SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

questions about engine, builds, parts, local sc300s

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-15, 12:02 AM
DQBHAMBURG
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default questions about engine, builds, parts, local sc300s

First things first, New guy. Hi guys and gals.
Shout out to the admins and the active pros on the forums!
So first car was a 07 eclipse that I got when I was in the military and got screwed for paying for. After learning a few things (not enough) I decided to trade it for a '93 Lexus sc300 2jzge. Engine was rebuilt and only had 55,000 miles on it, engine full stock, interior hurting, some paint peeling, 97 front&back bumper, and some g35 rims. Main reason I got it was because I wanted to start out from the beginning and do mods correctly this time rather than having 'friends' that after working on the car, realizing they had less knowledge than I did in the beginning.

I've been doing some researching, but I am keep getting lost and can't find definite answers.
- with that being said, let's get started.

So the sc300 ge and gte (long story short) have different uppers on the engines, but they share the same bottom ends (correct?)
The ge manifold is 000-000 and the gte is 000000 (yes?)
I know there's also fitment and a few others I've forgotten.
What parts make the na-T conversion and how does it make it an na-T conversion? to start the turbo process? -not counting turbo intake, headers, down pipe and exhaust.
Searching for sc300 2jzge parts I keep seeing supra 2jzge parts. Is it 100% the same thing engine wise?
To anyone's knowledge, (for the engine) interchangeable parts, what I can look for and will fit right on with no-mild modification.
anyone know any sc300 drivers in the texas area? Near Killeen, ft. Hood, harker heights area?

Last but not least can someone recommend, make or point me in the right direction for a build?
I'm not trying to make it super fast, so I'm not wanting to spend thousands on a single part, also I have a wife who would freak out of she saw me paying 2,000 for parts. I could probably get away with a 1500 purchase maybe 2 times without her wanting to kill me. Lol. This is how I would like to go about it, get everything I need to put a turbo on, install it, run about 2-6psi and as I upgrade the engine I would increase the boost and the parts that go with it.

Any ideas about getting another car or doing an engine swap is not possible in my future.
I'm happy with what I have and I want to make do with I have.

If you can point me in the right direction, awesome.
If you can explain a long story short, even better.
I've gone over this for probably about an hour making sure I hit everything. So bare with me if some things don't make sense. All I have is a phone and a small screen.
Show me what the Lexus forums are about!!!
Old 05-01-15, 12:16 AM
DQBHAMBURG
Driver School Candidate

Old 05-01-15, 08:57 PM
DQBHAMBURG
Driver School Candidate

Question understanding engine im a tad bit lost.

So first car was a 07 eclipse that I got when I was in the military and got screwed for paying for. After learning a few things (not enough) I decided to trade it for a '93 Lexus sc300 2jzge. Engine was rebuilt and only had 55,000 miles on it, engine full stock, interior hurting, some paint peeling, 97 front&back bumper, and some g35 rims. Main reason I got it was because I wanted to start out from the beginning and do mods correctly this time rather than having 'friends' that after working on the car, realizing they had less knowledge than I did in the beginning.

I've been doing some researching, but I am keep getting lost and can't find definite answers.

So the sc300 ge and gte (long story short) have different uppers on the engines, but they share the same bottom ends (correct?)
What parts make the na-T conversion and how does it make it an na-T conversion to start the turbo process? -not counting turbo intake, headers, down pipe and exhaust.
Searching for sc300 2jzge parts I keep seeing supra 2jzge parts. Is it 100% the same thing engine wise?
To anyone's knowledge, (for the engine) interchangeable parts, what I can look for and will fit right on with no-mild modification.

Old 05-01-15, 09:01 PM
DQBHAMBURG
Driver School Candidate

Question help with starting a build stock 93 sc300 2jzge

can someone recommend, make or point me in the right direction for a build?
I'm not trying to make it super fast, so I'm not wanting to spend thousands on a single part, also I have a wife who would freak out of she saw me paying 2,000 for parts. I could probably get away with a 1500 purchase maybe 2 times without her wanting to kill me. Lol. This is how I would like to go about it, get everything I need to put a turbo on, install it, run about 2-6psi and as I upgrade the engine I would increase the boost and the parts that go with it.

Any ideas about getting another car or doing an engine swap is not possible in my future.

Old 05-01-15, 09:04 PM
DQBHAMBURG
Driver School Candidate

Broken down and posted on engine thread to try and get a better response about engine and same with build.
Old 05-01-15, 09:07 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator
Administrator

Received 2,312 Likes on 1,410 Posts

If you haven't already, suggest starting off here

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc-...tart-here.html

Welcome!
Old 05-01-15, 09:13 PM
DQBHAMBURG
Driver School Candidate

Ha I think my threads got moved. But thanks man. Appreciate it. Will definitely take a look!
Old 05-01-15, 09:16 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator
Administrator

Received 2,312 Likes on 1,410 Posts

I merged them because you posted the same question in three places (two of them the wrong spot)

Start with this one thread and especially with the FAQs because most all of what you asked is listed there.

Also read other member build threads to learn about their goals and how they've accomplished them.
Old 05-01-15, 09:25 PM
DQBHAMBURG
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by DaveGS4
I merged them because you posted the same question in three places (two of them the wrong spot)

Start with this one thread and especially with the FAQs because most all of what you asked is listed there.

Also read other member build threads to learn about their goals and how they've accomplished them.
apologies! , I will have to do some more research on these threads. If you could remove this thread awesome, if not it's cool. Thanks!
Old 05-02-15, 02:15 AM
Kris9884
Racer

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by DQBHAMBURG

What parts make the na-T conversion and how does it make it an na-T conversion? to start the turbo process? -not counting turbo intake, headers, down pipe and exhaust.
anyone know any sc300 drivers in the texas area? Near Killeen, ft. Hood, harker heights area?

Last but not least can someone recommend, make or point me in the right direction for a build?

I've gone over this for probably about an hour making sure I hit everything. So bare with me if some things don't make sense. All I have is a phone and a small screen.
Welcome to the Club! Clean car, more pictures!

Where to begin lol.. Here's a couple personal favorites that are very descriptive and all but recipes for 4-500hp. If you read just 1 or 2 front to back, you'll be set.

First stop, NA-T bible, this is a MUST READ:

http://www.supraforums.com/forum/sho...A-T-conversion

Now, if you read these 4 links front to back, you'll be a SC / 2J / NA-T genius and will have no further questions, seriously, it's that simple. That being said, it's definitely several hours/evenings of reading but its entertaining, have fun...

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc-...t-ecu-mod.html
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/bui...ade-sc300.html
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/bui...a-t-build.html
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/bui...-in-store.html

The only reason no one is going to come out and answer your specific questions is because you're not in the middle of a build, or at a stand still from a car not starting, or on the side of the road. You just need to do some plain old research before you map out your build. Luckily there have been some major pioneers before you and typed it out. So like everyone else, grab a beer and your reading glasses and get to it lol.. Have fun man lol.