LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Best car seat protectors

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-16, 02:08 PM
KansasHawk
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best car seat protectors

I'm a newbie to the board that purchased a 2014 LS 460 a few weeks ago and have been researching car seat protectors for my 2 little ones with car seats(currently using a towel). It looks like the Brica Seat Guardian and the Prince Lionheart 2 stage are two of the most popular. Does anyone have any feedback on either? I'm looking at getting protectors soon but wanted to check with the board to see if anyone had any advice. Thanks!
Old 07-28-16, 02:23 PM
comotiger
Pole Position

Received 296 Likes on 254 Posts

Originally Posted by KansasHawk
I'm a newbie to the board that purchased a 2014 LS 460 a few weeks ago and have been researching car seat protectors for my 2 little ones with car seats(currently using a towel). It looks like the Brica Seat Guardian and the Prince Lionheart 2 stage are two of the most popular. Does anyone have any feedback on either? I'm looking at getting protectors soon but wanted to check with the board to see if anyone had any advice. Thanks!
Welcome to CL, and congrats on your new car! I am sorry I don't have any suggestions for you. I went thru the car seats and diaper changes and messy cars with my two boys several years ago. I let them mess up the Toyota Sienna Now that they are 11 and 14, we have graduated to a LS! Hope you don't get stressed out keeping the vehicle clean.

Mmmm, KansasHawk, you can probably guess where I live (CoMoTiger) When you have some time when the kids are asleep, please post pics of your car

Last edited by comotiger; 07-28-16 at 02:33 PM.
Old 07-28-16, 07:43 PM
Chuckinnj
Advanced

Received 77 Likes on 60 Posts

This is what I have for temporary seat covers www.seatarmour.com I purchased them for a "quick seat cover" when I drive home from a dirty job or I leave one on the seat for the repair shop. Basically it is a $40 towel that is cut for the shape of the seat and uses the head rest to hold it up on the back of the seat.

Last edited by Chuckinnj; 07-28-16 at 07:46 PM.
Old 07-29-16, 02:33 AM
tbilisi79
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Same problem here. For the baby seat I use 2 thick towels on the bottom, and one on the back. Works well.
Old 07-29-16, 03:14 PM
KansasHawk
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by comotiger
Welcome to CL, and congrats on your new car! I am sorry I don't have any suggestions for you. I went thru the car seats and diaper changes and messy cars with my two boys several years ago. I let them mess up the Toyota Sienna Now that they are 11 and 14, we have graduated to a LS! Hope you don't get stressed out keeping the vehicle clean.

Mmmm, KansasHawk, you can probably guess where I live (CoMoTiger) When you have some time when the kids are asleep, please post pics of your car
Hey Comotiger, still trying to figure out how to work the board on my mobile. I tried to post some pics so hopefully they come across. Yeah I had an Altima previously and with the wife owning a SUV, I wanted a bigger luxury car. Smooth as hell so far.
And yes, I'm a KU grad but lived in KC for 7 years so know some cool MU people. It's all good

Old 07-29-16, 03:32 PM
KansasHawk
Driver School Candidate

Thanks for the replies on the seat protection. The reviews on Amazon are like anything where there is good and bad reviews but most both options will most likely work just fine. I'll post back once I order something to give others some feedback.
Old 07-29-16, 03:44 PM
Dr. Jekyll
Lexus Champion

Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts

Been using this for years with much success!

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Old 07-31-16, 07:30 PM
KansasHawk
Driver School Candidate

Thanks for the responses! After talking with my wife she wanted to try out the Brica Seat Guardian protectors. I'll post back after a bit to let others know how they work. Thanks again!
Old 08-01-16, 05:44 AM
johnnyg66
Racer

Received 152 Likes on 130 Posts

Originally Posted by Chuckinnj
This is what I have for temporary seat covers www.seatarmour.com I purchased them for a "quick seat cover" when I drive home from a dirty job or I leave one on the seat for the repair shop. Basically it is a $40 towel that is cut for the shape of the seat and uses the head rest to hold it up on the back of the seat.
Nice! Even have the Lexus Name on them too.
Old 08-01-16, 06:19 AM
My1998LS40
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice car! Congrats on the F-Sport!!! Where in Kansaa are you? I'm in Wichita. If you're close, let's get coffee together.

Johnnyg66: same to you too.
Old 08-01-16, 07:34 AM
comotiger
Pole Position

Received 296 Likes on 254 Posts

Hey Comotiger, still trying to figure out how to work the board on my mobile. I tried to post some pics so hopefully they come across. Yeah I had an Altima previously and with the wife owning a SUV, I wanted a bigger luxury car. Smooth as hell so far. And yes, I'm a KU grad but lived in KC for 7 years so know some cool MU people. It's all good

Beautiful car! I have noticed that CLers greatly appreciate F-sports. I myself am biased toward 460 LWBs

Well, let's hope KU and MU have decent football seasons this year!
Old 08-02-16, 07:35 AM
DJKnetic
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Dr. Jekyll
Been using this for years with much success!

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Just ordered this. $9, and will look better than a towel under the booster seat.
Old 08-02-16, 08:27 AM
seanl
Intermediate

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Firstly, congrats on your new ride...love it!

I have the Prince LionHearts in 3 cars....it's the best I've found to date.

Old 08-03-16, 03:52 PM
KansasHawk
Driver School Candidate

My1998LS40, we moved from Michigan back home to Topeka 3 years ago. Both our parents live here and with a 9 month old and 2 1/2 year old having both grandparents in town is huge Wichita has really grown since I had lived in KS.

Comotiger, being a KU fan is brutal during football season. It's horrible that I start thinking basketball in September! Good luck this season....
Old 08-03-16, 03:54 PM
KansasHawk
Driver School Candidate

Seanl, thanks for the feedback on the Prince Lionheart. Good to know that they work well. We ordered the Brica but looking at reviews those two stood out.

Thanks again,