. the one this spring was a great setup with the shop, the good burgers and dogs, cool cars, and cool people...but the turnout just isnt there. to be truthful, no im not going to drive across the state to see maybe 20 cars, but if the venue or meet was large enough, id definitely drive a good distance.
Old 05-22-11, 11:10 AM
GGPIS3
Lexus Test Driver

thats the problem right there. no offense to the post above, but if everyone wants to see some kind of extremely organized "event" hosted at some form of a venue, alot of planning will be needed. WHO THE HELL IS GOING TO PLAN AN EVENT IF NO ONE EVEN SHOWS UP TO MEETS????????????

people got their **** backwards. show some effin support to your local meets and then when they grow and grow and grow, thats when you see people take the risk and put something more in the lines of an "event" together.

there is no unity, no camaraderie, no loyalty in the lexus community down here. i saw this when i first moved down here in 2004. there are a select few die-harders and thats about it.

i say EFFFF the big meets.... lets set up a meet for the OG's. lets do it at a park, bbq, have people bring out their boats and jet skis... maybe have redpaste cater it with wings and tk girls... what you think? and for those of you who are interested, this is how its going to go down.

1. there will be no voting on venue
2. there will be nothing to argue about cuz this is a dictatorship!
3. it will cost you $20 per person plus whatever charge there is to get into the park or venue
4. if you aren't sure about if you can eat the food being provided, it will still cost you $20, but it may make sense to bring your own food.
5. if $20 is a deterrent, oh well. better start saving or don't bother coming.
6. Im thinking we open this up to not just lexus owners but to any of us OG's and whomever we deem important enough to invite.

mike, bing... get with me on this so we can finalize details.

Last edited by GGPIS3; 05-22-11 at 11:19 AM.
Old 05-24-11, 12:46 PM
kikcaffine
Lead Lap

I wanna go, but Im not an OG
Old 05-24-11, 07:21 PM
fleishelja
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 2 Posts

Random thought, why not make a facebook page for it. seems like nowadays everyone is on facebook and then it would make it easy to send out a mass message to everyone interested that will most definitely be read because who isnt on FB?
Old 05-25-11, 09:43 AM
GGPIS3
Lexus Test Driver

Atlanta's Lexus Owners Group has been started....

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=...29047617108645
Old 05-25-11, 12:17 PM
dubstar
Pole Position

im an amateur photographer, so i try and make it to as many meets as i can. only problem, just a lack of them in the SE and not to mention i live in Columbia, S.C. so there really is a shortage here. short of having to drive to say ATL or Florida, they are just few and far between. im always willing to drive if the meet seems promising, Lexus owners or not, im just looking for a good time and to meet some people. so anything that looks promising i will do my best to attend.
Old 05-25-11, 01:04 PM
kikcaffine
Lead Lap

Tennis Bear request sent
Old 05-25-11, 11:12 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,849 Likes on 2,334 Posts

Originally Posted by fleishelja
Random thought, why not make a facebook page for it. seems like nowadays everyone is on facebook and then it would make it easy to send out a mass message to everyone interested that will most definitely be read because who isnt on FB?
Me, all my friends who value privacy, and anyone who doesn't want to get their machine infected with drive-by malware.
Old 05-26-11, 05:34 AM
dubstar
Pole Position

^ wow and I thought I was the only one
Old 05-26-11, 07:43 AM
GGPIS3
Lexus Test Driver

dont worry lance, even though there is now a fb page for Atlanta Lexus Owners, we will still post events on here and all the other forums as usual.
Old 05-26-11, 05:53 PM
quick123
Lexus Test Driver

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts

My only real day off is Sunday...and I have tried to meet up somewhere before C&O, and the only member I have met is sgm250...I am completely new to the forum thing, so maybe I am doing something wrong, but I am still game on meeting everyone, I just work too damn much...
Old 05-27-11, 07:34 AM
fleishelja
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 2 Posts

how are you going to get malware installed on your computer from facebook? seems a little paranoid

Quick Reply: What would bring you out to meets? The Lexus SE scene