Site Suggestions & Problems Bring up any suggestions, questions or problems concerning ClubLexus. If you need to test a forum feature, post here too. Note - questions about your Lexus do not belong in this forum!

TMengineering?

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-07, 08:45 AM
ChronoJ1
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

To those who have/had good experience with TME. I'm glad everything worked out fine for you guys, but don't tell us with bad experience to just buckle down and wait till Todd comes through. I know TME has done alot of good for CL community in the past, but without CL, TME wouldn't have earned its once-good-reputation/profit/etc. I regret that I gave TME a chance even after reading all the nightmare stories about that shop, and I will never do business again with them and lastly I will make it my job on CL to prevent others from going through what I have experienced.

I recommend that the admin/mod of the ClubLexus drop TME from its sponsored vendor status. In part, CL is promoting these bad transactions to happen, and regardless of how much TME is paying for advertising, CL should not be a catalyst to furthering these events. Until TME works harda again to earn its place again, they shouldn't have a place on CL.
Old 03-22-07, 09:37 AM
mole
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ChronoJ1
To those who have/had good experience with TME. I'm glad everything worked out fine for you guys, but don't tell us with bad experience to just buckle down and wait till Todd comes through. I know TME has done alot of good for CL community in the past, but without CL, TME wouldn't have earned its once-good-reputation/profit/etc. I regret that I gave TME a chance even after reading all the nightmare stories about that shop, and I will never do business again with them and lastly I will make it my job on CL to prevent others from going through what I have experienced.

I recommend that the admin/mod of the ClubLexus drop TME from its sponsored vendor status. In part, CL is promoting these bad transactions to happen, and regardless of how much TME is paying for advertising, CL should not be a catalyst to furthering these events. Until TME works harda again to earn its place again, they shouldn't have a place on CL.
I couldnt agree more Chrono... thank you! I am tired of hearing people say that this is an abnormal situation and that Todd has 1000's of other positive experiences and we should be careful what we say. If Todd is going through some sort of an issue where he isnt able to respond in a timely manner and he chooses to nothing about it, then he should accept the feedback.

I have used other shops recently and have had great standup service in parts purchasing and installations and service. I'll stick to those shops and give them my business as long as they continue the great service.
Old 03-22-07, 09:45 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,128 Likes on 1,298 Posts

I regret that I gave TME a chance even after reading all the nightmare stories about that shop, and I will never do business again with them and lastly I will make it my job on CL to prevent others from going through what I have experienced.
Are you making the statement that you are going to stalk every post about this vendor because your package is now two days late? I hope that your situation doesn't worsen, but it sounds like you canceled the transaction payment before any return communication from the vendor and there is no way it will be resolved at this point. I'm sorry Chrono, but I don't think your specific situation warrants the kind of 'anti-TM' campaign you suggest.

I've reached out to Todd and asked him to call me to find out what's going on with communications and service to our members.

Last edited by DaveGS4; 03-22-07 at 09:49 AM.
Old 03-22-07, 09:49 AM
ChronoJ1
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by GSteg
Sewell is an authorized dealer for Daizen. I've bought Daizen steering rack bushings from them before.
Do you have their phone number by any chance?
Old 03-22-07, 10:08 AM
ChronoJ1
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by DaveGS4
Are you making the statement that you are going to stalk every post about this vendor because your package is now two days late?
Did I say that i'm going to stalk? No. If someone considers a purchase from TME and asks about other people's opinon, then i'll be more than happy to share my insight. An unpleasant one at that.

I hope that your situation doesn't worsen, but it sounds like you canceled the transaction payment before any return communication from the vendor and there is no way it will be resolved at this point. I'm sorry Chrono, but I don't think your specific situation warrants the kind of 'anti-TM' campaign you suggest.
I tried calling him numerous times. No one picked up and of course, his message box is full. And somebody, I forget his name, finally picked up the phone on Monday after numerous tries so I asked the status on my order. He said, "I can't help you, I'll let Todd call you back". And of course not a single phone call. Dave, if you have any suggestions on how to communicate with these guys, give me some pointers.

I've reached out to Todd and asked him to call me to find out what's going on with communications and service to our members.
Has he gotten back to you?

Dave, I understand that you want to protect your vendors since they generate revenue, but don't turn the blame to impatience of customers. This has happened with another ex-vendor of yours.
Old 03-22-07, 11:46 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,128 Likes on 1,298 Posts

Chrono, I totally understand your concern but I also ask you be reasonable in your responses and actions. Cursing TME out on our forum (post 15) and planning to mount an ongoing anti-TME campaign is not what I consider reasonable given the circumstances you have described.

