SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

Rear window mod diy!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-11, 08:55 AM
irokdastar
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear window mod diy!!!

Hello everyone. So i decided to make a complete diy for the rear window mod.
i want to thank scyul for his help threw email and his diagram. and Lexiss_sc430.

Here is what you will need .

1...2 relays. here are the ones i bought

http://www.ebay.com/itm/390339161520...84.m1439.l2649

2...14 o 16 gauge wire. you will need about 40 feet.

3... Crimp-On Quick Disconnects i got about 10 . here is an example

http://www.radioshack.com/product/in...ductId=2104020

4.Insulated Spade Terminals get 30 pcs.

http://www.radioshack.com/product/in...ductId=2103309

5.Switch . make sure its a mom on/off/on . here is an example.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/_W0QQ...KQ3aMEWNXQ3aIT

6. female quickk disconnects for the switch. you will need 3.

7. tools you will need are . crimps-wire splicer , flat head screw driver , electric tape , wrench set and flash light.

--------------------------------------------------

Before you start remember i am not responsible for your car. i did this and it worked i can not guaranty your work for you. Plese take your time and do it correctly or you will fry your computer.

lets begin.

1.For the relay i am including a diagram picture of how to wire it all together. its easy just fallow the directions. for the leads to the window motor and computer i used the insluated quick disconnects ( number 3 on my list ). i also used it for the postive ,negative and all 3 wires running to the switch . makes it easier to disconnect it later.

2.Go out to your car and drop the top.look behind the rear head rest you will see a spot to put your hand under and pop open the cover.

3.once you removed them remove the 4 bolts that hold the rear screen.

4. pop off the plastic over behind it the screen and you will see another set of bolts. take them off. and the headrest should pop off. keep it in a safte place along with the plastics.

5. put you hand under the rear seat and pop them up. they pop off quickly. move them somewhere safe.

6.under the rear headrest you took off you will see 1 bolt on each side of the seat. you will have 2 on the top and 2 on the bottom. take them off and the rear back support comes off.

7. on the driver side in the rear seat you will see a big black wire loom coming in for the trunk. the rubber grommet around it comes off and you can reapply it later. pull it out a little so you can run lines to the front of the car.

8.put the top back up .open the trunk.then discoonet battery negative terminal.in the trunk were the dvd navigation is there should be white plastic screws. take a flat head and pop them up. there will be 3 under the retracable cover so dont miss those. i went the easy way and just took off those screws and pulled it forward then i used painters tape to hold it to the car.

9. under the cover you will see the computer . there are 5 connections a-e. A being the first one toward the front of the car. you need only D & E .
Left window is: Connector (E) pin # (7) color (Blk/Yel) and pin # (8) color Blk/Red
(make sure your certine of the color. if it says blk/red it mean black wire with red traces double check your work.)

Right window is connector (D) pin # 3 color (Yel) and pin # 1 color (Blk).

(what i did was cut the black insluation cover the wires this way i had more room. plus dont cut close to the connectors i went back as far as i could. see picture)

10. once you cuts all 4 wires for the windows look at the diagram and connect it to the right number on the relay.

11. run 4 wires to the front of the car using the gromet on the lower driver side. 3 of the wires are to the switch and 1 is positive. for the negative just run the wire to bolt that holds the computer down.

12. once you have wires ran to the front .run them toward the pass side. under the rear opening compartment . then tuck them under the pass side console. now once you get it toward the front stop were the heated seats are. pop off heated seats cover and the center console with cupholder. now push the carpet from the pass side untill there is a gap between the carpet and center console and run all 4 wires threw it.

13. i connected the positive to the cigarret lighter next to the ash tray . also make sure you use a quick disconnect here as well. now you can mount your switch werever you like. i like it to be hidden ( see pictures of were i mounted it. it took me longer to put it there but it was worth it. dremel is your friend here.

14. go the pass side kick panel and change the 15 amp fuse for the cig lighter to 30 amp. or it blow .

