SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

So I Started On My Air Suspension

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-10, 08:10 PM
IcEnPinKi
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default So I Started On My Air Suspension

Just wanted to share my newest project...I'm gonna be running UAS..I'm about halfway there..
Attached Thumbnails So I Started On My Air Suspension-imag0439.jpg   So I Started On My Air Suspension-imag0442.jpg   So I Started On My Air Suspension-imag0453.jpg   So I Started On My Air Suspension-imag0469.jpg   So I Started On My Air Suspension-imag0471.jpg  

Old 04-20-10, 08:49 PM
IcEnPinKi
Lexus Test Driver

( dunno why i cant upload the photos/I'll try later ) Trunk has been gutted out..This is how the tank and compressors will sit in my now nonexistent trunk..power and lines still not installed but i should be up and running in a week or two.
Old 04-20-10, 09:25 PM
Peter_Klim
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Should be real swwwwwwwwwweeeeeet when you're done!

All that MDF reminds me of the amp rack I built for my IS300.
Old 04-21-10, 06:00 AM
Z3NK1
Lead Lap

Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts

Awesome! Can't wait to see it finished!
Old 04-21-10, 07:55 AM
deadeyed
Rookie

wow! nice! how much is the system cost you?
Old 04-21-10, 08:45 AM
IcEnPinKi
Lexus Test Driver

The setup costs a pretty penny.. This is what im using..UAS system, 5 gallon tank, dual 444 Viair compressor, AccuAir manifold, AccuAir e-Level Electronic Leveling System with wireless remotes..
Attached Thumbnails So I Started On My Air Suspension-imag0468.jpg   So I Started On My Air Suspension-imag0475.jpg  
Old 04-21-10, 09:41 AM
Spyder78
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Man I was having nitemare about this lol!!
Old 04-21-10, 09:46 AM
IcEnPinKi
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Spyder78
Man I was having nitemare about this lol!!
The nitemare is not over my friend..
Old 04-21-10, 09:56 AM
nkx1
Pit Crew

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Not trying to be condescending in any way, but I'm curious why you would want to do this? If you have the envious problem of having too much money, then I would think you would have done this to a newer SC430. If you don't have more money than you know what to do with, then it seems like the money could be spent wisely elsewhere.

I understand everyone has different interests, but it kind of seems like you're spending a lot of money and not getting a whole lot in return, other that being able to raise or lower your car a few inches...

Again, I'm honestly not trying to be rude; just curious... I will say that the system looks pretty cool, and it looks like it will be quite an accomplishment to install; perhaps that's why?

Last edited by nkx1; 04-21-10 at 09:59 AM.
Old 04-21-10, 10:19 AM
Z3NK1
Lead Lap

Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts

Adjustability is key. With a slammed car on coilovers, speedbumps and potholes are your worst enemy, with air, a flick of a switch saves you having to replace/repaint your front lip every year. Plus it looks cool when it's sitting on it's belly

Also you don't have to drive up on wooden blocks just to fit a jack underneath, and it's considered polite to lower a car when a lady is getting in. There are many benefits to air ride.
Old 04-21-10, 11:05 AM
IcEnPinKi
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by nkx1
Not trying to be condescending in any way, but I'm curious why you would want to do this? If you have the envious problem of having too much money, then I would think you would have done this to a newer SC430. If you don't have more money than you know what to do with, then it seems like the money could be spent wisely elsewhere.

I understand everyone has different interests, but it kind of seems like you're spending a lot of money and not getting a whole lot in return, other that being able to raise or lower your car a few inches...

Again, I'm honestly not trying to be rude; just curious... I will say that the system looks pretty cool, and it looks like it will be quite an accomplishment to install; perhaps that's why?
It's fine nkx1..everyone will have their opinions and I more than welcome it. This has nothing about having too much money (which I don't have lol) or money period. Surely my car mod list is nowhere close to some of the others. To me I'm just taking a different direction to how I want my car to look and ride.. Some may slap a set of rims on a car and call it a day..For me personally, I went this route without much research and regret alot of poor choices I've made through out the years.. Alot of time and money wasted. For me it was a matter of stance and ride height adjustability which I am trying to accomplish. Raising or lowering the car a few inches will be money well spent for my case.. Riding low especially in NYC is quite a feat. Slowing down to a almost complete stop to go over a speedbump but yet still scraping your exhaust or even backing down a whole street to avoid monsterous patches of road missing..These are some of the things I have to deal with everyday....
Old 04-21-10, 11:08 AM
IcEnPinKi
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Z3NK1
Adjustability is key. With a slammed car on coilovers, speedbumps and potholes are your worst enemy, with air, a flick of a switch saves you having to replace/repaint your front lip every year. Plus it looks cool when it's sitting on it's belly

Also you don't have to drive up on wooden blocks just to fit a jack underneath, and it's considered polite to lower a car when a lady is getting in. There are many benefits to air ride.
my thoughts exactly..
Old 04-21-10, 11:26 AM
nkx1
Pit Crew

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by IcEnPinKi
It's fine nkx1..everyone will have their opinions and I more than welcome it. This has nothing about having too much money (which I don't have lol) or money period. Surely my car mod list is nowhere close to some of the others. To me I'm just taking a different direction to how I want my car to look and ride.. Some may slap a set of rims on a car and call it a day..For me personally, I went this route without much research and regret alot of poor choices I've made through out the years.. Alot of time and money wasted. For me it was a matter of stance and ride height adjustability which I am trying to accomplish. Raising or lowering the car a few inches will be money well spent for my case.. Riding low especially in NYC is quite a feat. Slowing down to a almost complete stop to go over a speedbump but yet still scraping your exhaust or even backing down a whole street to avoid monsterous patches of road missing..These are some of the things I have to deal with everyday....
Oh, gotcha. So you're simply taking a different (albeit more expensive) approach to lowering your car that will also let you raise it in certain situations. I suppose that makes a lot of sense, since a permanently lowered car wont quite work for you. Thanks for the reply, you satisfied my curiosity! Best of luck with the install. That would be cool if you posted a video of the system in action as well.
Old 04-21-10, 11:56 AM
Peter_Klim
Lead Lap

Questions.

1. I have stock suspension. Can I simply add the bags to my car or do i need to get coilovers first?

2. How do bags change the handling/performance?
Old 04-21-10, 12:16 PM
IcEnPinKi
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Peter_Klim
Questions.

1. I have stock suspension. Can I simply add the bags to my car or do i need to get coilovers first?

2. How do bags change the handling/performance?
1. Air bags can go over stock/after market suspension or coilovers.

2. As for performance that I can't tell you. I didnt really push the car. I have driven a few cars on air suspension and it handled pretty much stock feeling or better.

Quick Reply: So I Started On My Air Suspension