Site Suggestions & Problems Bring up any suggestions, questions or problems concerning ClubLexus. If you need to test a forum feature, post here too. Note - questions about your Lexus do not belong in this forum!

Issues with TM Engineering (no longer an approved CL vendor) - merged threads

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-08, 11:02 AM
gdc5ind
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

tm is still there, but i only got the guy on the phone once. i bought steering rack bushings from them but i went and picked them up. call mon-fri 9:00-3:00
Old 06-09-08, 03:27 PM
JJsc3
Driver

Yup.., they are still there. I just got my rack bushings in the mail today. Yeh!
Old 06-09-08, 04:04 PM
UpInTheLex
Instructor

Received 36 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by JJsc3
Yup.., they are still there. I just got my rack bushings in the mail today. Yeh!
Came in 10 days...How inconsiderate is that?
Old 06-09-08, 05:40 PM
JJsc3
Driver

Yes, very inconsiderate as a matter fact! I was hoping no more than 8, so I could have gotten them on before taking my car to the body shop. Ten days is quite a bit considering it's such a small order. Ok, that's fine; I finally got them in today inside a plain USPS envelope with the bushings inside just a plastic bag. That's it; no box, nothing, lol .. So yes, a bit inconsiderate there, and also throughout the ordering process . I placed the order and all I get is an automated "congrat's..you've just placed an order...etc, etc, and etc... After that, you'll hear nothing from them, no shipping confirmation, nothing what so ever. So after 1 week later with still nothing in the mail yet, I bump into this thread, "TM Engineering Gone?"??? Trust me, that's pretty scary alright. And when it does finally arrive, it's also no longer shipping through UPS ground, but USPS instead, lol.. I paid $14.17 for UPS ground just for them to use USPS, and inside a simple envelope which probably costs no more than $5.00 to ship. I could have easily gotten the bushings for at least $10.00 cheaper. So if you really wanna make it sound as though I'm angry off of just 10 days to get these bushings in, I can lay out exactly what I as a buyer is going through right now. No offense to you at all though, because I just wanted you guys to understand it from my perspective; that's it..

Now would I order from them again? Yes I would, but the customer will just have to work around their schedule. That's a .

Last edited by JJsc3; 06-09-08 at 05:53 PM.
Old 06-09-08, 06:03 PM
UpInTheLex
Instructor

Received 36 Likes on 24 Posts

Whew... I go through worse than that on a daily basis it seems.
Come spend a day in the life up in Humboldt County.

I've been in out of 2 different shops for 2 weeks just trying to get an alignment up here. Not to mention it's costing me 225 bucks.

I can't wait to move to San Jose, seems like you get better customer service and a lot more bang for the buck.
Old 06-09-08, 06:39 PM
JJsc3
Driver

Originally Posted by UpInTheLex
Whew... I go through worse than that on a daily basis it seems.
Come spend a day in the life up in Humboldt County.

I've been in out of 2 different shops for 2 weeks just trying to get an alignment up here. Not to mention it's costing me 225 bucks.

I can't wait to move to San Jose, seems like you get better customer service and a lot more bang for the buck.
If only you were nearby S.F., I could have referred you to a shop called Metropolitan Motors. Without the use of a camber kit, they were able to get my alignment adjusted within specs even after a huge drop of over 2 inches. They would have charged you no more than $200.00 too. I paid about $159.00, and cash only. For anyone out there looking to do an alignment for the SC, Metropolitan Motors in located at 721 Bryant Street (between 5th & 6th st.), San Francisco, CA 94107. Ask for John, and tell him you're a friend of Jonathan and his silver SC300. Make sure you let him know the price I paid.