15. connect everything together. and double check your connections. now reinstall the battery . before you put the trunk rear seats or anything back together make sure the windows go up and down if not check everything.

16. once it works go to the trunk and put everything back together. use some double tape to hold down the relays so they dont move around. Also make sure there is no lose wiring and everything is insulated.

17. now put the top down and reassemble the rear seats. starting with the back support. check it again and you done.

18. roll the front windows down first.then the rear. when rolling the windows up the rear go up first then the front. otherwise you will tear up the window seal .
Attached Thumbnails Rear window mod diy!!!-imag0412.jpg   Rear window mod diy!!!-imag0413.jpg   Rear window mod diy!!!-imag0414.jpg   Rear window mod diy!!!-imag0415.jpg   Rear window mod diy!!!-imag0416.jpg  

Old 09-19-11, 09:00 AM
irokdastar
Pole Position

more pictures
Attached Thumbnails Rear window mod diy!!!-imag0417.jpg   Rear window mod diy!!!-imag0418.jpg   Rear window mod diy!!!-imag0419.jpg   Rear window mod diy!!!-imag0420.jpg   Rear window mod diy!!!-imag0421.jpg  

Old 09-19-11, 09:04 AM
irokdastar
Pole Position

more pics and video

http://s32.photobucket.com/albums/d5...=VIDEO0026.mp4
Attached Thumbnails Rear window mod diy!!!-imag0422.jpg   Rear window mod diy!!!-imag0423.jpg  
Old 09-19-11, 11:18 AM
irokdastar
Pole Position

window diagram
Attached Files
Old 09-19-11, 12:00 PM
scdroptop

Received 48 Likes on 22 Posts

Wow!!!! You have some skills, man! Excellent write up. Thank you
Old 09-19-11, 03:15 PM
irokdastar
Pole Position

Thanks.. hope it helps someone out.
Old 09-19-11, 03:53 PM
JerryB
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by irokdastar
Hi irok,

That is the best location I've seen for the switch. It simply cannot be accidently activated.

Now why didn't I think of that.

Jerry Baumchen
Old 09-19-11, 05:18 PM
scyul
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Great DIY! Glad it worked out for you.
Old 09-19-11, 07:17 PM
irokdastar
Pole Position

Originally Posted by JerryB
Hi irok,

That is the best location I've seen for the switch. It simply cannot be accidently activated.

Now why didn't I think of that.

anywhere is fine but i just didnt want to make a hole in my heated seats pod.
i wanted to put it between the ash tray on the right . but when i took it out i saw there was the mechanics for the cover.

Jerry Baumchen
Originally Posted by scyul
Great DIY! Glad it worked out for you.
thanks alot for your help. you doing this mod soon?
Old 09-20-11, 07:09 AM
scyul
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

thanks alot for your help. you doing this mod soon?
Did it two weeks ago.... Works like a charm!
Old 09-20-11, 07:50 PM
irokdastar
Pole Position

i love it . i passed someone with an sc today and he had the look on his face like i want that lol
Old 09-21-11, 06:22 AM
jerzylexus
Rookie

not to hijack...but what kinda of headlights/fogs are u running? lookin good
Old 09-21-11, 08:41 AM
irokdastar
Pole Position

Originally Posted by jerzylexus
not to hijack...but what kinda of headlights/fogs are u running? lookin good
Thanks! I am running 8000k hid fog and 8000k ds2 bulb for the low's
Old 09-03-14, 08:01 PM
430keeper
Driver

Sorry to be confused, but what does this mod actually do?
Old 09-03-14, 08:24 PM
416tt
Lead Lap

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by 430keeper
Sorry to be confused, but what does this mod actually do?
This mod allows you to put your rear quarter windows down with the top up which is originally not a feature .

Now where the hell was this thread when I needed it lol. I did this about a month and half ago thanks to darthsid who gave me the courage and help to attempt this. Best mod seriously! And thank you to the creators!

Last edited by 416tt; 09-03-14 at 08:28 PM.

Quick Reply: Rear window mod diy!!!