SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

where I can find the wheel offset and tire fitment guide post

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-06, 02:52 AM
juguryan
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default where I can find the wheel offset and tire fitment guide post

Hi. I have seen somewhere in this forum before a wheel offset and tire fitment guide for sc430. Can you please post the link so I can get some fitment informtion thanks
Old 09-29-06, 04:46 PM
mole
Lexus Test Driver

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...=wheel+fitment
Old 09-30-06, 01:04 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

i have taken down my guideline. if anyone wants it you can pm me
Old 09-30-06, 10:20 AM
hipendicul
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I think that guide should be in the FAQ section and it would be nice if people would post pics of their wheels along with the wheel stats plus any fender modifications, etc..
Old 09-30-06, 01:40 PM
mmaloy
Driver

Most definitely! I second that.
Old 09-30-06, 04:15 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

i had that guide up for GS, IS, and SC. but apparently the GS and IS world has changed with all the vip setup and i started to get unappreciated comments and pms saying that my guide was wrong and misleading. so i took it off since to me i just want to help people and not make people unhappy

if you guys want i can put it back up just for the sc430 forum

please let me know. if i am able to help you guys i am more than happy to do so
Old 09-30-06, 10:40 PM
hipendicul
Pole Position

Originally Posted by rominl
i had that guide up for GS, IS, and SC. but apparently the GS and IS world has changed with all the vip setup and i started to get unappreciated comments and pms saying that my guide was wrong and misleading. so i took it off since to me i just want to help people and not make people unhappy

if you guys want i can put it back up just for the sc430 forum

please let me know. if i am able to help you guys i am more than happy to do so
I think the guide was a great tool but it was written in a way that was almost rating the fitments. Instead, how about a guide that just says what people have run on their cars (tires sizes also), fender modifications, any problems and lastly, some comments (like, thinking about 10mm spacers)

What i think is a good fitment is on the shallow side for my friends. But regardless, the guide is better than no guide and the endless question "so what offset do I get for this car?"
Old 10-01-06, 01:53 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by hipendicul
I think the guide was a great tool but it was written in a way that was almost rating the fitments. Instead, how about a guide that just says what people have run on their cars (tires sizes also), fender modifications, any problems and lastly, some comments (like, thinking about 10mm spacers)

What i think is a good fitment is on the shallow side for my friends. But regardless, the guide is better than no guide and the endless question "so what offset do I get for this car?"
that was my initial plan long time ago but it's proven not to work, since some people will start saying they have some ridiculous setup and "no fender mods and stuff". but the next thing you know is someone do the same and come back here and complained to ME saying why i didn't post up saying those setup don't work and they are stuck with a lot of rubbing.

i am open to ideas, and like i said i have no problem putting back up the guide.
Old 10-01-06, 09:13 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 189 Likes on 130 Posts

that was my initial plan long time ago but it's proven not to work, since some people will start saying they have some ridiculous setup and "no fender mods and stuff". but the next thing you know is someone do the same and come back here and complained to ME saying why i didn't post up saying those setup don't work and they are stuck with a lot of rubbing.

i am open to ideas, and like i said i have no problem putting back up the guide.
I think you should, just add " NOT for VIP's" maybe ?
Old 10-01-06, 12:08 PM
Dan_K
Lead Lap

If you post it up, people have to take it for what it is, information. If they try something totally ridiculous and/or complain, tough. If it works, good for them. People have to figure out it's a guide, not the Bible of wheel offset. I used it as a guide and made small adjustments from that point. I'll get off my soapbox now. Sorry.

Dan
Old 10-01-06, 03:16 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by Dan_K
If you post it up, people have to take it for what it is, information. If they try something totally ridiculous and/or complain, tough. If it works, good for them. People have to figure out it's a guide, not the Bible of wheel offset. I used it as a guide and made small adjustments from that point. I'll get off my soapbox now. Sorry.

Dan
haha no problem dan, you knnow i always respect what you say

i thought about it this morning as well. i have put back up the link to the guide. so use it however you like, guys.

and if someone wants to start a thread and ask people to post up their setup, tires, and what needs to be done to get it to fit, feel free