Last edited by JJsc3; 06-09-08 at 06:46 PM.
Old 06-21-08, 12:21 PM
zoo_yorker
Driver School Candidate

I ordered a camber kit from than and it took 6 weeks (a set was on backorder) but by the time I got them, I already found some others. So I actually got an email response from them saying I could return them with only a 10% restocking fee cause my order got messed up instead of a normal 25% restocking fee. So I sent them out APRIL 21 and scheduled to arrive APRIL 23 or so. I waited a week before trying to contact them and no luck. I have been emailing and calling them everyday since the end of APRIL and I get so reponse or anything! I am sorry but customer service is horrible, like the worst I have ever dealt with! So I am still waiting for a reply from them and my refund!
Old 07-30-08, 11:06 AM
zoo_yorker
Driver School Candidate

Its been over a month since I have posted on this thread and still havent heard from TM. Also I noticed they took down a phone number and only a fax is left. Anyone know a number I could reach them at?
Old 07-30-08, 05:07 PM
RMMGS4
Northern California Regional Officer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by JJsc3
If only you were nearby S.F., I could have referred you to a shop called Metropolitan Motors. Without the use of a camber kit, they were able to get my alignment adjusted within specs even after a huge drop of over 2 inches. They would have charged you no more than $200.00 too. I paid about $159.00, and cash only. For anyone out there looking to do an alignment for the SC, Metropolitan Motors in located at 721 Bryant Street (between 5th & 6th st.), San Francisco, CA 94107. Ask for John, and tell him you're a friend of Jonathan and his silver SC300. Make sure you let him know the price I paid.
Don't want to take this off topic, but if you search for "Alignment" in the "NorCal forum section", we have several highly recommended alignment shops in the San Jose area that specialize in Lowered cars and have a respected track record going back several years already.
Old 07-31-08, 09:11 AM
slappy96
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

OK. Since I started this thread, I'll try and complete the circle. It looks like TM Engineering has the corner on this market. I tried to go through a guy in the UK for rack bushings and he no longer maintained stock. So...I tried TM Engineering again via website and the damn things showed up in three days.

To recap- First try in Feb 08/5 phone calls/4 e-mails/Post here give up.
2nd try- Astounded how fast they showed up on my door.

Life's funny. I don't support the customer service that they provide, but if you are sold on Daizen steering rack bushings,
Old 07-31-08, 11:51 AM
UTSC300
Lead Lap

I said f them and bought supra arms for my car, good luck to those in the future.
Old 07-31-08, 12:14 PM
SC400DAVE
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by zoo_yorker
I ordered a camber kit from than and it took 6 weeks (a set was on backorder) but by the time I got them, I already found some others. So I actually got an email response from them saying I could return them with only a 10% restocking fee cause my order got messed up instead of a normal 25% restocking fee. So I sent them out APRIL 21 and scheduled to arrive APRIL 23 or so. I waited a week before trying to contact them and no luck. I have been emailing and calling them everyday since the end of APRIL and I get so reponse or anything! I am sorry but customer service is horrible, like the worst I have ever dealt with! So I am still waiting for a reply from them and my refund!
Contact an Administrator and file a complaint. I would start by asking
"DaveGS4" what to do. Good Luck!
Old 08-02-08, 11:30 PM
zoo_yorker
Driver School Candidate

He sent me a PM and hopefully I can get everything settle'd sooner or later...well its later now!
Old 08-04-08, 06:18 PM
Luxor
Pole Position

Received 36 Likes on 31 Posts

Ordered A Camber Kit From Them Over 3 Weeks Ago And Picked The Priority Mail Option And After 2 Emails They Have Not Responded! I Don't Even Know How To Call Them Either.

Tmengineering Should Not Be A Sponsor Of Clublexus.com!!!!!! They Are Making Clublexus.com Look Bad. This Is Absolutely Rediculous!

How Is Tm Still In Business?
Old 08-04-08, 08:30 PM
zoo_yorker
Driver School Candidate

I have sent probably close to 50 emails and over 100 calls! When I had question's about returning something, I got an email back a week later but now that the product has returned, its like they are just going to ignore me and hopefully I will stop and they made an extra $200 bucks from me! It just amazes me to see how some company can treat its customer!

end rant

Quick Reply: Issues with TM Engineering (no longer an approved CL vendor) - merged threads