SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

New Car for AzKaty

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-09, 03:12 PM
scdroptop

Received 47 Likes on 22 Posts

WOW! What a great turn of events! It is like family, and what better person to buy a car from than another car enthusiast. I remember talking to PHX about his new wheels and remembering how clean his car was. VERY COOL!!!

What is he getting???

Congrats!!!! Keep up posted on how the divorce goes with the dealer/pine car.

Great color on the Egyptian Sand and very rare too! Very cool in that hot PHX sun!
Old 11-15-09, 05:12 PM
PHXSC
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by scdroptop
WOW! What a great turn of events! It is like family, and what better person to buy a car from than another car enthusiast. I remember talking to PHX about his new wheels and remembering how clean his car was. VERY COOL!!!

What is he getting???

Congrats!!!! Keep up posted on how the divorce goes with the dealer/pine car.

Great color on the Egyptian Sand and very rare too! Very cool in that hot PHX sun!
Already have it...a 2006 Carrera S.
I had a hard time keeping Bob focused on the SC

Thanks for the good words for the color combo, you're absolutely right in this heat, plus she looks good in the car!

I have to say that there's some great people behind the keyboards on this site. I've learned a ton about these cars, and if you have a question, everyone tries to help. We should figure out a way to get more folks together.

And scdroptop, it was very cool to take up AZKATY's cause, but you can lay off now...
Old 11-16-09, 04:23 PM
azkaty
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Ok..here is the rest of the story..

It was a bit of a struggle to the end.

Called up the dealer..told her, ok, I want my money back and a check for what I have put in the car.

Dealer says' "we never said we would do THAT..you get your trade in back and your down payment".

Meanwhile..I am recording this conversation..which..BTW is legal in AZ.

I say.. "that is not going to work, because on your original discussion, you told me you would give me my money back..and..based on that..I have bought a new car!"

She says..well ,we would never do that ..by law..blah.blah blah.

I say. "I have found on the internet where you have bad feedback from other buyers to whom you sold a car that was in a wreck. I also have an attorney, which I do not have to pay, that will go after punitive damages, as there is now a president set..they knowingly sell cars that have been in accidents then try to say Car fax showed nothing. They are a registered body shop, and they would have seen the vin tag missing from the hood. They would have seen the tire cupping--they saw the headlight washers were not flush with the body. Etc Etc. I also went to a Mazda dealership where we know the auction car buyer. I say to him.."what do you notice about this car" , he says.. "its been hit really hard in the front."

Now, if they buy cars, they know that as well. They can not say.. Car fax showed nothing.

So I advise them that since I am in litigation, and I have all the records, and have researched their prior deals.. they will not win in court. I can..repair the car doing every repair I can find, and then make them pay me for all repairs and my time..plus look at the attorney bills they will have to pay..!

So, they said..ok , we will write you the full check for your car and what you put in it. Again, its on tape..

Remember all your folks.. DO NOT rely on Car fax.. do your homework!

Now, where can I buy a full saddle interior??!!
Old 11-16-09, 07:45 PM
Harold57
Lead Lap

Received 409 Likes on 359 Posts

That's great news Katy (and Bob)!

Congratulations and happy car hunting (again).
Old 11-16-09, 09:45 PM
scdroptop

GREAT NEWS!!!! Glad this all worked out!!!

Saddle interior-no problem--I am on it!

ebay offers:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SC430...Q5fAccessories

and

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Front...Q5fAccessories

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SEAT-...Q5fAccessories

Sewell Lexus (use "clublexus" for discount code in box when you check out) has the entire interior for you! Not cheap! Perhaps if you are serious about transforming your new baby, you could buy the seats on eBay and get the trim for doors, console through Sewell. Then get a leather shop to do the job, recondition the saddle (seats look a little dirty, but not terrible) and then sell the ecru interior on CL or eBay to someone who wants a lighter interior??? Just a thought...

