Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Lexus Logo Puddle Lights & Door Speaker DIY

Old 04-21-13, 05:32 PM   #16
mrblister
Lexus Champion
Trader Score: (0)

Mandyfig

Does trunk projector turn off after 2 minute's like the door ones.
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!
2005 SC430 Pebble Beach nav tool back up camera vias sirius radio daizen front & rear anti sway greaseable zerks blitz throttle controler windscreen deflector 8 disk dvd trunk changer dvd/tv tuner in glove box r1 slotted & drilled rotors,axis pads 20 " donz genovese staggered toyo t1 proxies toms tower strut bar cnc aluminum frame stiffiner plates lux link remote start remote top 1/4 window mod phone hack & beat sonic nav overide lots of led bulbs lexus logo door projectors 2004 GX470
mrblister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-13, 07:13 PM   #17
mandyfig

mrblister,

Yes they do.

A feature I like.

You installed the puddle away from the courtesy light, how's the puddle light with the courtesy on? Can you still see it good? in my case I removed the LED bulb for now.

Last edited by mandyfig; 04-21-13 at 07:17 PM..
mandyfig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-13, 08:15 PM   #18
mrblister
Lexus Champion

The puddle light is not affected by the courtesy light. The projector logo shows up good when its dark. In full day light
its really very hard to see. I will take some pics. I rent a garage away from my house. I will get over to take pictures
2005 SC430 Pebble Beach nav tool back up camera vias sirius radio daizen front & rear anti sway greaseable zerks blitz throttle controler windscreen deflector 8 disk dvd trunk changer dvd/tv tuner in glove box r1 slotted & drilled rotors,axis pads 20 " donz genovese staggered toyo t1 proxies toms tower strut bar cnc aluminum frame stiffiner plates lux link remote start remote top 1/4 window mod phone hack & beat sonic nav overide lots of led bulbs lexus logo door projectors 2004 GX470
Old 04-22-13, 05:45 AM   #19
mandyfig

When I see your pictures, I may decide to move it like yours.

I was comflicted on having the courtesy light on with the puddle, with the puddle light being "pudlled" by the other light. Hence my request to see the 2 in operation duirng night time. It will be easy to re-locate sinec I only have to swing out the panel this time. I really like your location, smack in the middle of 2 ribs.

Waiting on your pics, no worries on when...considering your garage is a mile away. Thanks.
Old 04-22-13, 09:15 AM   #20
mrblister
Lexus Champion

Default Puddle

Mandyfig

I went and took pictures. Were taken in the garage with no added light just what was coming in with door open. The projector light should not really be influenced by your door courtesy lights because the projector magnifies an image and projects it on the ground. I had ordered a pair in blue but they had shipped me white instead and then they sent me the blue film disks to change out, After I changed them I found the blue were out of focus and they were not bright like the white ones. When I had swapped out the white film discs for the blue ones I must of gotten one of the lens in wrong. I e mailed them and they sent me 2 new projector assemblies with the white re-installed. They told me that the blue ones are not as bright as the white ones so I stayed with the white ones. I tried to take 5 representative pictures for you. If you decide to move them you can insert a rubber grommet in the hold you drilled in your panel and infact could paint the grommet to match your interior.i measured the diameter of the image on the ground and its approx. 20 " I did most of the pics on a white towel and one on a red rug background. Hope these help you . if you want a different angle let me know
Attached Images

Old 04-22-13, 09:45 AM   #21
mandyfig

mrblister,

Thank you very much for the pics. Now I know what I want to do. I will eventually move it out to the same location and will just plug the hole which is not really visible.

Thanks again, really appreciate it.

If I do this change, I will add a switch so then I would enjoy the 2 options. 1) Puddle On/Courtesy Off (my version) and 2) Courtesy ON/Puddle ON (your version).

In the meantime, I will take pics of my set up with the courtesy lights and puddle on and will post pics.
Old 04-23-13, 09:03 PM   #22
SlvBullet
Lead Lap
Trader Score: (5)

As usual great write up Mandy!

The rear puddle light is awesome.
'04 SC430 - Millennium silver/blk. JDM emblems. Blacked out grill & vents. 50% tint. BFI intake, K&N air filter. LED's. VIP front lip. 12.1 Nav. Parrot CK3000 Bluetooth, Cusco STB, Carbing cooling plate, Megan LP coilovers, Daizen bushings, TRD aluminum pedals, front & rear sway bars. JDM rear wind block. Forgestar 19" F14 8.5"+32F, 10"+36R. Clearcorner markers. B&M Trans cooler, Dr. Gas+/MachV exhaust, '06+ taillights; PPE headers; TRD dr stabilizers; Stop Tech Fr BBK; shift ****.
SlvBullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-13, 06:27 AM   #23
bacardi11
Lead Lap
Trader Score: (1)

well done, looks great.
bacardi11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-13, 07:58 AM   #24
mandyfig

Looking back and after lessons learned here’s my recommendation (Bon’s strategy is the best way):

1.For the rear puddle light, it is best to bore from under.
2.Poke a hole in the center of the rubber seal.
3.Use this starter hole to aim your drill.
4.Make sure you keep it straight.
5.Go bore the hole all the way until the hole is through the plastic tray.
6.This process will not require you to dismantle the panel and the tray.
7.As far as wiring, you can snake it like Bon. Remove the panel partially and tap. Might be challenging buy doable.

Lastly avoid doing what I did, I came from the top and y doing it, ended up destroying the tray.

Good luck to those of you who will venture into this DIY. I must say, it looks cool. Even the wifey is impressed, not that’s one heck of a plus!
Old 05-08-13, 08:14 PM   #25
kennylexsc
Driver

well done, you are very handman and good , i love it,
kennylexsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-13, 10:37 AM   #26
fj40ih8mud
Pole Position

Installed mine over the weekend. Really cool and easy to do with these instructions. Thanks.
fj40ih8mud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-13, 07:30 PM   #27
stopdrpnro
Driver School Candidate

anybody else done this? i like the idea of actually putting the projectors into the courtesy lights so you only drill plastic covers rather than your door panels. any thoughts on doing it that way?
stopdrpnro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-13, 06:39 AM   #28
mandyfig

Someone has done it. I elected to have both so it is completely reversible.
Old 01-05-14, 04:42 PM   #29
Moondog
Rookie

Mandy, this might be a stupid question...but where did you buy the puddle lights? Thanks Moondog...
Moondog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-14, 12:51 PM   #30
mandyfig

Fleabay...they abound. Let me know if you can not find them.
Old 01-06-14, 12:51 PM

Tags
door, lexs, lexus, light, lights, logo, projector, puddle, pudle, sc, sc430, seal, side, speaker, specs, tail