SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

SC 430 Tyre Scrub Medimotors Toyota Mallorca Spain

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-11, 12:30 PM
scratchwin
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SC 430 Tyre Scrub Medimotors Toyota Mallorca Spain

Just had my rear tyres exchanged after high internal tread wear. I had the camber laser examined and corrected. Also fitted LED daylight lights to the front air-intake.
Its important to have yearly laser tracking and camber checks, as the double suspension can make tyres wear rapidly. See picture. Despite requesting my Lexus dealer, Medimotors, Palma, Mallorca, to check the tyres, they assured me everything was okay and let me drive away at high speed on the motorway. It was only when I lost tyre pressure completely that my attention was brought to the dangerous and illegal state of the tyre.
As you can see, while looking at the tyre from the rear, the uneven tread does not look so bad...
needless to say, am happy with the car, but unhappy with the workshop. They also failed to cure a ticking noise behind the dash after a service, changed the plugs to try and cure a cold start tickover problem, and failed, they sold me a new battery when the old one still had a guarantee. They also failed to fix the air pressure warning lights and never filed in the service log book. Catastrophe. I solved the noise and the cold tickover problems myself for €20. Medimotors Palma wanted over €2000 to experiment but could offer no guarantee of success, taking out the whole dash. I cured it in 10 minutes.
Attached Thumbnails SC 430 Tyre Scrub Medimotors Toyota Mallorca Spain-img_1350.jpg   SC 430 Tyre Scrub Medimotors Toyota Mallorca Spain-img_1269.jpg   SC 430 Tyre Scrub Medimotors Toyota Mallorca Spain-img_1273.jpg   SC 430 Tyre Scrub Medimotors Toyota Mallorca Spain-img_1268.jpg  

Last edited by scratchwin; 05-12-11 at 12:37 PM. Reason: Forgot pic
Old 05-12-11, 12:46 PM
cyberlexus
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So what caused ticking noise behind the dash and how did you fix it?
Old 05-12-11, 01:20 PM
scratchwin
Driver School Candidate

Easy. It was an air lock. I parked the car on a hill and let the engine run. I removed the filler cap and squeezed the cooling system hoses, burping and purging the system. I could then add two litres (1 quart) of water. Air had accumulated behind the dash at the highest point of the system. The garage failed to fill from a raised funnel. The master Lexus technician never even asked what the problem was nor how I had solved it!
Old 05-12-11, 03:28 PM
mandyfig

Received 408 Likes on 359 Posts

scratchwin, tell us about the LED's...
Old 05-14-11, 09:12 AM
8Mile
Rookie

Hello scratchwin

Nice car, your LED`S looks interesting.

B.t.w. my car spent its first five years in malaga..

// Staffan
(8Mile)
Old 05-14-11, 02:35 PM
mandyfig

Where did this come from?
Attached Thumbnails SC 430 Tyre Scrub Medimotors Toyota Mallorca Spain-led.jpg  
Old 05-15-11, 10:01 AM
robertrios
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

yea i want them
Old 05-15-11, 01:00 PM
scdroptop

Received 47 Likes on 22 Posts

Best bolt on LED's I've seen yet (not including the body kit ones with the two lamps)...

Almost looked photoshopped in your picture they look so good!

That's crazy about your tyres! Wow
Old 05-16-11, 03:08 PM
mandyfig

LOL, I really thought they were photoshopped...!
Old 10-28-11, 11:09 AM
scratchwin
Driver School Candidate

Thumbs down LEDs Lexus SC 430

No, they are not photo-shopped. They are real. Price about €60 to buy. Fitting extra.

Here is my reply about the bad Lexus customer care at Lexus Medimotors Palma, Mallorca:

Dear Marta,

thanks for your very belated reply. I thought Lexus Spain was simply not interested in customer relations.

It appears you are not listening. You are justifying and making excuses and repeating, parrot fashion, customer-service paroles.

I am extremely angry with Lexus of Palma. I warn everyone I meet who admires my cars never to buy a new Lexus here.

My Lexus cars are both excellent, but the service from Toyota is dangerous and perhaps criminal. I now drive to Switzerland for my services.

Customers do not buy an expensive car if they cannot have it cared for locally. This is the case why Lexus sells very few cars here.
Your customers cannot recommend your service to their friends.

