SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

What's your 0-60? Be honest :-)

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-13, 12:04 PM
ShawnOk
Pole Position

Received 89 Likes on 76 Posts

Bacardi, as I said, I would appreciate any hard proof to any claim; be it faster or slower. I'm just saying hard evidence puts all questions to an end. I can say I ran 0-60 in 5.0 sec with stock. Would you believe me? Would you want me provide some type of evidence to that claim? On the other end of the spectrum, if I said I ran it in 6.2, someone could just say I'm a bad driver or left the VSC on, or any number of other excuses. There's more variables at play and the argument becomes irrelevant. So evidence and standard conditions are the crucial points here. At this moment, I will retract my statement that the SC430's can't make it in 5.8 since one owner of all the SC430s owners on this site has hit 5.8, and another has run a 14.6 (which is not the 14.2 equal of the 5.8 0-60.) Even though I'm sure with an empty tank of gas, he would have pulled it. (No offense SlvBullet) As I said before, we will just have to see what the result is as more owners post their times. I've contacted my local speedway to schedule my runs and timing through the OBDII, also. I plan to run it with the a near empty tank, ETC on Power, the VSC off, and without power braking off the line. Those will be my standard conditions. I will report back with graph and statistical analysis as provided by the track.

Last edited by ShawnOk; 06-24-13 at 01:18 PM.
Old 06-24-13, 01:08 PM
SlvBullet
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Great - as I said track times and/or g-force logs are the only numbers worth reporting. Yep - I heard about going with a near empty tank after my runs ... Seems like a duhhhh moment now ...

Surely the manufacture's 0-60 times are backed with logging data from their tests ... So potential customers can simply have another metric to compare with.
Old 06-24-13, 01:17 PM
ShawnOk
Pole Position

Originally Posted by SlvBullet
Great - as I said track times and/or g-force logs are the only numbers worth reporting. Yep - I heard about going with a near empty tank after my runs ... Seems like a duhhhh moment now ...

Surely the manufacture's 0-60 times are backed with logging data from their tests ... So potential customers can simply have another metric to compare with.
I totally agree, but I mean we can't really quantify how Lexus, Motor Trend, Car & Driver, and all the other links I posted previously, ran their cars. With the VSC off or on? ETC power, normal, or snow? I mean there are just a lot of variables. I would love if my car ran at 5.8 or even faster, but from my normal aggressive driving style (albeit with the ETC on norm, VSC on, etc), I don't feel I can make it 5.8. I hope to be wrong. BUT, if I ran it with those options set for speed, it might be very well possible. As stated by Sroka, running with the VSC engaged will not clear better than 6.5, which may be the explanation for some of the cited websites numbers, as well as my personal experience. I will give the track info with all the different variables on and off... just like a science experiment. And then provide the hard evidence and data.
Old 06-24-13, 04:20 PM
MDames2
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This thread is a road to nowhere. And you won't know your 0 - 60 time when you get there
Old 06-24-13, 05:46 PM
bacardi11
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

shawn
you seem to be the kind of guy if a guy with a g-force in his car tells you 0-60 in 5.8 and you can't believe him. do you know what a g-force is, look it up i'm sure you don't?
MD is right road to no were. because you feel your car can't how do you know by feel. so why try with you, you have one road no were. I don't feel it so can't be done. great answer.
Old 06-24-13, 06:39 PM
ShawnOk
Pole Position

I'm done with this off-topic conversation. It's so hard to justify a point with no evidence and especially when the other party just makes illogical claims and personal attacks, such as whether I know what a G-force is or not or whether I believe someone elses' claims. Totally irrelevant and illogical. Like I said, I guess we can just agree to disagree. I'll change my view with EVIDENCE, but at this point this conversation as MDames put it, "is a road to nowhere." Until then I will focus my attention on other parts of this forum. Thank you for the banter in the mean time. Good luck to everyone.

Last edited by ShawnOk; 06-24-13 at 06:48 PM.
Old 06-25-13, 06:49 AM
tfischer

Received 195 Likes on 147 Posts

I'm with Shawn - and I'm a big fan of EVIDENCE.
Attached Thumbnails What's your 0-60? Be honest :-)-iphone-photos-misc-679.jpg  
Old 06-25-13, 11:00 AM
SlvBullet
Lexus Test Driver

Surely everyone agrees with that. I would think that the Truth in Advertising Law forces manufacturers to back up their claims ... Magazine reviews perhaps not. I got a rebate some years ago from a class action suit where Hyundai advertised a HP rating then ended up being wrong. Know the source and judge if you buy it or not.
Old 06-25-13, 11:01 AM
SlvBullet
Lexus Test Driver

Very Nice 1st edition by the way!
Old 06-25-13, 11:55 AM
tfischer

Received 195 Likes on 147 Posts

I picked that car up in April of 2001, and it's been nothing but fun ever since. The only change I made was dumping the pie plates when they became available.
Old 06-25-13, 04:18 PM
bacardi11
Lexus Test Driver

shawn
nice to see your going to see what your car will do at the track. slvbullet did 14.6 first time but I'm sure he can bet that his next time out less fuel in tank, traction control off. if you do a 14.2 your on the money but you don't know unless you try. first time is a bummer. 1/8 tank or less weight, traction control off and I would power brake just 02 cent try both ways. I say good luck to you. you may like it. when you do something to your car. you will know it works or not. you can tell by the track times. in my track day we always keep 5 gals in can just incase. again good luck.

Last edited by bacardi11; 06-25-13 at 06:18 PM.
Old 07-05-13, 04:11 AM
tromly
Pole Position

Originally Posted by tfischer
I picked that car up in April of 2001, and it's been nothing but fun ever since. The only change I made was dumping the pie plates when they became available.
What a beautiful specimen ! One of the hand made models, you are so lucky!
Old 07-05-13, 04:31 AM
bacardi11
Lexus Test Driver

just ordered the g-force from g-tech 199.95 shipped not a bad price. now I just have to get my car back from the shop. this is what happens when it all done free, favor being returned. shop work first.
shawn: how did you do at the track?

Last edited by bacardi11; 07-05-13 at 05:32 AM.
Old 07-05-13, 08:35 AM
ShawnOk
Pole Position

The track hasn't called me back yet. They said they are very busy with 4th of July Races. If they don't get back to me soon enough, I'm heading up to Chicago soon and can probably find a few places there, too.
Old 07-05-13, 08:50 AM
bacardi11
Lexus Test Driver

hi shawn
you just go to the drag strip and run your car. 1/8 or 1/4 on weekdays and weekends must have a drag strip near you have some good drag strips in OK. I ran 2 times at Tulsa Raceway Park with my Vett. nice track.

Last edited by bacardi11; 07-05-13 at 09:35 AM.

Quick Reply: What's your 0-60? Be honest :-)