SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

excess heat from floor board and vents

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-06, 04:18 PM
jc2659
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question excess heat from floor board and vents

Hello everyone. I'm new to the forum but I've been watching from the sidelines since my CPO SC430 purchase last year. Has anyone experienced excess heat coming from the driver side floor board area? I have brought it to Lexus two times, and although they sort of acknowledged the heat, they claim it's nothing unusual. The heat come on 2 out of 3 times that I drive the car and comes from the driver floorboard and the vents. I've tried every setting possible on the climate control and it does it whether the outside temperature is warm or cold. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Old 01-09-06, 05:45 PM
Pearlpower
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by jc2659
Hello everyone. I'm new to the forum but I've been watching from the sidelines since my CPO SC430 purchase last year. Has anyone experienced excess heat coming from the driver side floor board area? I have brought it to Lexus two times, and although they sort of acknowledged the heat, they claim it's nothing unusual. The heat come on 2 out of 3 times that I drive the car and comes from the driver floorboard and the vents. I've tried every setting possible on the climate control and it does it whether the outside temperature is warm or cold. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Welcome aboard.

I noticed this in my SC as well as almost most of my other cars. If I leave the heat settings on high or close to it then I will still feel the heat as the heater valve is left open and some heat will enter the cabin even with the fans off. Once I lower the temp I no longer feel the heat with the fans/climate controls off.

It is not excessive but I can feel it. Not so much when the recirculate option is on. Turning it off and bringing in fresh air from the outside is similar to leaving the fan on so heat will certainly come out of the vents.

Past all of that there is always the option that the temp control valve is stuck or malfunctioning and staying on but then the a/c would not be as effective.
Old 01-09-06, 08:18 PM
jc2659
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the info Pearlpower. I am going to take it back to the dealer and have them check if the temp control valve is stuck or malfunctioning. At least i'll have something to use. Thanks again.