Also, if you make suggestions or complain, Lexus in Palma - or is it Toyota? - just do not care. They have a bureaucrat attitude, is it because no matter how badly they treat and exploit and cheat the customer, as they have me, they cannot be sacked and allow better staff to be employed - perhaps the finiquitio is too expensive.

Specifically, in answer to your remarks, I have made my replies alongside your statements, below.

Begin forwarded message:

Date: 28 October 2011 02:02:32 PM CEST
To: dxxxxxxxxxx.com
Subject: Mr. xxxxxxxxx. Lexus SC430

Dear Mr. Scratchwin,

We are writing to you with regards to your email received in our Customer Relations Department last May, informing us of the situation occurred at Lexus Palma de Mallorca with regards to your Lexus SC430 First of all, we would like to apologise for the delay in our answer and the inconveniences this could have caused you. - Your delay may cause Lexus more inconvenience, as in the meanwhile, I have spoken to many friends and told them not only is the service bad, but Lexus Spain has not even replied.

In our company we are very aware of the importance of giving an excellent post-sales service to our customers and thus we are grateful for your comments as they are the best tool we have to evaluate our work and help us improve it. - This is not to be categorised as "excellent post-sales. On the contrary, the delay is extremely bad. Nor did I get a receipt of my letter. This statement sounds like it was "cut and pasted"from some manual.

With regards to the issues you have raised in your email, we have been informed by our Authorised Dealer in Palma de Mallorca, not to have any records mentioning an incident with the state of your vehicle´s wheels. Unfortunately, we can not make any judgements about the situation you inform us about since we do not have any information to base it on . - Of course they would say that, would n´t they? Have they destroyed the records or neglected to keep them? I was so angry that I uploaded photos to Youtube about the dangerous condition of my tyres which the Master Carlos and the Jefe of the Taller, both told me was in order. You can see the pics if you Google the Taller. I tell all my friends to look at my Youtube pictures of Lexus Quality Care in Palma. This taller has always given bad customer service. They once gave me a €400 invoice for a detail clean! I had to have some roof corrosion paint-work done 3 times.

Regarding the dashboard, we have learnt from Lexus Palma de Mallorca the noise was due to the installation, outside our authorised Lexus network, of a non Lexus accessory in the dashboard. - You have been fed deliberate lies. This is totally unacceptable conduct to invent such excuses, as if I complained about a non-Lexus device which was fitted outside. After an annual service, by the Lexus master, noise appeared. No noise is coming from my iPhone holder in the dashboard. The noise came before I had an iPhone. I am so angry that they tell you such rubbish, but am not surprised. They have little technical skills and less customer relations. I consulted a professional Lexus technician in Florida who diagnosed the problem and gave me its treatment in 5 minutes. Excellent. Lexus´ Palma technician, whose diploma I must consider a falsification, did not even bother to ask me what it was. He did not wish to learn. Or show his ignorance. Even today, he does not know how to solve this simple problem.

We have also learned last February the battery was checked and the system did not indicate it was faulty and needed to be replaced. The warranty will only apply when the items show a defect attributable to a manufacturing or assembly fault. In this case, the system indicated the battery only needed to be charged but not replaced, therefore the warranty could not cover for the replacement of the battery as no fault was found. - Exactly. So why did they sell me a second Toyota battery when the first had no problem? I was cheated and fraudulenty sold a new second Toyota battery, even though the first battery was in order and still under the guarantee. No-one buys a second battery when he has a guarantee on the first battery. I have spent €400 on two Toyota batteries in one year. This customer deception and fraud is due to the commission on gross sales the technicians receive. They are fraudulently recommending and invoicing unnecessary work. My wife´s RX 300, not my SC 430, had 6 spark plugs exchanged fraudulently. We complained about a cold start problem. Unless the documents have been destroyed, you will see the large invoice we received for these 6 spark plugs to be fitted, with no improvement. We solved the problem but why should I tell you how? I have now solved two problems for less than €20 which Lexus would invoice for €2500. This customer exploitation is called "invoice building" - selling spark plugs, and batteries fraudulently and trying to sell "experiments". We complained about a noise when braking the RX 300, but Carlos sold us new discs for €600. The noise problem we had complained about was a broken clip which cost €5 in Switzerland. When we complained at the Palma Lexus official dealer that we had paid €600 and the noise was still there, they then wanted to change the whole axle. Another "experiment" hoping to solve an un-diagnosd problem, at the customers´ expense. I do not mind changing the spark plugs or discs but not when we have complained about something else. Lexus Palma does not listen to the customers complaints. No care is taken in solving the problem complained about. Nor do they care if their service does not solve the problem. Their invoicing is excellent.Lexus distrusts all their customers, as they check the car bodywork so they can disclaim and damage allegedly done in the shop. This illustrates how they think.