You said "I will make it my job on CL to prevent others from going through what I have experienced. ". That is a very strong statement which IMO would result in online stalking, which I'm not going to allow on CL regardless of the circumstance (whether its member or vendor sales issues). Your followup post/position above is a lot more reasonable, thank you.

Dave, I understand that you want to protect your vendors since they generate revenue, but don't turn the blame to impatience of customers. This has happened with another ex-vendor of yours.
Please read my responses, and point out where I 'protected' anything? Where I have I turned the blame on anyone in this situation or others in the past? My primary concern in this situation is TME's service to our members. My only point to you above is that I wanted you to reconsider your strongly worded statements and actions over a package that is only two days late... and in a situation where you have stopped payment so now there is absolutely no way for me to try to contact Todd and try to get the issue resolved on your behalf.

TM Engineering has provided ongoing support for both this forum and for our members for many years. I very much understand the concerns of our members over communication and followup from TME and am trying to get some help (or at least status) for our members on that front, especially those with orders in progress.

Do you have their phone number by any chance?
Scroll down a few on link below for discount code

https://www.clublexus.com/index.php?...=27&Itemid=179

Should also link you to their site with phone #s

Last edited by DaveGS4; 03-22-07 at 12:20 PM.
Old 03-22-07, 11:59 AM
BLiu
Lexus Test Driver

Did I say that i'm going to stalk? No. If someone considers a purchase from TME and asks about other people's opinon, then i'll be more than happy to share my insight. An unpleasant one at that.

I tried calling him numerous times. No one picked up and of course, his message box is full. And somebody, I forget his name, finally picked up the phone on Monday after numerous tries so I asked the status on my order. He said, "I can't help you, I'll let Todd call you back". And of course not a single phone call. Dave, if you have any suggestions on how to communicate with these guys, give me some pointers.

Has he gotten back to you?

You are expending a LOT of energy for a two-day late set of bushings.

I hate to see what happens when you order wheels and they wind up being 3 months late because they are on backorder.
Old 03-22-07, 12:29 PM
ChronoJ1
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by BLiu
You are expending a LOT of energy for a two-day late set of bushings.

I hate to see what happens when you order wheels and they wind up being 3 months late because they are on backorder.
If i'm told that it will take 3 months, i'll wait three months. If they tell me that i should have it tomorrow and end up taking 3 months, i will not tolerate it.
Old 03-22-07, 12:33 PM
BLiu
Lexus Test Driver

If i'm told that it will take 3 months, i'll wait three months. If they tell me that i should have it tomorrow and end up taking 3 months, i will not tolerate it.
Boy, I would hate to do business with you. It was two days late, not 3 months.

So, if you order wheels and they say 2 weeks, and it becomes two months due to backorder, you would go somewhere else to order them, and that same place will tell you it will take 2 weeks and wind up being 3 months, because the actual distributor REALLY has a backorder...what next?

Remember now, you just ordered some bushings that were probably under $100 not $4,000 wheels. I am just sayin...

So, let me get this straight....Are you one of those guys that when a restaurant hostess tells you the wait time is 10 minutes, and it's now been 15 minutes, you ask for the manager, raise a stink and demand a free meal?

Brent

Last edited by BLiu; 03-22-07 at 12:38 PM.
Old 03-22-07, 12:57 PM
ChronoJ1
Lexus Champion

Boy, I would hate to do business with you. It was two days late, not 3 months.

So, if you order wheels and they say 2 weeks, and it becomes two months due to backorder, you would go somewhere else to order them, and that same place will tell you it will take 2 weeks and wind up being 3 months, because the actual distributor REALLY has a backorder...what next?

Remember now, you just ordered some bushings that were probably under $100 not $4,000 wheels. I am just sayin...

So, let me get this straight....Are you one of those guys that when a restaurant hostess tells you the wait time is 10 minutes, and it's now been 15 minutes, you ask for the manager, raise a stink and demand a free meal?

Brent
Dude, what are you not understanding.

TME promised that i would get my package by Monday the latest.

Todd's exact word were, "Yes, we do have this in stock. You should receive it monday the latest."

Therefore, i made an appointment with a shop to drop off my car the next day. I have a lot to get done on my car, but due to this delay my appointment is set back for 2 weeks until the shop can find a time for me.

If it is only me who is experiencing this kind of crap, i could assume TME made a mistake but i've seen way too many people waiting on empty promises.

