SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

20/yr old virgin non-vvti 2jzge cherry poppin

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-15, 12:38 PM
LEXOWINO
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 20/yr old virgin non-vvti 2jzge cherry poppin

As the title says I need to pop my cars cherry.
I want to open the exhaust up.
What header year supra should I be shoping for?
Are OBX-R better than the stuff on Amazon? Prices are $150 usd shipped to damn near $750 shipped. Im Looking for a manifold that won't bust or crack the first few times I heat it them up from N20 (when that day comes before the tracks close)
Also I plan to redo the entire exhaust including the catalystic converter hangers bushings and studs. I do not want variation in the inner diameter of the exhaust. So a test pipe or hi flow cat will do but I do not see any pieces manufactured for the sc300. Do I buy a universal hi flow catalytics converter and after market flanges to bring into the exhaust shop? I might have them fab a test pipe so I can install the Bee*R (but not at this time)
Also I plan on keeping my SC300 a dual exhaust set up so what size in length resonators should I purchase for each side of the Y that will accomadate the space appropriately?
In addition at this time I've decided on top speed mufflers unless some better sounding universal mufflers are suggested at an either higher expense for quality sound or comparable compromise to the sound quality of the top speed mufflers at a less price.

Last edited by LEXOWINO; 04-18-15 at 12:56 PM. Reason: phone auto posted
Old 04-21-15, 07:13 PM
Joey-E
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Dang what a crazy Thread Title and description.
Old 04-22-15, 07:41 PM
LEXOWINO
Driver

So I decided that while I could buy a header set straight pipe it and add a Bee*R; I would be very slow loud and dramatic.
I opted instead for
My first modifications as

Apexi panel air filter
Toyota Racing Developement oil filter
&
Ngk wires with plugs
Old 04-23-15, 09:04 PM
Joey-E
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Nice start, youll want to to the exhaust in no time. Lol
Old 04-23-15, 09:30 PM
Kris9884
Racer

Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts

So you're gonna get nitrous and exhaust on the GE? Way to be different.. After you are done with all that and decide to go turbo, do some searching on the exhaust variations and setups of other users.
Old 04-24-15, 09:27 AM
LEXOWINO
Driver

Originally Posted by Kris9884
So you're gonna get nitrous and exhaust on the GE? Way to be different.. After you are done with all that and decide to go turbo, do some searching on the exhaust variations and setups of other users.
On another thread a forum member disclosed that the mid pipe from a JZA80 TT can delete one of the catalyst. I believe an aftermarket header set will delete one as well. Thus it would be wise for me to delete the catalyst when the day of a pressured molecular hyper cooled oxidizer system is integrated to my jzz31.

And yea I COULD boost like RIGHT NOW but then the weakest links of the car will give out. I'm doing the proper prep work. A header set might seem stupid but in reality most tuners in japan don't feel it is when you go from NA to FI.
You want the car with supporting modifications like plumbing cooling meters fuel delivery all that before FI. Otherwise you'll be the guy withthe girlfriend with big fake **** that never shifts his stick.
Old 04-24-15, 10:39 AM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

Received 438 Likes on 368 Posts

im not sure what this thread is all about is this your build thread, should I move it to the build section?

there are several exhaust threads including the one i just posted in about headers and exhausts in the performance section, which it sounds like you read.

why would you do a header which is the exhaust manifold, to only go turbo and then have to remove the header for a turbo exhaust manifold, it doesn't help to add a header now. most people who add a header aren't planning on going turbo, like if you were to just run nitrous or n/a power, but to each their own. what you may want to consider doing is to keep the stock header and main cats, and to free up the exhaust just delete the secondary cat via the 3" supra single turbo midpipe, and get a catback exhaust (rear section). then the car will sound better, be more free flowing, and when you do go turbo you wont have to remove and sell the header you just bought (Called doing it twice).
Old 10-07-15, 05:58 PM
LEXOWINO
Driver

Originally Posted by Ali SC3
im not sure what this thread is all about is this your build thread, should I move it to the build section?

there are several exhaust threads including the one i just posted in about headers and exhausts in the performance section, which it sounds like you read.

why would you do a header which is the exhaust manifold, to only go turbo and then have to remove the header for a turbo exhaust manifold, it doesn't help to add a header now. most people who add a header aren't planning on going turbo, like if you were to just run nitrous or n/a power, but to each their own. what you may want to consider doing is to keep the stock header and main cats, and to free up the exhaust just delete the secondary cat via the 3" supra single turbo midpipe, and get a catback exhaust (rear section). then the car will sound better, be more free flowing, and when you do go turbo you wont have to remove and sell the header you just bought (Called doing it twice).
Yea after lurking on the forums a bit I decided against a header but I still may delete the cats some time down the road.