Site Suggestions & Problems Bring up any suggestions, questions or problems concerning ClubLexus. If you need to test a forum feature, post here too. Note - questions about your Lexus do not belong in this forum!

VIP Auto Salon communication problem (not a current CL vendor)

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-12, 06:49 PM
PurduePete
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post

I told myself it was just a matter of time......b/c I can't be the only one who has an issue with this poor/borderline shady business.

There seems to be a lot of current activity on Facebook from VIP Auto Salon, but just not much activity to the actual customers. Sure I'll give them the benefit of the doubt, maybe the web shop guy is totally independent from the PR guy? The PR guy that post in here and Facebook seems very legit. Here's my story...

I sent them the below email on 3/5/12:

I made an order for JDM window visors for my Lexus IS-F on 11/1/2011. I have not heard a word on them and it is now 3/5/2012. Please reply to this email.

Regards,

Then they reply 3/7/12

Our apologies for the late update status of your order. Lexus Japan had been back ordered on this particular item of which we recently checked and have a firm lead time of a mid march availability. Because you have waited this long already we are going to opt to have your window visors airfreighted opposed to a consoladated ocean freight which will significantly cut down on shipping time.

We do apologize again for the lengthiness of your order.

Please feel free to reply back to this email with any questions or concerns.

It is now 5/9/2012, still no jdm visors or any update. Oh an in regards to the friendly gesture of "Please feel free to reply back to this email with any questions or concerns," I decided to forgive them and asked for a quote on an iCode CF hood, and you guessed it, no reply.

It seems their web-based business is not very important to them. I say “web-based” b/c didn't I see some positive stories from members here on their actual shop? Like I said, there must be 2 entities to VIP AUTO SALON. 1 - PR based (Good) and 1 - Web based (Very SHADY!). The web-based is beyond SHADY at this point now that I see more blatant experiences from others!!!!!!

Communication is the key. I rather they send me an email once a month, even if I don’t see my paid jdm visors until 1 year after I bought them.
Old 05-09-12, 07:10 PM
QCisf
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Wow.. I hope that my parts will not take 1 years to ship.. This is completely non-sense.
Old 05-09-12, 07:16 PM
streetx
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

im still waiting on my wald spoiler

they said it was due to arrive to them last week and they would notify me when it came in. Still no word yet.

im sure i will get as i already got my swift springs from them. Guess they have follow up issues
Old 05-09-12, 07:30 PM
Murph145
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Yea I own my own business and without proper customer support they will fail after time. Hopefully they shape up and get someone that responds much faster then whomever thy are using now.

All I know is I will try and find alternate routes to purchase my Jdm supplies
Old 05-09-12, 07:40 PM
ISF4life
Lexus Test Driver

Received 164 Likes on 116 Posts

Here is Clark at Vipautosalon his cell 310-606-0729 and 714-333-5028 , He will take care u guys, i work like 5 minutes from them, Just calling him directly and place an order. I just talked to him yesterday when i ordered my Tom's side skirt.
Old 05-09-12, 08:43 PM
g35cali
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This exactly why I.didn't order.the Wald.front before I.decided.to.sell my f...seems.like a nightmare to.have stuff shipped from.japan
Old 05-09-12, 10:04 PM
RichieISF
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by blitz_714
Here is Clark at Vipautosalon his cell 310-606-0729 and 714-333-5028 , He will take care u guys, i work like 5 minutes from them, Just calling him directly and place an order. I just talked to him yesterday when i ordered my Tom's side skirt.
Mucho thanks for putting up his cell and direct line, but sadly it shouldnt have to get to that ,

Just seems that they are quick to take your money, but not to quick on providing and supporting there customers..., maybe they need to be reminded that without there customers, and especially after several customers bad wording there business on a public forum, they might not be in business much long...

"Look after your customers, or someone else will."
Old 05-09-12, 10:14 PM
ISF4life
Lexus Test Driver

Received 164 Likes on 116 Posts

Alright ! i'll talk to them about all the mishaps and not good customers service. It shouldnt come to this , Clark was in surgery for a while maybe that the reason y the shop was in mayhem ? i'll talk to him tomorrow to result some issues with all the orders.
Old 05-09-12, 10:17 PM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

I've always had great experiences from VIP Auto Salon, especially with Clark. I know there were some personal issues that needed to be taken care of. He's a good businessman and an even greater friend. I'm having some items shipped to the shop soon to be installed, but I haven't been able to get any progress on those items yet. I know he and the business are very busy, but I've always stood by the personal nature by which they do business. Hopefully things will get resolved soon.
Old 05-09-12, 11:19 PM
PurduePete
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post

^^^ So what's your point again?

Especially this one, "He can be busy at times for personal and business reasons but he will get things done."

If I interpret that correctly, you're basically saying that what VIP had done to me and other customers is okay BECAUSE "he can be busy at times........" Holy Sh_t, are you kidding me???? At least the other supporters of VIP in this thread recognized there's an issue. But you.... OMFG! Are you serious dude? Really? So I should just shut the hell up and wait another 5 months when he is not so busy??????
Old 05-09-12, 11:38 PM
RichieISF
Rookie

Originally Posted by blitz_714
Alright ! i'll talk to them about all the mishaps and not good customers service. It shouldnt come to this , Clark was in surgery for a while maybe that the reason y the shop was in mayhem ? i'll talk to him tomorrow to result some issues with all the orders.
Again mate , and i think i speak on behalf of everyone on here who has had a drama with them,
Many thanks...

I still want more info on the Icode FFM....
Old 05-10-12, 05:45 AM
Lexura1414
Lexus Test Driver

Received 40 Likes on 31 Posts

I have had issues with them regarding my Tom's diffuser and swift springs. I threatened to cancel my order and only then did they work on it. I think this company is disorganized and has bad customer service. I think the members here who support them are mainly based in the same state where they can drive to VIP. But not all of them are. It is unfair to us who live outside of CA who are provided crappy service. To use the reason of being busy is flimsy because that means a disregard to the very people who support your business. I have taken my business elsewhere.

Last edited by Lexura1414; 05-10-12 at 05:50 AM. Reason: Spelling
Old 05-10-12, 06:26 AM
obby
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wow.. after reading all these post is now making me think twice about ordering my Wald spoiler thru them.. I was somewhat hesitant to begin with only because i call them numerous time and also left messages but has yet to receive a call back nor did they ever pick up the phone, but i did receive a PM.
Old 05-10-12, 02:50 PM
VIP Auto Salon
Former Sponsor

Hi Guys, this is Clark Ishihara President and CEO of Vip Auto Salon, Inc. This thread has been brought to my attention by one of the CL moderators. I first must apologize as I am not currently active on this forum and have missed a bunch of these concerns.*
It wasn't long ago that we launched the e commerce portion of our site for the reason of making all the brand partnerships we have made over the years available in easy to use shopping cart. As this is still a relatively new median for us we are still learning and improving upon how the site can be run more efficiently and effectively.
For those who's orders have been neglected I personally do apologize and will make sure with the help of our staff that those orders are rectified.*
We have created a new email pr@vipautosalon.com for the sole purpose of being a resource for us to get information from you guys our consumers on how we can better serve you. Please email us your suggestions and concerns from products we should be carrying, improvements to the e shop, and even input on our Corporate project Vehicles.*
We will be working diligently in the up coming months to make sure that every experience that you have with us is a excellent one.*

Clark Ishihara*
President and CEO*
Vip Auto Salon, Inc.*
Old 05-10-12, 04:55 PM
QCisf
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks to VIP for answering me today !