Rear Head Rest

Old 05-29-13, 08:44 AM   #16
ShawnOk
Lead Lap
Trader Score: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex818 View Post
When you're ready to sell remind us to avoid purchasing your car
Hahahaha.. Touche! Good point! I'm going to get in there today and find that darn nut... like a squirrel on a mission.
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!
ShawnOk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-13, 09:02 AM   #17
mandyfig

You guys can be mean LOL!
Old 05-29-13, 09:03 AM   #18
mandyfig

And yes, how many times have you done something like this and you really want to bang your head on the wall...been there done that!
Old 06-02-13, 03:26 PM   #19
Moondog
Rookie

Default Finished Product

After reading all the reply's, and forward post by some...all I can say is thank you! I really, really appreciate it. I decided to fix the problem with black 100 mile an hour tape...being an old soldier, 100 mile an hour tape fixes everything :-) I lined the white part with the tape and put the cover back on. It would not stretch...or I couldn't get it to stretch. I was very relieved to see that is was a common problem in 2002 SC's. Someone said on one of the forwarded blogs that no one would notice "but you." I suspect that is right...so, eventually, I will take it to an upholstery guy and pay the money. I post some pictures...you can see at the beginning to before....these are after.
Attached Images

Moondog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-13, 03:43 PM   #20
mrblister
Lexus Champion

A professional upholstery shop would have no problem steaming the leather in order to re-stretch back in place or at the very least they could sew a small strip of leather to what you had then roll it around the edge. The tape you used would no doubt work but if your not happy with try my suggestion.
2005 SC430 Pebble Beach nav tool back up camera vias sirius radio daizen front & rear anti sway greaseable zerks blitz throttle controler windscreen deflector 8 disk dvd trunk changer dvd/tv tuner in glove box r1 slotted & drilled rotors,axis pads 20 " donz genovese staggered toyo t1 proxies toms tower strut bar cnc aluminum frame stiffiner plates lux link remote start remote top 1/4 window mod phone hack & beat sonic nav overide lots of led bulbs lexus logo door projectors 2004 GX470
mrblister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-13, 08:52 PM   #21
Alex818
Driver

Last night actually. I bought some blue parking bulbs for the headlights i thought id give it a try. Squeezed through the fender, got the originals out, put the blues on. Looked bad. Decided to take it off. As I was trying to pull the bulb out, it fell inside the headlight. Now just standing in front of the car you'll see a light bulb falled inside the headlight

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandyfig View Post
And yes, how many times have you done something like this and you really want to bang your head on the wall...been there done that!
Alex818 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-13, 01:15 PM   #22
WIL44
Lead Lap

WILLSY44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex818 View Post
Last night actually. I bought some blue parking bulbs for the headlights i thought id give it a try. Squeezed through the fender, got the originals out, put the blues on. Looked bad. Decided to take it off. As I was trying to pull the bulb out, it fell inside the headlight. Now just standing in front of the car you'll see a light bulb falled inside the headlight
Did that when I was fitting my LED parking light too Alex, had to take the bumper off to get the headlight off to get it out. I did put a warning on my post when I did it because it is such a pitta to get it out again. I feel you pain,

Cheers
Steve
Old 06-03-13, 01:15 PM

Tags
2002, head, lexus, rear, rest, sc430