SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

Aftyer many upgrades VSC engages at low speed cornering

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-12, 10:36 AM
Matthias
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aftyer many upgrades VSC engages at low speed cornering

Since I bought the SC430 new in 2001 I always wanted to have some up-grades done. Finally I came to getting it done. Things I have changed are: swapped the radio to a nice Pioneer with the help of the beatsonic. Changed the 6x9 speakers in the door for nice Cantus, which was a great improvement! Added the Apexi throttle control, what a difference in the feel. All these I have done my self. In addition I had new slotted and drilled rotors, brake pads and s/s brake lines from stop-tech installed. At the same time I had new brake-caliper covers with the Lexus logo put on. A nice Megan cat-back exhaust was also installed as were the bushings for the steering exchanged, too. And naturally the suspension had to go to. I had decided on a Tein set-up with EDF. I can say, it is a different car now.

But also in one negative way: not all the time but quite often the VSC engages at slow speeds. Especially if you come to a turn as in entering a street, slow down, come to a stop and accelerate than out of as into traffic, but with a normal acceleration. I had the car at service and the shop was able to replicate the problem. They have done the zero calibration with no success. they checked the codes and found no error codes in the memory of any sensor. They even said that they drove the car with a scanner to see if there was a difference between the speed read-out of the sensor and the actual speed and they found no difference. Does anyone have another idea what do do?