SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

Are there any other ladies in this forum?

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-02, 07:06 PM
jjspirer
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The saddle leather is beautiful... no extra charge. I have it with midnight pine pearl and it's a wonderful combination. I agree with Vicky that it probably wouldn't be great with silver. I think black might be better. I haven't visited this forum that much since I got my car. I just want you all to know how much I love it. No problems at all, just so many compliments. From eighteen year olds to sixty year olds! The navigation system has been an unexpected plus... I find myself using it more and more and taking this car just because it has it. The only issue is that I'm reluctant to drive it in the rain because I want it to look perfect and am too busy to take it to be washed. Then I worry that they (the car wash) might scratch it. This is decidedly a girl's issue... men wash cars... right? I can't even stand the fingerprints on the NAV screen. Am I neurotic? I have never treated a car this way. I guess that I'm sort of in awe of it... it's kind of like puppy love at this point (less than two months). I can't get over how well the car handles and how fast it wants to go. Big difference from my ES 300 (which I drive in the rain). I'm not crazy about the run-flat tires, but they're okay for the time being. Kind of reminds me that this is not an ES 300 and that I have permission to drive it differently, which is fun. This car is all about fun and that, I believe is why we bought them! Love to everyone... Jennifer
Old 06-05-02, 07:10 AM
vicky!!!
Driver School Candidate

Hi Jennifer,
Glad you have your new car. Isn't it wonderful??? I would still love to see a pic of it if you have one. The midnight pine pearl with saddle interior sounds awesome. I have never seen that color here in East Tennessee. The egyptian sand, white, black and pine are the only colors I think would look right with the saddle interior...but, then that is quite a few colors options. If anyone else has a pic, I would appreciate a posting and notification. I don't care if your are a female or not, either way, boy or girl.
Thanks
Vicky

Last edited by vicky!!!; 06-05-02 at 07:11 AM.
Old 06-05-02, 07:53 AM
Hexum
Driver School Candidate

Smile Saddle leather

Hey Toog,

No, the Saddle leather does not add to the price. I just don't particularly like the ecru leather (reminds me of a Bentley -- definitely not an SC) and don't particularly like the black leather (gets too hot on my bum in the summer).

Best,

Hex
Old 06-05-02, 10:19 AM
jjspirer
Driver School Candidate

Hi Vicky,
Thanks for your note. By the way, I'm on my way to Townsend, Tennessee tomorrow morning for a wedding. I've never been to your lovely state before. I understand the weather has been hot... wish I could take my car!
Jennifer
Old 06-05-02, 02:35 PM
vicky!!!
Driver School Candidate

Jennifer,
Townsend is beautiful!!! In the foothills of the Smoky Mountains, but not as touristy as Sevier County (Sevierville, Pigeon Forge, Gatlinburg), where I live. But, not the choices of accomodations or restaurants, etc, either. You must go to Cades Cove while you are so close by in Townsend. That is well worth the drive. It would be a glorious place to have your top down on your SC. Oh, well, maybe next time. The weather is supposed to be more seasonal by tomorrow! Highs in the low 80's is the prediction with lows in the upper 50's. Take care and enjoy my neck of the woods.
Vicky