SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

why do they only sell 4wd LED spot kits?

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-16, 11:59 PM
Buggeroff6
Pit Crew

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default why do they only sell 4wd LED spot kits?

WHen I was growing up, Hella, Cibie et al were alll over the place with bummper mount fog and/or driving light "kits". I happened to be thinking lately (miracle) that using a somewhat narrowcast beam spot (20 degree?) kit would balance out the relative ineffectiveness of the HID's (cut off point too low) and pedestrian high beam bulbs. Prob. is there are few, if any LED spot kits for cars...from Ebay to PepBoys, everything says "off road", which I know protects them from FEDS/DOT whinig about xtra lights/oncoming car dazzla, yada, yada.
Why is it there are no "safe" LED kits with good looks, safe beam pattern and design not just for driving some stupid ***** up truck on the beach in Missori? Most of what I see is either shaped like a ruler or either one or two multi bulb pencil sharperners. I don't think I could fit these within the grille anyway, even more legal fun wise.
Don't talk to me about HID "kits"...I had Sylvania's system when it came out, and it broke w.iin 2 years; apparently Sylvania had problems w. these (dunno if legality or bad components) but they refunded me atlmost full retail, which I liked, but haven't seen another kit since then (except $1000 Hellas, which are also di/c'd).
Maybe if someone knows how to make a 18v Ryobi spot light work on 12v without lith batteries, I could have it underhood. More likely, it could pop up like a Flying Lady out of the hood?
Dim dreams for darkest night=pls. don't vote republican, see the light!!