Southeast For events in Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Virginia.

Louisiana Tint Law

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-08, 08:42 AM
DJKIBBLES
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Louisiana Tint Law

HOW DARK CAN WINDOW TINT BE IN LOUSIANA?

Darkness of tint is measured by Visible Light Transmission percentage (VLT%). In Lousiana, this percentage refers to percentage of visible light allowed in through the combination of film and the window.

Windshield Non-reflective tint is allowed along the top of the windshield above the manufacturer's AS-1 line.
Front Side Windows Must allow more than 40% of light in.
Back Side Windows Must allow more than 25% of light in.
Rear Window Must allow more than 12% of light in.

Can you guys explain to me exactly the tint laws above for me? If they allow 40% of light coming in the front windows, so does that mean that the darkest front tint I can have is 60%? Somebody correct me if im wrong. Thanks Guys

Last edited by DJKIBBLES; 02-29-08 at 08:48 AM.
Old 02-29-08, 08:56 AM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...tate+tint+laws

here you go!
Old 02-29-08, 08:59 AM
DJKIBBLES
Pole Position

Thanks! i my infomation is the same so does that mean my frotn cant only be at 40% or what?
Old 02-29-08, 09:05 AM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

assuming that its up to date, i would check as i am not from your state. here we cant have it on the fronts so i push my luck...
Old 02-29-08, 09:32 AM
LRP_LS400
Pole Position

IF you go to a tint shop they should be able to tell you what is legal and what is not. I'm from New Orleans and have 20% all around and I haven't been ticketed for it (knock on wood). IIRC window tint is a secondary offense, meaning that you will not get pulled over for only tint. But if you are pulled over for speeding/running a stop sign, they will add on the window tint offense.
Old 02-29-08, 11:01 AM
dat-is350
Lead Lap

dude just do 35%. As long as it looks light I'm pretty sure you can get a break tag. Unlike MS, you can't get one b/c they check your tint percentage when you get one.
Old 02-29-08, 01:11 PM
LRP_LS400
Pole Position

you can try and roll down the windows when getting your brake tag, or find a shop that doesn't "check".
Old 02-29-08, 02:51 PM
DJKIBBLES
Pole Position

yeahhh i guess 35% all around is reasonable!!! kk
Old 02-29-08, 05:42 PM
DJKIBBLES
Pole Position

Originally Posted by LRP_LS400
you can try and roll down the windows when getting your brake tag, or find a shop that doesn't "check".
Where do you get your brake tag done? I also get my brake tag down in the Westbank part of N.O.
Old 02-29-08, 09:02 PM
DJKIBBLES
Pole Position

on Terry Parkway there is a Discount Zone right by the Pizza Hut across from the Skate Country. No Questions asked, give them $10, license, reg. card, insurance. No inspecting lights, tint, horn, anything. I live 2 mins. away from there.
ahhh i see tats considereed Jefferson parish .... im Orleans parish
Old 02-29-08, 09:09 PM
LRP_LS400
Pole Position

Originally Posted by DJKIBBLES
ahhh i see tats considereed Jefferson parish .... im Orleans parish
Aren't all tags the same?
Old 02-29-08, 09:14 PM
javyLSU
2IS OG

Received 30 Likes on 14 Posts

on Terry Parkway there is a Discount Zone right by the Pizza Hut across from the Skate Country. No Questions asked, give them $10, license, reg. card, insurance. No inspecting lights, tint, horn, anything. I live 2 mins. away from there.
HAHAHAHA!!! I've been to this exact place! There also another place on Barataria Blvd. as you get close to Ames. I had 5% on my last truck and got inspection stickers no problem from them...
Aren't all tags the same?
It doesn't matter which parish you live in, the inspection stickers are the same statewide.

Javier
Old 02-29-08, 09:23 PM
mushybreak
Driver

Originally Posted by javyLSU
HAHAHAHA!!! I've been to this exact place! There also another place on Barataria Blvd. as you get close to Ames. I had 5% on my last truck and got inspection stickers no problem from them...
It doesn't matter which parish you live in, the inspection stickers are the same statewide.

Javier
All the way down Barataria Blvd by the expressway is my place.... the guy takes my info and the sticker --- 10 minutes done!
Old 02-29-08, 10:28 PM
dat-is350
Lead Lap

My girlfriend brought her car to the discount place next to pizza hut with her windows rolled down. The dude said next time don't bring it back here! haha but watch me do it anyways
Old 02-29-08, 10:33 PM
Evitzee
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

It's nice to list the places that will break the law for a measly $10, but not sure how smart it is. You don't think someone in the LA Dept of Transportation might just investigate this place if it is made known to them. Part of their license is to faithfully inspect vehicles according to the Motor Vehicle Code. Bypassing it for a bribe is illegal and could land them in hot water from both a fine and criminal prosecution angle. LA is normally seen as one of the most corrupt states in the Union, but there still can be ramifications if illegal activity gets to the right people. You might want to keep that in mind when blabbing on the internet.

Last edited by Evitzee; 03-01-08 at 06:11 AM.

Quick Reply: Louisiana Tint Law