SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

SC430 taillights tint, caliper paint, and intake NEW MEMBER!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-11, 08:25 AM
redliner8
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by husker741
weapon-r intake or injen? also, Liquid SC, do these look like the right ones? http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/24-Re...#ht_3844wt_941
quantity of 2 or 1? and one more thing... straight or curved calipers. thank you for being patient. I'm so glad i joined this site. you guys have all the answers!
Most people here have the Injen. Although Weapon-R works too, I've seen a couple people here with that installed.

The curved caliper decals look much better than straight (since the SC calipers are curved). Can you see the calipers with the rims you have? It's hard to see in the picture. If you can't see them, there's really no use in painting/decaling them, unless you buy different rims.
Old 08-29-11, 09:01 PM
husker741
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i decided against the calipers because of that fact redliner8. thank you for making me realize that. and I'm also putting off the intake for now. I'm a college student. i need food but i did get my red tint in the mail today for my taillights, so i will post pictures when installed! thanks for everyone's help in deciding what to do.
Old 10-12-11, 10:18 AM
VegasSC430
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did the tint ever get installed? I'm thinking of tinting mine as well, at least until I can find a set of '06+ tails for a price that doesn't get me kicked out of the house. Anyone else done this? I would love to see pictures of both the red and smoke if anyone has them. I have the millenium silver paint and need to figure out which color to go with. Thanks!
Old 10-12-11, 10:28 AM
Yes

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by VegasSC430
Did the tint ever get installed? I'm thinking of tinting mine as well, at least until I can find a set of '06+ tails for a price that doesn't get me kicked out of the house. Anyone else done this? I would love to see pictures of both the red and smoke if anyone has them. I have the millenium silver paint and need to figure out which color to go with. Thanks!
I would go with red. It's a darker, richer shade of red than the stock taillights. And it completely covers the amber. With smoke, the amber still shows through. With smoke, you also run the risk of getting a ticket. It's illegal to tint your taillights, but it's more or less impossible for cops to tell you tinted them with red.

Old 10-12-11, 11:05 AM
husker741
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Liquid SC
I would go with red. It's a darker, richer shade of red than the stock taillights. And it completely covers the amber. With smoke, the amber still shows through. With smoke, you also run the risk of getting a ticket. It's illegal to tint your taillights, but it's more or less impossible for cops to tell you tinted them with red.

I haven't uploaded any pics yet, but i will. Liquid SC was the one that convinced me to tint them red, and i couldn't be happier. Aside from the 06+ tail lights, these make the car look so much newer and more modern. And its very cheap. I wanna say i paid like 20 bucks for them, and had some tint pros at lexus install them. On my indigo ink, they look fantastic, and on Liquid SC's silver, it looks great too. For the money, just tint it red. Its more unique because more people have the 06+ tail lights, or they haven't even tinted their 02-05. I was thinking to smoke them, but the red looks so much classier. thanks Liquid!
Old 10-12-11, 09:24 PM
scdroptop

Received 47 Likes on 22 Posts

Great gift! Congrats and welcome!!! Love the color combo and the wheels. Very very nice!!! Please take a minute to check out the sticky threads at the top and use the new and improved search feature plenty before you ask...you will find not only years of painstaking research by the experts (or so called hehe) but also many different opinions and options for each problem/mod. For instance the tail light question.

Your wheels look great! Wouldn't change a thing...maybe spacers if you want them to be flush, but great looking car...cherish it and don't be like those other kids that are "spoiled" and take it for granted.
Old 10-12-11, 09:55 PM
husker741
Pole Position

Originally Posted by scdroptop
Great gift! Congrats and welcome!!! Love the color combo and the wheels. Very very nice!!! Please take a minute to check out the sticky threads at the top and use the new and improved search feature plenty before you ask...you will find not only years of painstaking research by the experts (or so called hehe) but also many different opinions and options for each problem/mod. For instance the tail light question.

Your wheels look great! Wouldn't change a thing...maybe spacers if you want them to be flush, but great looking car...cherish it and don't be like those other kids that are "spoiled" and take it for granted.
scdroptop, those pics are of Liquid SC's car, not VegasSC430. But I agree, Liquid's SC's car is a looker. I hope you aren't referring to me as one of those "spoiled kids"
Old 10-13-11, 03:39 PM
VegasSC430
Rookie

Thanks for the feedback and picture Liquid. The tails look great on your ride so I'm going to go with red. I hope it's the first of many mods to my stock SC.
Old 10-13-11, 06:23 PM
mandyfig

Received 408 Likes on 359 Posts

Nice shot, love it. Sweet looking SC!
Old 10-15-11, 09:48 AM
Yes

No problem, Vegas. I used to live there, btw and had a little bit of a hassle finding someone to install the tint at a reasonable price. Some places refused to do it at all since technically it's illegal. Others wanted like $60-$70. Finally I found a guy at a place called Desert Custom Window Tinting. He did a great job and only charged $30. I'd recommend that over doing it yourself unless you have experience tinting windows. It looked like a huge pain in the *** getting all the bubbles out.

Thanks, Mandy. I'm almost done modding. Have a full body kit on the way. Will have a new look for 2012
Old 10-15-11, 12:47 PM
scdroptop

Originally Posted by husker741
scdroptop, those pics are of Liquid SC's car, not VegasSC430. But I agree, Liquid's SC's car is a looker. I hope you aren't referring to me as one of those "spoiled kids"
Husker, I know...I was commenting on the OP's car...graduation gift and how I wouldn't change a thing right now-they all look great!
Old 10-15-11, 01:10 PM
husker741
Pole Position

Originally Posted by scdroptop
Husker, I know...I was commenting on the OP's car...graduation gift and how I wouldn't change a thing right now-they all look great!
Ohhh my bad! But thank you for the compliment! I couldn't be happier with my car.
Old 10-15-11, 01:12 PM
scdroptop

Keep that Ecru leather clean! It's a beast I know...my 02 red/ecru was awesome but it had several leather touch up sessions over the four years I owned it!
Old 10-17-11, 09:46 AM
VegasSC430
Rookie

No problem, Vegas. I used to live there, btw and had a little bit of a hassle finding someone to install the tint at a reasonable price. Some places refused to do it at all since technically it's illegal. Others wanted like $60-$70. Finally I found a guy at a place called Desert Custom Window Tinting. He did a great job and only charged $30. I'd recommend that over doing it yourself unless you have experience tinting windows. It looked like a huge pain in the *** getting all the bubbles out.

Thanks, Mandy. I'm almost done modding. Have a full body kit on the way. Will have a new look for 2012
I appreciate the info. I haven't seen anyone else from Las Vegas on here so any guidance is welcome!

Now did you order the tint kit and then have the guy do the install, or did the shop provide the tint?
Old 10-17-11, 11:01 AM
Yes

Originally Posted by VegasSC430
I appreciate the info. I haven't seen anyone else from Las Vegas on here so any guidance is welcome!

Now did you order the tint kit and then have the guy do the install, or did the shop provide the tint?
I bought it on ebay and had them install it.

On a side note, I would avoid Lexus of Las Vegas whenever possible. Their service department is extremely dishonest.

Quick Reply: SC430 taillights tint, caliper paint, and intake NEW MEMBER!!