SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

Concept Roadster

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-14, 08:22 PM
DarthSid
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Concept Roadster

I attended the LA Auto Show yesterday and what caught my eye was the new concept car with a beautiful gold color paint job. The color is so new Lexus doesnt even have a name for the paint color. I was informed by the Lexus spokes person there is no plans to produce this car at this time. The car doesn't have a roof, it's just a topless car.
Attached Thumbnails Concept Roadster-image.jpg  
Old 11-27-14, 08:11 AM
SlvBullet
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Looks like it was a great show. I love the new paint technology Lexus is bringing online. Has a base coat, layers od metallic silver then the final color topped off with clear coat. Even if they don't prodice the roadster color, they will be bringing new colors with this option probably for a price.

Re. The car, At some point I would expect they add a hard top but I really don't like the look of the new front and grill ... Just doesn't seem to flow right for me. The custom bumpers several members have done look so much better. The design looks like two pieces and of course it's a very personal thing but it's too much for me. A mute point though I am not in the market at this point but will be looking to change my front bumper design TDB for the Silver Bullet.
Old 11-27-14, 09:09 AM
DarthSid
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SlvBullet
Looks like it was a great show. I love the new paint technology Lexus is bringing online. Has a base coat, layers od metallic silver then the final color topped off with clear coat. Even if they don't prodice the roadster color, they will be bringing new colors with this option probably for a price.

Re. The car, At some point I would expect they add a hard top but I really don't like the look of the new front and grill ... Just doesn't seem to flow right for me. The custom bumpers several members have done look so much better. The design looks like two pieces and of course it's a very personal thing but it's too much for me. A mute point though I am not in the market at this point but will be looking to change my front bumper design TDB for the Silver Bullet.
I tried to get as much info out of the young lady at the display, but she really didn't or couldn't answer many of my questions. The interior had way too much white for my taste. I was informed most of the car industry is leaning towards the paddle shifting technology which is driven by consumer response. I also stopped by the display for the RC-F, and I must add this car was awesome. I loved the color, wheels and the lines on the car.
Attached Thumbnails Concept Roadster-rc-f_1.jpg   Concept Roadster-rc-f_2.jpg   Concept Roadster-rc-f_3.jpg   Concept Roadster-rc-f_4.jpg  
Old 11-27-14, 11:20 AM
pynky01
Pit Crew

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

This front is IMHO obnoxious..glad to see someone else on here has some objections to the front also...maybe i am too old to appreciate this ... like some of what they call music today... sorta reminds me of the Edsel...with the distinctive grill that most people thought was distasteful...and we know what happened to this car... this is Japanese hooliganism... again IMHO..
Old 11-27-14, 01:21 PM
SlvBullet
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by pynky01
This front is IMHO obnoxious..glad to see someone else on here has some objections to the front also...maybe i am too old to appreciate this ... like some of what they call music today... sorta reminds me of the Edsel...with the distinctive grill that most people thought was distasteful...and we know what happened to this car... this is Japanese hooliganism... again IMHO..
Haha you're not the only one. I dont like the new Chrysler 300 and 200 either.