SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

Danzien question

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-16, 09:38 AM
Caflashbob
Instructor

Received 195 Likes on 154 Posts
Default Danzien question

driving our 08 sc430 home last night and ran into a high speed tight turn. Car wallowed through the turn with me sawing at the wheel. Wife did comment on the lack of control.

have not seen lowering springs for an 08.

bought new tires on the OEM pebble beach rims.

how much will the danzien sway bar bushing replacements help?

sorry

front and rear?

versus replacing both bars with thicker danzien bars?

ride quality affected?

i have an unmounted shock tower brace here. Is that a cornering help?

sorry for the questions but a lot have done these mods already.

Maybe not on a late model after 05 but some may have some info.

thanks in advance. Definite porker around the turn.

sorry daizen

Last edited by Caflashbob; 10-17-16 at 12:34 PM.
Old 10-17-16, 01:57 PM
Bon
Advanced

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts

Whatever, whatever, whatever you do: Don't put on a Daizen lower control arm #2 polyurethane bushings! I did and it cost me never ending grief. Poly anywhere else won't have such a bad effect and might make things stiffer, reduce your sway etc. But the lower control arm must be OEM IMHO. I am so happy since I went back and hope to help others avoid such agony. Good luck with your mods!
Old 10-17-16, 02:30 PM
Caflashbob
Instructor

Received 195 Likes on 154 Posts

Bon what happened? Lots of good posts about their bushings. But yours in an 06 and mine is an 08 most reports are 01-05 models as more were sold and they are older.
Old 10-17-16, 03:07 PM
Bon
Advanced

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts

I installed Daizen poly bushings early on in my ownership. I did the upper and lower control arms, sway and steering rack. I put on new tires, balanced and aligned. It never felt right at all. Various things were blamed such as sub-frame bolts being lose, bad steering rack, tie rod ends etc. I replaced them all including ball joints. Many alignments later the car was still eating tires for lunch. The car wouldn't hold an alignment and would dart all over the road at speed. Anyway, long story longer, I began going back to OEM in desperation. I left the poly steering rack bushings and sways but replaced the upper ball control arms, lower control arms and things still felt like crap. The final thing that I replaced was the Daizen poly lower control arms. They're in perfect condition so it's not about that. Just look at the lower control arm #2 bushing and compare it to the Daizen. Not even similar. Toyota uses their design for the lower control arm #2 in many, many cars including Lexus. Toyota knows something! As soon as I put in the OEM control arms it was like heaven! The tires were horribly worn from the alignment problems and were toast. I replaced them and got an alignment and poof the car drives like it should. I now enjoy every day that I drive my SC. I keep checking the tread wear thinking that I must be dreaming but they're wearing perfectly. I'm now a happy camper!