The restaurant analogy was pathetic. Are we in middle school? The industry that TME is involved in thrives on prompt communication and prompt delivery of promised product. I see neither.
Old 03-22-07, 12:58 PM
morris
Lexus Champion

You do buisness in a certain way and that pleases customers. A buisness owner has a responsibillity to meet customer expecations particularly when they set them.

Late is late the purchaser has a right to be concerned. But as I see it the real problem is that TM will not for whatever reason communicate with the customer and let he or she know what is going on with the products that they have purchased. There is no excuse for not returning calls or emails when you are running a buisness.

The guy spent his money, TM gave there word that they would send it, they wont return his calls.

He has a right to be upset.
Old 03-22-07, 01:05 PM
BLiu
Lexus Test Driver

The restaurant analogy was pathetic. Are we in middle school? The industry that TME is involved in thrives on prompt communication and prompt delivery of promised product. I see neither.
All I see is a rabid customer who ordered a set of bushings that are two days late who is now "making it his business" to take down TME over less than $100 worth of stuff. It doesn't take middle school to see that...in fact, I only graduated from Kindergarten and I can see it...

PS Wait until you see how much it costs to put those precious bushings of yours in...I feel for the mechanic doing that job...oh, but probably you are going to do it yourself right? Cuz you've got "higher education" Right? LOL!
Old 03-22-07, 01:12 PM
ChronoJ1
Lexus Champion

All I see is a rabid customer who ordered a set of bushings that are two days late who is now "making it his business" to take down TME over less than $100 worth of stuff. It doesn't take middle school to see that...in fact, I only graduated from Kindergarten and I can see it...
If you want the exact amount it is 245.01 dollars if that matters at all, since you are so hung up on the dollar amount. Should i be less angry if it is 100 dollars?

edit: From the flow of your logic, i can see the importance of education.

PS Wait until you see how much it costs to put those precious bushings of yours in...I feel for the mechanic doing that job...oh, but probably you are going to do it yourself right? Cuz you've got "higher education" Right? LOL!
Did i say that i'm not aware of the cost of labor? And what does that have anything to do with the thread? Did i ever say that i'm going to do it myself, because i have a higher education? what are you smoking? And why are you being a TME nut hugger? Do you see anything TME did right in my case?
Old 03-22-07, 01:18 PM
BLiu
Lexus Test Driver

If you want the exact amount it is 245.01 dollars if that matters at all, since you are so hung up on the dollar amount. Should i be less angry if it is 100 dollars?

edit: From the flow of your logic, i can see the importance of education.

Did i say that i'm not aware of the cost of labor? And what does that have anything to do with the thread? Did i ever say that i'm going to do it myself, because i have a higher education? what are you smoking? And why are you being a TME nut hugger? Do you see anything TME did right in my case?
I call it as I see it. You call it as you see it.

Attacking me by saying I am in Middle School (read your post - you started it) and that I am a TME nut hugger does not change the fact that:

1) Your order was only two days late.
2) You called your credit card to remove the charge so fast that nothing gets resolved.
3) You threaten that "you will make it your business to take down TME". Key word is threaten...
4) You didn't even let the moderator help you resolve the situation before you start ranting and raving.
5) The moderator has already slapped your hand for making "threats".

I think that speaks for itself? Don't you think?
Old 03-22-07, 01:30 PM
ChronoJ1
Lexus Champion

I call it as I see it. You call it as you see it.

Attacking me by saying I am in Middle School (read your post - you started it) and that I am a TME nut hugger does not change the fact that:
I said your analogy is that of a middle school kid.

1) Your order was only two days late.
I was told that they had the items in stock which they will ship the same day via priority mail.... and that I should see my package on Monday the latest. It's wednesday. I tried calling, but nobody picks up or someone tells me that they can't help me. Why the F are you trying to turn this into something I did wrong.

2) You called your credit card to remove the charge so fast that nothing gets resolved.
LOL. TME is not responding to my calls. How the F is that going to resolve anything?

3) You threaten that "you will make it your business to take down TME". Key word is threaten...
I said, i will make it my job to prevent other people from going through the same crap i'm going through. Don't use " marks when you are quoting something you just wrote up.

4) You didn't even let the moderator help you resolve the situation before you start ranting and raving.
It seems like even Dave can't get a hold of this guy. How is an answering maching going to help any mods/admins/whoever.

5) The moderator has already slapped your hand for making "threats".
Well moderators are doing their jobs, so go somewhere else and do your own.

I think that speaks for itself? Don't you think?
I don't want this thread to be closed so go somewhere else and troll.

Quick Reply: TMengineering?