RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

How to install apexi throttle control?

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-17, 06:45 PM
Katrcf
Pit Crew

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
Default How to install apexi throttle control?

Bought the new controller, read instructions, now I'm really confused.
where will I find the reverse wire harness? I found the accelerator harness, but not a clue on the reverse. Do I need to take apart the console? If so, how far? Can I access it on the pass side of the firewall? I haven't been under the car yet, can I see it there?
Not really sure what I'm looking for, so any assistance would be greatly appreciated!
BTW 2015 RCF
Old 02-23-17, 07:22 PM
ba2sy
Instructor

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by Katrcf
Bought the new controller, read instructions, now I'm really confused.
where will I find the reverse wire harness? I found the accelerator harness, but not a clue on the reverse. Do I need to take apart the console? If so, how far? Can I access it on the pass side of the firewall? I haven't been under the car yet, can I see it there?
Not really sure what I'm looking for, so any assistance would be greatly appreciated!
BTW 2015 RCF
No one really installed the reverse wire harness. You should be good.
Old 02-23-17, 07:29 PM
Katrcf
Pit Crew

That's kinda what I figured. Must be the connection that says don't increase throttle response in reverse (which makes total sense). But I am pretty **** and as this is my girlfriends car, I need to make sure this install is done properly! So, still looking for that reverse harness location and access.
thanks for the quick reply
Old 02-23-17, 07:29 PM
Fysisist
Pole Position

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts

I didn't worry the reverse wire either, notice no difference in throttle response in reverse. It doesn't effect the performance of the controller, I wouldn't worry about it.
The following users liked this post:
Katrcf (02-23-17)
Old 02-23-17, 07:49 PM
ba2sy
Instructor

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by Katrcf
That's kinda what I figured. Must be the connection that says don't increase throttle response in reverse (which makes total sense). But I am pretty **** and as this is my girlfriends car, I need to make sure this install is done properly! So, still looking for that reverse harness location and access.
thanks for the quick reply
That's good too. But if ever you don't find it, you can turn it off before going on reverse by pushing it on hold until the light turns off. Usually, you only go on reverse when parking and you will tend to turn off the Apexi Controller when going forward anyway because you will feel the jumps if you didn't.
Katrcf (02-24-17)
Old 02-23-17, 10:46 PM
rmsimmonsj
Driver

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Apexi themselves say reverse it not needed, I was the tester for this part on the RCF (good friends with them). It basically turns the controller off while in reverse so the gas pedal isnt so touchy, so you dont press the gas hard and slam into someone (why you'd press the gas hard in reverse is besides me). But I have yet to ever press the gas in reverse in this car, the car rolls just fine without gassing it and shouldnt be pressing the gas and driving hard in reverse anyways ;p. To use that wire you will have to locate the brake light wire in the firewall and tap into it, just risking something going wrong. If you feel its too wild in reverse then like he said above, just push the button and turn it off or put it on any color besides purple or red and it will back up normal when you press the gas. Remember this does not change forward or backwards feel unless you press the gas. If you need any more help PM me.

Katrcf (02-24-17)
Old 02-24-17, 04:02 PM
Katrcf
Pit Crew

You guys are awesome!
Thanks for the help. Will be installing tomorrow without the reverse harness.