SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

So I Started On My Air Suspension

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-12, 06:01 PM
IcEnPinKi
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Steve the height sensors are only if you use the Accuair Auto Leveling system which is the air management. If you do not go that route you can always just use digital gauges that will tell you the pressure you are at. The difference is from one touch to your desired pre-set heights with the auto leveling system or just hit the switches and use gauges to determine your ride height. I gotta look back to see if i have pics on the sensors but you can check the link below for more info. Its nice to know another SC interested in the air setup. Hitting switches is addicting

Search Accuair Elevel http://accuairsuspension.com/product..._amp_tpad.html

you can have your ride laid out like this.

Originally Posted by WIL44
Hi IcEnPinki

I know this an old post, but hope to reserect it.
Have been talking with Zack at UA to get a similar system as you and wonder if you have any info/pictures of the height sensors installed on your SC.
It appears to be the most difficult part of the install and any info would help.

Thanks in advance.

Best regards

Steve
Old 01-12-12, 12:31 PM
WIL44
Instructor

Received 86 Likes on 46 Posts

Hi Ice

Thanks for your reply, seen the video's on the Accuair website from the link you posted and now I 'gotta have it'.
Zack sent me some pictures of a GS he had done and the sensors look pretty tricky to fit, but the video of the 69 Chevy Truck on the site makes it look easier (not easy though).
Reading your earlier posts, my reasons are similar to some of yours. The roads in London and particularly my area have speed bumps and cushions everywhere and I have to aviod them like the plague and I am only lowered by one and three quarter inches (would be lower if I had air).
My car is not radical like your fantastic beast (and probably never will be), but I just want to drive wherever and not worry about ripping the crossmember of the bottom of the car. Even reversing off my drive the front air deflectors ground out.
If you can find any more pictures of the suspension install (I already have loads of your car) I would greatly appreciate it and it would definitely help with my install.

Thanks again, I will post any updates.

Great pictures you posted, your car is The Best.

Best regards
Steve

Last edited by WIL44; 01-12-12 at 12:33 PM. Reason: Spelling, again