http://www.sewellpartsonline.com/***...l=219&year=165

Not sure if you need all the parts, but might look funny if you don't do the door inserts, leather around the middle console, etc. BUT...might look cool if you did a blend of the saddle for just seats and left everything else???? Make it your own AZKATY Lady Chardonnay Interior! LOL

Kind of like the interior of the 2008 PB that is two toned (but don't do the seats that way). Surely the saddle front and rear entire seats in good condition and at a fair price are hard to find on eBay. I've seen ecru lots, never saddle.
Old 11-17-09, 01:47 AM
tromly
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by scdroptop
GREAT NEWS!!!! Glad this all worked out!!!

Saddle interior-no problem--I am on it!

ebay offers:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SC430...Q5fAccessories

and

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Front...Q5fAccessories

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SEAT-...Q5fAccessories

Sewell Lexus (use "clublexus" for discount code in box when you check out) has the entire interior for you! Not cheap! Perhaps if you are serious about transforming your new baby, you could buy the seats on eBay and get the trim for doors, console through Sewell. Then get a leather shop to do the job, recondition the saddle (seats look a little dirty, but not terrible) and then sell the ecru interior on CL or eBay to someone who wants a lighter interior??? Just a thought...

http://www.sewellpartsonline.com/***...l=219&year=165

Not sure if you need all the parts, but might look funny if you don't do the door inserts, leather around the middle console, etc. BUT...might look cool if you did a blend of the saddle for just seats and left everything else???? Make it your own AZKATY Lady Chardonnay Interior! LOL

Kind of like the interior of the 2008 PB that is two toned (but don't do the seats that way). Surely the saddle front and rear entire seats in good condition and at a fair price are hard to find on eBay. I've seen ecru lots, never saddle.
+1 on the blend, once saw an 04 with the ecru seats/saddle console in Grenwich, Conn. Parked in front of a 10 million McMansion, so I thought the owner had money to burn Guess it was 2007, only modified two tone I ever saw. It did look cool !
Old 11-17-09, 01:49 AM
tromly
Pole Position

Originally Posted by azkaty
It was a bit of a struggle to the end.

Called up the dealer..told her, ok, I want my money back and a check for what I have put in the car.

Dealer says' "we never said we would do THAT..you get your trade in back and your down payment".

Meanwhile..I am recording this conversation..which..BTW is legal in AZ.

I say.. "that is not going to work, because on your original discussion, you told me you would give me my money back..and..based on that..I have bought a new car!"

She says..well ,we would never do that ..by law..blah.blah blah.

I say. "I have found on the internet where you have bad feedback from other buyers to whom you sold a car that was in a wreck. I also have an attorney, which I do not have to pay, that will go after punitive damages, as there is now a president set..they knowingly sell cars that have been in accidents then try to say Car fax showed nothing. They are a registered body shop, and they would have seen the vin tag missing from the hood. They would have seen the tire cupping--they saw the headlight washers were not flush with the body. Etc Etc. I also went to a Mazda dealership where we know the auction car buyer. I say to him.."what do you notice about this car" , he says.. "its been hit really hard in the front."

Now, if they buy cars, they know that as well. They can not say.. Car fax showed nothing.

So I advise them that since I am in litigation, and I have all the records, and have researched their prior deals.. they will not win in court. I can..repair the car doing every repair I can find, and then make them pay me for all repairs and my time..plus look at the attorney bills they will have to pay..!

So, they said..ok , we will write you the full check for your car and what you put in it. Again, its on tape..

Remember all your folks.. DO NOT rely on Car fax.. do your homework!

Now, where can I buy a full saddle interior??!!
Katy, you should be an attorney !! You didn't just hammer, you got out the SLEDGE I'm now leery of AutoCheck and Carfax
Old 11-17-09, 03:58 AM
azkaty
Lead Lap

Default And here is what my atty said!

Since I work with many files in litigation, I passed this senario to one of my atty friends.

