Lx570 Brakes

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-16, 04:46 AM
LexusLx570
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lx570 Brakes

Hello!

The effectiveness of brakes overall are more than enough. of course it is not a sportcar.

However, when pushing the brake pedal, there is a certain lag...so you have to push the pedal further in order to feel the brakes are working... When pushing the pedal for the first 3-5cm there is not any effect.. nothing happens...

in comparison with Lx470... during the braking time... the braking effect starts from the very beginning... just when you touch the brake pedal...

is it possible to reprogramme or adjust the brake pedal?
Old 10-20-16, 05:33 AM
ggebhardt
Pole Position

Received 498 Likes on 378 Posts

Congrats on the 570!

The "dead space" has always been typical in all of my LX570 units. You get used to it pretty quickly and do not even think about it anymore, but I do remember when I first noticed it.

I do not think there is any adjustment, it is just different.

Last edited by ggebhardt; 10-20-16 at 06:05 AM.
Old 10-20-16, 12:23 PM
LexusLx570
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by ggebhardt
Congrats on the 570!

The "dead space" has always been typical in all of my LX570 units. You get used to it pretty quickly and do not even think about it anymore, but I do remember when I first noticed it.

I do not think there is any adjustment, it is just different.

Thank you! I have been driving it almost 3 years).. of course it is not a problem at all.. it is just the way it comes from the factory... but that makes driving the car with less confidence)
Old 10-20-16, 01:54 PM
ggebhardt
Pole Position

Originally Posted by LexusLx570
Thank you! I have been driving it almost 3 years).. of course it is not a problem at all.. it is just the way it comes from the factory... but that makes driving the car with less confidence)
Been driving the 570 from 2008 on and the brakes are surpurb. I got used to the "play" in the peddle and I do not even think about it. I also have a New RX350 and it is not problem moving between the two.
Old 10-21-16, 03:37 AM
ClaytonW
Advanced

Received 99 Likes on 79 Posts

I also have a New RX350 and it is not problem moving between the two.
I have LS460 and moving between it and LX is a problem (O.K., after some time you can get use to it). The brakes are completely different. In LS if you just touch the brake pedal it starts to break quite hard. Lexus should be more consistent between its models.
Old 10-21-16, 07:33 AM
ggebhardt
Pole Position

Originally Posted by ClaytonW
I have LS460 and moving between it and LX is a problem (O.K., after some time you can get use to it). The brakes are completely different. In LS if you just touch the brake pedal it starts to break quite hard. Lexus should be more consistent between its models.
I agree but this IS they way it is from my 2008 all the way to my 2106 on LX models. It did not take me long to get used to moving from the RX to the LX, it is all built in now.
Old 10-23-16, 08:53 AM
tella
Driver

The 2016LX brake system is monitoring how the quickly the pedal is activated. Gently Vs Promptly. In fact, it works in conjunction with the Pre-Collision monitor/sensor, which alters the brake application.
The 2017 LS has a very similar brake monitoring system. The brakes works quite well. It just may take a little time to getting used to it. Good luck.
Old 10-23-16, 03:31 PM
hankinid
Pole Position

Received 424 Likes on 360 Posts

Originally Posted by ClaytonW
That sounds like asking GM to be more consistent between a Malibu and a Suburban. Very different vehicles...and the laws of physics don't change.

Good luck.

Originally Posted by tella
The 2016LX brake system is monitoring how the quickly the pedal is activated. Gently Vs Promptly. In fact, it works in conjunction with the Pre-Collision monitor/sensor, which alters the brake application.
The 2017 LS has a very similar brake monitoring system. The brakes works quite well. It just may take a little time to getting used to it. Good luck.
Spot on. It works the same without collision monitoring ('13 Cruiser). It's a bit like reading your mind...it senses how fast you're going and not only that you want to stop, but how fast you want to stop.

Different than the '01 LX which stops like it hit a wall, but you foot has to keep telling it.
Old 10-23-16, 04:24 PM
ClaytonW
Advanced

Received 99 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by hankinid
That sounds like asking GM to be more consistent between a Malibu and a Suburban. Very different vehicles...and the laws of physics don't change.
It has nothing to do with the law of physics. It's just about how you program the electronics for the break pedal. Car manufacturer can decide that brakes should reach 80% break power on 20% of the path of the break pedal. It's just software. It can be changed with different driving modes if there is a switch. I am quite sure that both LS and LX use Electronically Controlled Brakes.

Last edited by ClaytonW; 10-23-16 at 04:43 PM.
Old 10-24-16, 03:53 AM
ggebhardt
Pole Position

No matter if it is electronic or not the LX570 seems to have slack space from where it starts to move to where it starts to brake. It is something you can get used to with time.
Old 02-28-24, 05:05 PM
Lvdadog
1st Gear

Been driving the 570 from 2008 on and the brakes are surpurb. I got used to the "play" in the peddle and I do not even think about it. I also have a New RX350 and it is not problem moving between the two.
I have had this model since the first the gorgeous 2 toned lx 450. 1996. then 2003 Lx 470 i think then 2018. I got a lx 570.

So many thing backwards. But odd was the brakes. Previous models just told to pump a little if rain or snow . But the 2016 lx 570 has this really odd thing where when at a flat stop you have to keep the brake pressed. Otherwise the car goes forward. And not slowly . I was in front of my house flat service normally put in reverse and back into the driveway. But i stopped before turning left to start the back up and next thing i knew i hit my other car sitting in front of my house. was not a little tap. Shocked since notice i have to always keep the brake not a top but i had push. Which is even more obvious since knee replacement in 2013. Right knee so does not like the long depressed brake. Many things did not initially work with the car but they had zero time to show me anything. Then first service they had to replace the battery odd. Had had to jump it few times. Did not think odd as had to jump the 470 constantly. One Lexus dealer started wrong ultiple times and my dealer had to replace all the fuses in vehicle. then an accident 6 months later and per insurance the auto body shop did the same thing. They of course said I did it. But car was not drivable after the accident and I was seriously injured. Anyway once the battery was changed a bunch of stuff started working. I had assumed i had to program them. Nope. the pushing the break not as bad but still not normal. Driving down from Arrowhead I never had to brake but I also did not have to hit the case, It just cruised down the 18. Now no gas but constantly pumping on the brake. Now why weird. Service tells me i need new front brakes. I use to drive a stick shift so rarely have to replace brakes and when I have it is all 4. Now odd just front. And an issue with battery draining. I used to drive 30,000 miles a year now 1200. Just put in new battery and if i do not drive for two weeks i have to jump start. That is so not normal. Lexus had it to change the brakes. did not and could not get car back was odd but sure looks like somebody jumped it. Anyway Question is about the brakes nobody I talk to that has this car has this issue and i know not normal and kind of Help. Always service with Lexus since 1996 but concerned. Putting on new wheels so having brakes checked non lexus. any help with the odd take off brakes. the fact i have to replace the front not back says volumes.