Site Suggestions & Problems Bring up any suggestions, questions or problems concerning ClubLexus. If you need to test a forum feature, post here too. Note - questions about your Lexus do not belong in this forum!

The new Image-Posting system is EXCELLENT

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-18, 07:40 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 83 Likes on 82 Posts
Thumbs up The new Image-Posting system is EXCELLENT

I don't know who came up with CL's new image-posting system (particularly for the Car Chat forum), whether it was Dave, the moderators, the staff, or the sponsors....but, whoever did, picked a winner. For years, seems that posting images along with replies/posts was a touch-and-go prospect, with the system often not accepting the [IMG] commands, or not accepting both of them, or not posting the image, or posting it but not readable....IMO it was a mess. That's embarrassing, for example, when you post a car review, and then it talks an additional half an hour just to get all the images in correctly. This new system gets rid of virtually all of that......so far, it has been excellent, and I have had almost no problems with it. I hope they keep it around, and don't get rid of it.
The following users liked this post:
DaveGS4 (12-21-18)
Old 12-28-18, 03:14 PM
IanB2
Pole Position

Received 520 Likes on 433 Posts

Interesting, I'm having nothing but problems with it. I've uploaded images more than a dozen times now and they fail to show on the post.
Old 12-28-18, 03:44 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,127 Likes on 1,297 Posts

Ian,

Are you trying to attach them or are you using the little image icon (landscape button to the left of the smiley face) in the toolbar and dragging / browsing to select the images?

Recommend using the image icon if you're using the attachments method (unless something has changed and an some new error exists I'm not aware of).
Old 12-29-18, 08:14 AM
IanB2
Pole Position

Originally Posted by DaveGS4
Ian,

Are you trying to attach them or are you using the little image icon (landscape button to the left of the smiley face) in the toolbar and dragging / browsing to select the images?

Recommend using the image icon if you're using the attachments method (unless something has changed and an some new error exists I'm not aware of).
I've been trying to attach them via the attachment management functions. I'll give the landscape button a try.
Edit: nothing happens when I hit the landscape button, how is this supposed to work?
Old 12-29-18, 01:02 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

A pop up window appears to drag your attachments onto or browse. Looks like this.

Please try it in reply to this post in this thread so we can rule out a forum setup issue vs something else
Old 12-29-18, 02:45 PM
IanB2
Pole Position

Well, it works here, but won't in the GX470 subforum.

Old 12-29-18, 03:14 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Originally Posted by IanB2
Well, it works here, but won't in the GX470 subforum.
Looks like you got it to work there as well.
Old 12-30-18, 08:00 AM
IanB2
Pole Position

Originally Posted by DaveGS4
Looks like you got it to work there as well.
I did, but had to make a new post as the original couldn't be edited and get the pics to work.