About your service book, Lexus Palma could update it provided the maintenance services have been carried out at their premises. In case, some services have been done outside the Lexus network, the owner should provide detailed records of those services, including dates of servicing and parts installations. - - Define "Lexus network" ? I have also been to Toyota in Inca, to Jose Antonio, and Martha, who gave an excellent service and care. They were then moved to Palma, to "Lexus" but prohibited from speaking to me or continuing to give me the same high care. Lexus put their prices up and their quality down even more. I do not know if the Lexus taller in Palma is official or not? I imagine they have stuck up a "Lexus" sign fraudulently down the side-street. I believe that Lexus and Toyota here in Mallorca is the same firm. I have been no-where else. So I do not know what is Lexus and nor does any one else. Had I known this when I bought my RX and SC cars, I would never have bought them. At least I can help stop other unsuspecting customers make my mistakes. I have now gone to Jose Antonio and Tomeu at Nissan, as they give excellent service. I have recommended Nissan to all my friends here with Lexus cars. I have heard that the alleged "Lexus" master, Carlos, has been sacked. He could not fix a simple brake noise, an engine noise, solve a cold start problem, exchange a guaranteed Toyota battery nor check tyres. Do you know if he really did train at Lexus? I hope not, if Carlos represents the standard of training. Either Lexus master training is very bad or Carlos is a fraud. His license should be revoked.

With regards to the spark plugs, we have not records of this repair in relation to the Lexus SC430. Correct. Because it was the RX 300 which had the spark plugs exchanged without solving our complaint.

We would also like to apologise for the attitude of our dealer of which we have informed the relevant departments within our company. Yes, thanks. I have received no direct apology from the drunken lady boss of the taller, nor her boyfriend, who both appeared one hour late after a long menu del dia to shout at me. She had forgotten our appointment - or did not care - and did not talk to me privately in her office, but in front of all the customers. She had not prepared anything. She repeated to me the same excuses I had heard from Carlos. So. why even bother employing her if she is a drunken parrot? Is this what " Lexus Spain" considers "customer service" and "after sales service". Would I have had a better customer service has she been sober? Was it just the alcohol? They only have to treat customers as they themselves would wish to be treated. Is that too difficult?

Once again, we are very sorry for all the inconveniences your have encountered. Our Customer Relations department is at your complete disposal for any assistance you may need in the future. -- You have not yet "assisted" me at all. In fact, I am even more angry now. I wish to be compensated for the fraudulent work carried out. Please re-imburse me for the materials and hours invoiced for the new and unnecessary 6 RX 300 spark plugs, the second SC 430 Toyota battery, the RX 300 brake discs. Also, please categorise this alleged Lexus ?? Taller as the worst taller in Spain for Lexus customer satisfaction. There is no Lexus quality here. Do you know how much money I spent on my two brand new Lexus cars? If I discover Carlos had no Lexus diploma, but was allowed to sell unsuspecting Lexus customers his services at Lexus prices, I will ask my lawyers to sue for lack of due diligence and customer fraud. I will also write to the newspapers and place an article about the taller on Youtube and in Google. I expect a full report of his training from Lexus. I will also put this e-mail on the internet if Lexus Palma does not respond adequately. You may use this letter in your training sessions. I am also sending a copy to Lexus Sales in Palma. and Club Lexus . com

Yours sincerely,

Marta Juliá
Atención al Cliente
Lexus España

TOYOTA ESPAÑA, S.L.U. may include your personal data in an electronic file in order to send profesional and/or personal communications from its employees. Should you like to exercise your acces, cancel or opposition rights, please refer it to the person that has sent the email to you.
Old 10-28-11, 11:10 AM
scratchwin
Driver School Candidate

Medimotors, Lexus Palma Mallorca

Just beware!
Old 10-28-11, 05:18 PM
mrblister
Pole Position

Received 64 Likes on 56 Posts

I called that wonderfull dealer and asked if they can alighn my sc430 die cast dub model front tires. They told me I
would have to re-paint the car to a darker color before they would do the work. They wanted 3500 euro . I am taking it in October 32 to have it serviced.