First Impressions on my new SC430

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-01, 03:57 PM
2SAVVY
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default First Impressions on my new SC430

Hey all,

Well took delivery finally on Monday of this week of the Silver Beast and all I can say is WOW what a car.. Its so hard to keep my foot out of the throttle during my break in period but I promise I am being good..

For those who are afraid of stone chips on the front end of your SC430 I suggest you investigate the 3M Film Protection that is sold by companies like Xpel, Invinca-Shield and some other company that escapes my memory at the moment.. Believe me well worth the investment especially if you intend to keep the car for a long time.. I was looking at a friend's SC who took delivery of his car about 6 months ago and the front end is beginning to look really bad with nicks here and there front sand/stone/bugs ect ect..

Wish I was there when they installed the 3M product to show pics but i'll have pictures up soon and you can't even notice it on the car.. The film itself has a clear coat and you can even apply wax to it..

Ok had the dealer take off the Run Flat tires from the factory wheels and install them on the Lowenharts and balance the package too (Took my dealer 2 shots but the car is riding without any vibration.. Very solid feel except for the run flat hardness that is a bit hard to get used to but not overly bad as some have noted.. I can live with it).. So far no warning light issues but I think this is because I didn't make the dealer dismantle the sensors off the factory wheels.. So my suggestion to you guys/gals who want to get rid of those ugly factory wheels then buy new pressure sensors from the dealer to go along with your new rims..

Side note: Manaray you weren't kidding when you said the Lowenharts were heavy.. With run flat tires and fully inflated it is pushing well over 40 Lbs each.. If I were to do it again I think I might listen to you and gotten the forged wheels from HRE instead of the LD1's but they look so SWEET on the car IMHO especially in chrome.. Very nice blend and I am happy with them..

One quick story before I send the thread along.. I was at a Wendy's drive-thru on Tuesday and the roof was up so I decided since I am waiting for the line of cars to start moving I would lower the roof.. 10 or so people in the restaurant stand up and lean over to the window to get a look then I get the thumbs up from a few of them.. **Priceless**

For those sitting on the fence about the SC430.. Believe me it is worth the wait!!!!

Slew of pictures will be up tomorrow or later tonight..
Old 09-19-01, 04:48 PM
TOPLEXS
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

Always the same results when raising or lowering the top...People stop in their tracks, and stare. Always a crowd pleaser....then someone asks about trunk space. Maybe it is just me, but that seems to happen every time.

Lowering your top while waiting for a light to turn. Same result....all the drivers and their passengers point, and you can tell they are talking about how cool it looks. There is something mesmerizing about the top action.
Old 09-19-01, 05:36 PM
mkilty
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Gene,

You are going to come by my place in Arcadia to show my wife and I your car I hope. Just a thought.

Michael
Old 09-19-01, 08:53 PM
2SAVVY
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by 1SICKLEX
I need that option on the GS !
Imagine a GS430 with a retractable hardtop.. Let me wipe the drool from my face..

Gene,

Thanks for the congrats.. I hope your get yours soon too.. You are gonna have perma grin for days.. Trust me on that.. BTW were did you get your car cover again.. I thought I had the site bookmarked but I can't find it.. Could you shoot me the web addy again.. THANKS!
You are as bad as I am.. The wife bought me the Lexus pillows for what lexus calls back seats so that was the first thing that she did to the car to personalize the interior like she will ever get to drive it.. LOL.. But that is our little secret.. HEHE

As for the runflat sensors.. No issues like I said in my earlier post.. I am running 37 Lbs. in each wheel since it feels a bit better and lessens the chance of the low pressure light coming on.. The dealership did one heck of a job before I took delivery.. They are even storing my factory wheels till I decide what I want to do with them.. I mentioned that place you posted about the chroming and they are pondering buying the wheels from me and getting them done for another gentleman waiting for his SC to arrive in the spring who was asking about chrome wheels.. Any idea what price I should sell them??

I'll shoot the pics on tomorrow.. Hopefully it will be brighter when I take these next pics.. These first ones sucked since it was rainy today..

