GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

A little help please

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-06, 08:35 PM
greg h
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A little help please

I searched for a thread on this but did not find one so sorry if this has been covered. Is there anyway to get rid of the OIL MAINt REQD message that comes on. I'm going to get my car serviced this weekend but I hate this message being on until then. Again, sorry if this info has been posted before. Thanks.
Old 06-28-06, 10:50 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 185 Likes on 144 Posts

i don't have the car, but i believe the instructions are in the user manual?
Old 06-29-06, 04:58 AM
jwa
Pole Position

You can find the answer in the tips, tricks thread. In summary:

1. Push the “ODO TRIP” switch in the switch box to
change the display to blank.
2. Turn the engine switch off.
3. Turn the engine switch on with the trip meter “RESET”
switch held down.
4. Keep pushing the “RESET” switch for longer than 7
seconds after the engine switch is turned on.
After the above operation, the master warning light comes
on, a warning tone sounds and the above message
appears to inform you that the engine oil maintenance
data has been reset.
Old 06-29-06, 06:20 AM
greg h
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by jwa
You can find the answer in the tips, tricks thread. In summary:
JWA

I did try that but that resets the "OIL MAINT RESET" warning not the "OIL MAINT REQD" warning. Thanks for your reply though. Perhaps once the oil is changed the light automatically changes from "oil mant reqd" to "oil maint reset".
Old 06-29-06, 06:32 AM
greg h
Driver School Candidate

JWA,

The owners manual says that after the engine oil replacement, reset the engine oil mantenance data and then the "oil maint reset" should appear on display. So, I guess my question now is where does find the oil maintenance data so I can reset it? Thanks.
Old 06-29-06, 07:02 AM
jwa
Pole Position

Originally Posted by greg h
JWA,

The owners manual says that after the engine oil replacement, reset the engine oil mantenance data and then the "oil maint reset" should appear on display. So, I guess my question now is where does find the oil maintenance data so I can reset it? Thanks.
As far as I know, there's only one reset procedure. The "Oil Maintenance Reset" comes on after you reset the data to indicate that the data has indeed been reset. It should go off by itself after restarting the car or driving a few miles.

Also, on your navigation display panel, go into the system maintenace calendar and make sure that data is also reset.
Old 06-29-06, 07:15 AM
greg h
Driver School Candidate

Jwa,
I will try driving the car a few miles and see if that helps. When I push the odo display button to blank you mean that the only thing that showing is my milage...nothing else(temp,etc). If thats the case I did try to reset it by holding down the reset button for 7+seconds after I stared the car and nothing happened(I still got the oil maint req message). Thanks for you help
Old 06-29-06, 07:31 AM
jwa
Pole Position

Jwa,
I will try driving the car a few miles and see if that helps. When I push the odo display button to blank you mean that the only thing that showing is my milage...nothing else(temp,etc). If thats the case I did try to reset it by holding down the reset button for 7+seconds after I stared the car and nothing happened(I still got the oil maint req message). Thanks for you help
Maybe I miss-read your previous post. If you still have the "Oil Maint Req" light, then you haven't reset the data. The ODO button on your hidden panel lets you choose between TripA, TripB, or Total Miles. Blank means to set it to to Total Miles. When the data is reset, the "Oil Maint Reset" light will come on, and the "Oil Maint Req" light will go off.
Old 06-29-06, 07:54 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 532 Likes on 281 Posts

JWA,

The MAINT REQD light is set at 5k intervals on all Toyota and Lexus vehicles since the 2004 model year. It is just a reminder light that will trigger to remind you of each oil change/service. It's not linked to the ECU where you would need to have a Lexus Service Dept plug it in to reset.
Old 06-29-06, 05:31 PM
greg h
Driver School Candidate

Talking

Originally Posted by flipside909
The MAINT REQD light is set at 5k intervals on all Toyota and Lexus vehicles since the 2004 model year. It is just a reminder light that will trigger to remind you of each oil change/service. It's not linked to the ECU where you would need to have a Lexus Service Dept plug it in to reset.

Thanks...I finally got that dammed light to go away.
Old 06-30-06, 10:20 AM
Eternity3G
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Next time, try the Tips, Tricks, How tos, & DIY's page in the third gen GS section... search in that specific thread.. It's a stick.. A lot of helpful info...