Exhaust tips for sale.

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-06, 04:50 PM
JCtx
Racer

Received 63 Likes on 43 Posts
Default Exhaust tips for sale.

They're like new. I even polished them for you . Taken off an '04 with 7K miles, and only saw rain once. The little screws are included (one for each tip).
Price is $100 + shipping, which is over 50% off retail, and that includes Paypal fees so you can pay with your credit card. I think it's fair, since you can't tell them apart from new. In fact, you can have the stock catback exhaust included if you pick it up in El Paso, TX... AND I haven't thrown it away already . Take care.
Old 07-18-06, 10:22 AM
JCtx
Racer

Well, figured nobody wants a stock exhaust, so threw it away this morning. And too much hassle to remove and ship somewhere, not to mention possible shipping damage, so will sell car with it when the time comes (hopefully in a looooong time ).

So it's just the tips now. Good day folks.
Old 07-19-06, 09:34 PM
Cannonbear
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

so you're sellin the tips for 100 bucks?

ill give ya 50 shipped for both hah
Old 07-19-06, 10:02 PM
JCtx
Racer

Tell you what. If they don't sell here for what I want, will start them on Ebay at $50 with no reserve, and see what happens. You might get lucky and be the only bidder (shipping will be extra) or they might go over what I want; we'll see.
Will post here before they go up on auction when I decide to sell them there. Later.

Last edited by JCtx; 07-22-06 at 08:05 AM.
Old 07-26-06, 01:59 PM
TexasLex
Pole Position

Originally Posted by ELP_JC
Tell you what. If they don't sell here for what I want, will start them on Ebay at $50 with no reserve, and see what happens. You might get lucky and be the only bidder (shipping will be extra) or they might go over what I want; we'll see.
Will post here before they go up on auction when I decide to sell them there. Later.
I am interested in putting a set of SC430 tips on my GS430. The GS's tips slide on where as it sounds like the SC's screw on. Do you happen to know the external diameter of the SC430's tailpipe? Is there a way you could email a pic to me?
Old 07-26-06, 05:02 PM
JCtx
Racer

Hey TexasLex, happy to help. Tips are supposed to be picked up by local sale, but I still have them here, so I took pictures and measurements for you. If all 4 pictures don't come out, please PM me your Email and I'd promptly send them your way. All measurements and comments will make sense when you see the tips.
To begin with, these tips have 4 tabs inside at 12, 3, 6, and 9 o'clock positions, which grab the flared-out (to 3") muffler tip very rigidly. There's a notch at the end of the tip to be screwed to a tab welded to the muffler tube (before the 3" flare-out), just for positioning, I guess, but the tips wouldn't go anywhere without that screw. In fact, it was a royal PITA to remove the tips after the screw was removed. They're pressed in by hand. Sooo, your muffler needs to be flared out to 3" or so for the tips to fit like on the SC.
The tips measure (when on the car, so you understand) 7-1/2" long on the bottom and 8-3/4" on the top. The outside diameter of the part you see is 4", and the inside is 3-1/8". Each tip is 4" diameter until 3-1/2 inches from the end, at which point it tapers down to 3-1/2" in diameter (pretty much outside and inside, as metal is thin). On the last 1-1/2" of the 4" section are the 4 tabs I mentioned. These tabs are the ones which grab the 3" flared-out muffler pipe, so you can barely see them sticking out from the inside diameter if you look at the tips from the visible part (remember they're 3-1/8" inside diameter, so tabs stick out a bit). Again, pics will make all this clear.
I used to have a GS400, and the tips were ridiculously small for the bumper opening, so I think they'd look great. If your muffler tip is not flared to 3" or thereabouts, you can get it flared out at any muffler shop. The securing tab at the end, as I said, is not important, but desirable. I'm including the stock bolts my car had (they're duct-taped inside each tip). Please let me know if you have any more questions.
JC

EDIT. My pictures are the smallest size (480x640) I can get, and are too large??? Geez. Send me a PM buddy with your Email.
Old 07-26-06, 05:26 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,128 Likes on 1,298 Posts

EDIT. My pictures are the smallest size (480x640) I can get, and are too large??? Geez. Send me a PM buddy with your Email.
It's the file size not the image dimensions that are at issue. You need to save it with a 'lighter' file size setting / image density.

Alternatively you can upload them to the CL gallery (link at the top of this page) or other image hosting site.
Old 07-27-06, 09:36 AM
JCtx
Racer

Hey Dave, thanks for the info. But how do I do that? I've never had a problem posting pictures in other boards. I've always just snap the pics, and downloaded them in my computer; they're recorded as .jpg files. I seem to be a bit... computer challenged , so if you have a link on how to change image density (so you don't waste your time doing it), I'd appreciate it, so I can post here. And yes, I've seen huge pics posted here, so I was scratching my head. Thanks again man.
Old 07-27-06, 10:34 AM
TexasLex
Pole Position

Hey TexasLex, happy to help. Tips are supposed to be picked up by local sale, but I still have them here, so I took pictures and measurements for you. If all 4 pictures don't come out, please PM me your Email and I'd promptly send them your way. All measurements and comments will make sense when you see the tips.
To begin with, these tips have 4 tabs inside at 12, 3, 6, and 9 o'clock positions, which grab the flared-out (to 3") muffler tip very rigidly. There's a notch at the end of the tip to be screwed to a tab welded to the muffler tube (before the 3" flare-out), just for positioning, I guess, but the tips wouldn't go anywhere without that screw. In fact, it was a royal PITA to remove the tips after the screw was removed. They're pressed in by hand. Sooo, your muffler needs to be flared out to 3" or so for the tips to fit like on the SC.
The tips measure (when on the car, so you understand) 7-1/2" long on the bottom and 8-3/4" on the top. The outside diameter of the part you see is 4", and the inside is 3-1/8". Each tip is 4" diameter until 3-1/2 inches from the end, at which point it tapers down to 3-1/2" in diameter (pretty much outside and inside, as metal is thin). On the last 1-1/2" of the 4" section are the 4 tabs I mentioned. These tabs are the ones which grab the 3" flared-out muffler pipe, so you can barely see them sticking out from the inside diameter if you look at the tips from the visible part (remember they're 3-1/8" inside diameter, so tabs stick out a bit). Again, pics will make all this clear.
I used to have a GS400, and the tips were ridiculously small for the bumper opening, so I think they'd look great. If your muffler tip is not flared to 3" or thereabouts, you can get it flared out at any muffler shop. The securing tab at the end, as I said, is not important, but desirable. I'm including the stock bolts my car had (they're duct-taped inside each tip). Please let me know if you have any more questions.
JC

Wow, thanks for the very detailed writeup! It was so well done that I do not need to see the pics. My OEM tailpipe is around 2 1/8", so flaring it to 3" is probably too big of a stretch. Thank you anyway though!
Old 07-28-06, 08:58 AM
JCtx
Racer

No problem buddy. I don't remember how my GS was when I put Borlas on it, but I don't remember any flaring at all (tips are small).
The muffler outlet tubes on the SC are probably 2-1/8" too (you could measure another SC), since the flared area looked ridiculously disproportionate, but the factory obvioulsy have a way to do it safely. I doubt you could find anybody to do that job for you. The other way would be to weld something like a bushing with ID of 2-1/8" and OD of 3", but first make sure the positioning of the tips wouldn't touch your bumber. Glad to help buddy, and thanks for your interest. Good luck.
Old 08-14-06, 08:05 PM
JCtx
Racer

Email sent .
Old 08-18-06, 03:44 PM
JCtx
Racer

SOLD!
Mods, you can delete this post if you want.