glowing licence plates

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-02, 08:32 PM
big bad furby
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default glowing licence plates

hey guys,
when i was in tokyo a few years back i noticed that alot of the cars have some sort of indiglo licence plates. they look pretty awesome imo, i was wondering if any of you guys have seen/heard of such a thing, and if they are available here in the states!
thankx....furbyzoid
Old 09-30-02, 08:35 PM
JohnnySC
Lexus Test Driver

oh no! this is going to be good.....
Old 09-30-02, 08:37 PM
awj
Bluegr*** Performance

Wink

I work with many Japanese. One guy told me about those plates. They are an option from the liscensing agency in Japan. He used to have them on his cars (one was a 800hp silvia, or so he claims). I doubt they are available here unless they are some sort of novelty front plate like that. Write your state representative and ask to make them available.

What's wrong Johnny?

Last edited by awj; 09-30-02 at 08:39 PM.
Old 09-30-02, 08:46 PM
big bad furby
Driver School Candidate

hey johnny sc,
i take it that you are not very fond of those licence plates? just wondering.
furbyzoid
Old 09-30-02, 09:04 PM
JohnnySC
Lexus Test Driver

I just envision the glowing license plate frames that you see around, maybe I am wrong if you are talking about something different, and I apologize. Heaven knows, I have been beat up pretty bad the last few days, my bottle of Prozac is just about out
Old 09-30-02, 09:35 PM
DIrEctQL
Chicago Lexus Club Moderator

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

I don't blame JohnnySC. I know people have obsessions with lights, wings, and such, but such things don't really belong on a SC and most cars. If they actually decided to put their money into a good use and make a good image of our cars then perhaps price of our cars would not depreciate as fast.
Old 09-30-02, 09:41 PM
awj
Bluegr*** Performance

I also understand the whole ricer turn off. Furby is refering to the actual liscense plate. They have an indiglo backing on them in Japan. So the actual liscense plate itself is indiglo. I could just see it now though if they were in the U.S. Could be cool, but most likely ... not. But hey, you never know - and to each his own.
Old 09-30-02, 09:51 PM
JohnnySC
Lexus Test Driver

I just have this vision forever burned into my head of this Mercury Cougar that I run across on my way to work every morning. He has silver tint on his car, the glowing license plate frame, the glowing windshield washer squirters, glowing exhaust pipe tip and enough stickers on his car to become an English teacher.

I guess, personally, my biggest fear is to be out somewhere and someone come up to me and say "dude, my buddy has the same car, but it has an APC this, APC, that, Weapon R this, Weapon R that." I am sure I am stepping on some toes here, but you have to take into prospective that we are driving a $50k luxury coupe, not a Honda Civic. True, beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but I think the market segment that our group makes up should preserve the SC and not try to turn it into something it is not (i.e., Honda Civic, Eclipse, Talon, whatever).
Old 09-30-02, 09:55 PM
big bad furby
Driver School Candidate

hahaha thas funny johnny sc!
dont worry i was just referring to those actual licence plates that glow. not to worry my honda civic days are over. hey but if i can just get a really big metal wing as well as a couple stickers; that might add like 50hp!!! jk. get this guys, in my town there is this dude with a banana colored chevy truck, and on his windshield guess what he has, a VTEC sticker....ugggggg!!! that is exactly why i hate ricers! i just got my sc3 about 2 weeks ago, and i promise, i will never tarnish this car with any ugly a$$ crap!!!
furby
Old 09-30-02, 09:55 PM
DIrEctQL

Originally posted by JohnnySC
I just have this vision forever burned into my head of this Mercury Cougar that I run across on my way to work every morning. He has silver tint on his car, the glowing license plate frame, the glowing windshield washer squirters, glowing exhaust pipe tip and enough stickers on his car to become an English teacher.

I guess, personally, my biggest fear is to be out somewhere and someone come up to me and say "dude, my buddy has the same car, but it has an APC this, APC, that, Weapon R this, Weapon R that." I am sure I am stepping on some toes here, but you have to take into prospective that we are driving a $50k luxury coupe, not a Honda Civic. True, beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but I think the market segment that our group makes up should preserve the SC and not try to turn it into something it is not (i.e., Honda Civic, Eclipse, Talon, whatever).
I don't even think a Honda, Eclipse, or any car should be that way. Honestly, cars aren't christmas trees.

Chris
Old 09-30-02, 10:00 PM
big bad furby
Driver School Candidate

hey do you guys know where i can get any altezza taillights for my sc300? hahahahah bad joke i know!!!
hehehe.....furby
Old 09-30-02, 10:02 PM
DIrEctQL

Originally posted by big bad furby
hey do you guys know where i can get any altezza taillights for my sc300? hahahahah bad joke i know!!!
hehehe.....furby
You could always upgrade to 97+ lights which are clear.
Old 09-30-02, 10:07 PM
big bad furby
Driver School Candidate

if you guys think its bad in your towns i wish you guys could come to where i live in cali! i mean for god sakes the flowmaster company started here... so just use your imaginations! i am still waiting for some white trash to put stickers on their mobile homes,,, its that bad! there is a ford taurus down the street from me with dual cannonball style mufflers on it and it has soccer mom written all over it. GROSS!
furby
Old 09-30-02, 10:10 PM
awj
Bluegr*** Performance

Maysville rice -
Attached Thumbnails glowing licence plates-maysvillerice1.jpg  
Old 09-30-02, 10:18 PM
Aristo V300VE
Driver

I have the glow license plates you refer to on my car. Just the lettering is made with a green clear plastic and just a regular lighting mount behind it. I can take a picture of it tonight and post it. When you get your car you just pay a little extra for it as well as if you want to choose your won number. Just with only 4 numeric choices it takes a little more imagination. I just chose the model number of my car...

Quick Reply: glowing licence plates