Site Suggestions & Problems Bring up any suggestions, questions or problems concerning ClubLexus. If you need to test a forum feature, post here too. Note - questions about your Lexus do not belong in this forum!

How to Post Tables/Charts?

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-12, 05:54 PM
WAHunt3
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to Post Tables/Charts?

Sorry, but I could not find a sub-forum, to discuss general posting tips and solutions to questions. If this is totally the wrong forum, can a MOD please move this post, or direct me to where I should post, instead?

I want to post with a 2-column Table, to do a side-by-side comparison between two vehicles, but cannot find out how to make that happen.

The closest that I could find was post Image, and I could certainly convert that Table into many formats. However, I could not find the specs. for the Image, so before I did that, I wanted to ask for some instructions and help for a new forum member.

TIA,

Hunt
Old 09-25-12, 06:14 PM
WAHunt3
Rookie

Also, besides the FAQ section, is there a forum, that I am missing, on the mechanics of posting here, and is there a "test" forum, when trying to do things like post text and Images, to see how they look. The Preview function is a bit limited, and I do not want to mess up a forum with poorly formatted posts.

In most forums, that I participate in, there are some useful guidelines, for posting Tables, Images, etc.

I appreciate any help, and any direction.

Hunt
Old 09-25-12, 07:24 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,128 Likes on 1,298 Posts

Hunt you are in the right spot

Unfortunately the version of vBulletin we use doesn't have the 'table' formatting option that some later versions do. The easiest way may be to do an image as you suggest, or attach it as a PDF or XLS.

For the image you can either post as an attachment or if hosted somewhere like our gallery using the IMG button on your reply

The FAQ we've written up on doing this is from an older version but you'll get the idea

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/pho...tml#post971362

You can either use this forum or the photoshop forum for test posts (you can just reply to this thread if you like)
Old 10-02-12, 06:01 PM
WAHunt3
Rookie

Thank you for that info. I will explore the PDF, and the Image routes, and see which works the best.

I also appreciate the links.

Hunt