Here is what he said. " if you can get them to buy the car back, then you should come and work for me "..they really did not owe me the money back short of going to trial..I still would have won, because of the research I had done on them.But it might have taken a year to go through the whole process.

So when I got the deal done, I called up and asked my atty friend, "ok, when do I start and how much!"

I am going to look in to the interiors you guys noted ..thanks! I really like saddle for the Lady..may be a late X-Mas present from Bob (hint-hint!)

Last edited by azkaty; 11-17-09 at 04:16 AM.
Old 11-17-09, 04:09 AM
tromly
Pole Position

Since I work with many files in litigation, I passed this senario to one of my atty friends.

Here is what he said. " if you can get them to buy the car back, then you should come and work for me "..they really did not owe me the money back short of going to trial..I still would have won, because of the research I had done on them.But it might have taken a year to go through the whole process.

So when I got the deal done, I called up and asked my atty friend, "ok, when do I start and how much!"

I am going to look in to the interiors you guys noted ..thanks! I really like saddle for the Lady..
Hey, you ever sleep?? Isn't it early in AZ ?? Dedicated CL members never turn the forum off, you think ?
Old 11-17-09, 09:06 AM
scdroptop

Greatness!!!! If you buy the eBay set, I wouldn't wait too long. You can buy the interior pieces from Sewell. I priced out the front and rear seats alone and they were like $15k on Sewell. The eBay ones are a STEAL for 1/10th the price!!!
Old 11-17-09, 04:23 PM
azkaty
Lead Lap

OMG! $15K!.

I can't believe the cost of the interior. I might also look at salvage yards..but I bet there is non around that have what I need. I agree the Ebay interior looks a little rough.

BTW..I get up early..first thing I do is check CL!

Old 11-18-09, 04:10 AM
tromly
Pole Position

OMG! $15K!.

I can't believe the cost of the interior. I might also look at salvage yards..but I bet there is non around that have what I need. I agree the Ebay interior looks a little rough.

BTW..I get up early..first thing I do is check CL!

+1, at 62, nature call, then CL, then oatmeal !! By the way, there are great 02's on Ebay for 17k/w saddle, don't even think of buying just the interior for 15K, unwise !! Good Luck in your search of salvage yards !

Last edited by tromly; 11-18-09 at 04:15 AM.
Old 11-18-09, 04:26 AM
azkaty
Lead Lap

Thumbs up It's 5:24 AM..and where are you??!!

Thanks Tromly..Early riser as well, I see!

I got a quote back from an ebay salvage seller..he said $1495 for the whole interior..so I have asked for pictures..

AZkaty
Old 11-18-09, 06:56 AM
scorpio74
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm up at 5:30 am everyday And good luck with your search AzKaty.
Old 11-18-09, 11:15 AM
scdroptop

Considering the retail cost vs the eBay cost, the price on there is reflective of condition obviously, BUT good news is that the leather is just worn, not torn and can EASILY be reconditioned by your friendly lexus interior guy.

As many have posted, there is a great sand, condition/cleaner and spray method that can be used to make our leather look new.

If I was serious and hell-bent on having saddle interior, I would personally have NO reservations in buying that eBay set, cleaning it up/reconditioning it and buying just the trim (or perhaps trying the seats first and seeing how the mix of saddle on the seats and ecru on the dash/doors looks????) from Sewell at retail minus the CL discount. I think the door trim and center console/bezel are much more affordable, and you don't need that much. Shoot, the headrests at sewell are almost $1k by themselves! And you are getting them included on the eBay deal!!!

If you are serious about saddle, I would honestly jump on the eBay deal. I doubt you will find them at a salvage yard. The pics really don't look that bad...looks soiled a little and not ripped. Remember too-you can recoup a lot of money spent on this switch by re-selling your ecru seats! All in all, you may end up only spending a few grand on this conversion versus buying new at dealer for $15k+. Just my two cents.

Quick Reply: New Car for AzKaty