SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

SC 430 BIG Bass Install with existing levinson system

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-14, 06:42 AM
BumpMaster
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default SC 430 BIG Bass Install with existing levinson system

Here are two 12" Low profile MTX installed in sc430. They must , MUST be the low profile, because that is the max. speaker for the available space. Anything else will get in the way of the retractable roof. These low profile mtx's are not cheap but produce super clean , low bass, without a enclosure and can be mounted behind the rear seats. See pics. NICE BASS !!!!!!!!!!!
Attached Thumbnails SC 430 BIG Bass Install with existing levinson system-newfbpic-007.jpg   SC 430 BIG Bass Install with existing levinson system-newfbpic-010.jpg  
Old 11-09-14, 10:03 AM
texsexlex
Racer

Received 111 Likes on 96 Posts

...thanx for the pic of this.....I'm currently running a 10in in the trunk area, but thinking about going up to a 12in & looking at options. My first thought was to cut into the rear seat wall & keep the car factory looking ( as in your pic), but may end up doing a custom cabinet ....also I saw your post about the "bass shakers", so why use those if the MTX produce big bass?
Old 11-10-14, 06:40 AM
BumpMaster
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The Bass Shakers are much easier ! , literally no cutting or measuring. You just strap or screw em' in. The actual Bass speakers is a project. Cut , measure, cut, make sure roof has clearance of magnet etc. Plus speakers Blow eventually depending on how hard you hit em', Tactile transducers don't. However, for the REAL base sound and vibration nothing beats the real thing. But as a quick install that is very close to the real thing, Bass shakers are great.
Old 11-10-14, 10:54 PM
texsexlex
Racer

Received 111 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by BumpMaster
The Bass Shakers are much easier ! , literally no cutting or measuring. You just strap or screw em' in. The actual Bass speakers is a project. Cut , measure, cut, make sure roof has clearance of magnet etc. Plus speakers Blow eventually depending on how hard you hit em', Tactile transducers don't. However, for the REAL base sound and vibration nothing beats the real thing. But as a quick install that is very close to the real thing, Bass shakers are great.
...I was just wondering since it seems that you're adding both. I personally like the "real thing", although I have no experience with the "bass shakers". Where are they available ? I might like to listen to them, even though I'll probably go the old fashion way...lol
Old 11-19-14, 06:00 PM
03LeXsC430
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I also going with extra bass but not that route, fiberglass enclosure in the trunk where senseless tool kit is. Old school Rockford Fosgate 1000.1db and (1)-(12") memphis 15-cm12d2 sub, just started this project but going to post pics as I go. I got my idea from pic1 and if anything I can always remove the enclosure, didn't want to cut in to the back seat metal. Btw how did those mtx sound? Going through the back seat.