SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

replacing the interior door panel

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-12, 12:19 PM
dbreazy
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default replacing the interior door panel

Hey guys i have a question i need to ask. I have a 02 lexus sc430 and I kind of burnt the top of the interior door panel ( the top black part that has the creased faux leather that covers the speaker on the door). I'm actually trying to buy just that part and replace the burnt one. I was wondering if that part is an individual part or it's with the entire interior panel. Because if it's seperate i can buy the entire panel and just detach it from the rest of the door panel, if not ill have to buy an entire panel that matches the trim.

Thank you guys hope i get some good advice.
Old 12-05-12, 01:01 PM
mrblister
Pole Position

Received 64 Likes on 56 Posts

I think the material is actually leather. Your best bet would try an upholstery shop and see if they can help you. Depending on how large the area you burned will determin how to go about repairing. In the past when I had damaged a interior part of the door. I would install a small light fixture to cover a small area and then do the same on the other door.
Your bascially just covering the area with something that may be usefull like more light when you open the door. You could also install a small speaker cover to cover the bad part of the leather assuming it vwas small enough.
Old 12-05-12, 02:04 PM
dbreazy
Driver School Candidate

Yeah Thanks for the advice. But i already bought this leather repair kit.. and i applied it and it look pretty good but im kind of bothered when i see it still because i want it to be perfect. i might need to sand it down a bit. It's also starting to peel, maybe the product i bought isnt premium. I saw on websites like colorglow that they can fix leather in cars.

the burnt part is actually very small probably not noticable but i would like to get it fix without buying a part for it. But thats why im asking if the top part of that is removable if it is, I could just buy another panel and take that part off and attach it to my actual car. Would you know anything about this?
Old 12-05-12, 02:46 PM
srqmark
Rookie

You can take the door panel apart. Find a used door panel on Ebay. I did this since I got tired of seeing so much of the Ecru interior (and it gets dirty fast) so I purchased a couple of used black door panels and mixed the Ecru with the Black leather from the purchased door panels. I would offer to ship you one, but both door panels I purchased, the tops were not in the best shape, but I didn't need the top black pieces since mine were in great shape still.

Originally Posted by dbreazy
Yeah Thanks for the advice. But i already bought this leather repair kit.. and i applied it and it look pretty good but im kind of bothered when i see it still because i want it to be perfect. i might need to sand it down a bit. It's also starting to peel, maybe the product i bought isnt premium. I saw on websites like colorglow that they can fix leather in cars.

the burnt part is actually very small probably not noticable but i would like to get it fix without buying a part for it. But thats why im asking if the top part of that is removable if it is, I could just buy another panel and take that part off and attach it to my actual car. Would you know anything about this?
Old 12-05-12, 03:54 PM
FLYCT

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

There's both a left and right door panel listed on eBay from a 2002 SC 430 now

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2002-02-LEXU...21be34&vxp=mtr

Here's another right side door panel

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2002-2009-SC...item20b93e91a3

JR

Last edited by FLYCT; 12-05-12 at 04:04 PM.
Old 12-10-12, 08:16 AM
dbreazy
Driver School Candidate

Thanks guys. Much Appreciated. I just hate how ebay their images isnt that clear. I want to see or atleast know what condition the top panel is in. The truth is mine isnt that bad and i dont want to end up rushing my self to purchase one that is worse than mine.