Search this Thread

Old 12-08-13, 04:32 PM
Anion
Pole Position

Received 33 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Small Updates On My Oynx Black Sc430

Pretty sure some have seen my car posted on other threads but

just a small update..

1.) Rims 20x10.5 +0 R 20x9.5 +0 F Work Varianza T1S MSP Finish...
2.) Trunk LEDs 5k
3.) Fog Light Hids 5k
4.) Custom FiberGlass 8 Inch Sub... (got Lazy waiting until summer to finish the rest..) lol!!

Im slowly piecing together my Air suspension as we speak.. my goal is to have it on air and all body work done by June of 2014 ...stay tuned!!

Old 12-08-13, 05:10 PM
SC0TT
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Awesome setup! I'm digging the sub enclosure. How much did it cost for the enclosure?
Old 12-08-13, 05:18 PM
Anion
Pole Position

i would say Roughly 100... but as you make more its cheaper ... because i still have left over material...

im planning to make another one...and a custom box where the stock sub is...out of the 100 its mainly the sub itself..

the carpet on the sub is temporary...im planning to buy one of the trunk mat and cut it to custom fit and match the sub box with the OEM carpet
Old 12-09-13, 01:32 AM
tromly
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Texas has some fine looking SC's, congrats bro, great job!
Old 12-09-13, 10:31 PM
SC0TT
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Anion
i would say Roughly 100... but as you make more its cheaper ... because i still have left over material...

im planning to make another one...and a custom box where the stock sub is...out of the 100 its mainly the sub itself..

the carpet on the sub is temporary...im planning to buy one of the trunk mat and cut it to custom fit and match the sub box with the OEM carpet
Nice man! I'll be planning to learn fiberclass enclosure making soon. Any chance when you make the 2nd sub enclosure, you'll do a video tutorial?
Old 12-10-13, 07:42 AM
tfischer

Received 195 Likes on 147 Posts

I used to carry one of those X shaped lug wrenches, because, as we all know, the short little lug wrenches are not long enough. Some time ago, a plumber friend suggested I use what plumbers call a "cheater." This is an iron pipe with a sufficient inside diameter that it will slip over the handle of the lug wrench supplied by the manufacturer. These are easily obtained at any hardware store for a few dollars. You want about 24" or so, and the advantages are that you get even more torque than the crossbar wrench provides and it stores in the trunk in a very small space. I always get one for my cars, and just carry the wrench into the store to be sure the pipe will slide over the handle.
This tip is provided to members of the forum free of charge and with Christmas Greetings, along with the hope that you don't have to use it too often.
Old 12-10-13, 08:56 AM
loveslexus
The Dog Whisperer

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Your wheels don't appear to fit.
Old 12-11-13, 07:53 PM
Anion
Pole Position

Originally Posted by SC0TT
Nice man! I'll be planning to learn fiberclass enclosure making soon. Any chance when you make the 2nd sub enclosure, you'll do a video tutorial?
i will maybe pictures but not video...i cant hold it and work on it at the same time

Originally Posted by tfischer
I used to carry one of those X shaped lug wrenches, because, as we all know, the short little lug wrenches are not long enough. Some time ago, a plumber friend suggested I use what plumbers call a "cheater." This is an iron pipe with a sufficient inside diameter that it will slip over the handle of the lug wrench supplied by the manufacturer. These are easily obtained at any hardware store for a few dollars. You want about 24" or so, and the advantages are that you get even more torque than the crossbar wrench provides and it stores in the trunk in a very small space. I always get one for my cars, and just carry the wrench into the store to be sure the pipe will slide over the handle.
This tip is provided to members of the forum free of charge and with Christmas Greetings, along with the hope that you don't have to use it too often.
i had this Cross Bar ever since my first car i ever owned back in 2005. its beenw ith me ever since. i've own about 10 different cars already

Originally Posted by loveslexus
Your wheels don't appear to fit.
ill make them fit after my air suspension and custom body work...so at the mean time it will sit like this on stock height for awhile..
Old 12-12-13, 09:55 AM
tuterz
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by tfischer
It also comes in handy when you get into a street fight..
Old 12-18-13, 07:05 PM
Anion
Pole Position

Originally Posted by tuterz
It also comes in handy when you get into a street fight..

This is why i have my Glock 22 Gen 3...

i wont instigate a fight...ill ignore it until i consider self defense lol...