TOPLEXS,

You've had your car for awhile now.. Anything I should be keeping an eye or ear out for.. So far no rattles what so ever (Knock on wood).. Any help would be much appreciated!
Old 09-20-01, 10:13 AM
The Ikon
Lexus Champion

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts
Thumbs up

Congrads on the FRESH NEW ride!
Old 09-20-01, 12:34 PM
2SAVVY
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by genearch

My cover came from: www.heavenforcars.com

A few questions:

1. On your Lowenharts, what size did you buy? 18x8.5?
2. How much was the set of runflat sensors? Seems like the way to go, especially if they fit in your new wheels and work fine.
3. Price for xpel? I found a place in Santa Monica that sells & installs the product.

Thanks,

G

* I kind of feel like setting up boxes in my garage and putting the car cover over them so I feel as though I have something there. (like that Friend's episode with Joey's Porsche)
Gene,

First thing first thanks for the web addy on the car cover..

Answer #1:
Lowenharts are 18 X 8.5 all 4 of them. I wasn't sure about staggering them and at the time the folks here who I ordered the LD1's from suggested that 8.5 all the way around would be just fine.

Answer #2:
Run flat sensors I have no idea what they cost. Wheels Direct who I ordered the rims from included the sensors in my deal but if you call your dealer they should have some idea.

Answer #3:
Xpel was also included in my deal when I originally ordered the car 4.5 months ago. I believe full retail for all the componenets I got cost in the neighbourhood of $500 - $600 USD plus install. I also didn't pay for install since I sent a few people in to my dealership and they bought cars so that was my kick back. But I think it was like 4 - 5 hours labour. This I suggest you get an expert to do but like I said it is worth every penny even thou I didn't pay much.

The Ikon,

Thanks buddy.. Hope everything is good in your neck of the woods.. Shoot me an email one day you have my addy..

Ken

Last edited by 2SAVVY; 09-20-01 at 12:36 PM.
Old 10-09-01, 03:21 PM
2SAVVY
Lexus Champion

Sorry guys for not posting the pics as of yet.. I had to take normal 35mm pics (since the digital camera was dropped by my idiot brother) and I still haven't finished the roll and taken it to get it developed.. Then I have to get them scanned by a buddy of mine.. Yeah Yeah I know excuses excuses.. LOL..

You'll get the pics before I put her away for winter storage.. BTW Gene did you get your car yet and I guess the garage is all complete now too??
Old 10-09-01, 03:54 PM
2SAVVY
Lexus Champion

SWEET!!

If I had the money i'd play with my garage like how you did well maybe not as nice as yours but you know what I mean..

Still think a nice Lexus Logo in the middle of the floor would be perfect..

Great job!! I'm envious!!
Old 10-09-01, 06:51 PM
The Ikon
Lexus Champion

Angry You lucky BASTARDS!!!!!

That garage is nice as hell... Are you planning on spending all your time seating in your SC430 wating a good dvd on the tv in the corner?

Congrats guys on both of your new SC430... I can only imagine what you house looks like...:eek:

Thomas
Old 10-10-01, 09:33 AM
The Ikon
Lexus Champion

Nooooooooooooooo not the kitchen... Your wife must be behind this project!!
Old 10-10-01, 10:03 AM
The Ikon
Lexus Champion

Talking

I knew I smelled a woman behind the kitchen madness.... Sound like you have it together guy...

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhm, so when is the wedding?:eek:
Old 10-10-01, 11:36 AM
2SAVVY
Lexus Champion

LOL Gene..

I tried to keep it status quo for as long as I could too but I finally caved in.. I squeezed 2 years out of "living together" before I caved.. Haven't regreted it one bit..

Hold out as long as you can for us married guys..
Old 10-10-01, 01:10 PM
The Ikon
Lexus Champion

I dated my wife for 6 years and live together 1 year of the 6 before I went under the knife!!!

I got married at 30 how old are you Gene? How old where you when you took the vow?