SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

95 Sc300 Fuel Relay issues

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-14, 03:03 PM
Preppy1
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 95 Sc300 Fuel Relay issues

Please Help? I have a 95 sc300 #PreppyOne and i have just come into a lot of problems and i have been looking for weeks/months for real answers online:

#3 My car wasn't starting in less i left the cars ignition in acc for awhile almost enough to kill the battery. Turned out to be the fuel pump relay behind the back seat panel. i by passed it just by unhooking the plug and jumping the 2 big wires with a coated paper clip today and tapeing it to the plug and letting it hang(which is perfect when your stuck in a parking lot), now it starts every time with out fail. but does kick code 78 which is that relay. I wish i took pictures cause it was so much cleaner with out cutting the big wires method or using a wire nut. but i got a check code today but not positive if it was on before the repair im about to reset the ECU and see if i did something wrong by this route... i hope i found a better way of doing this survival mod...
Old 09-04-14, 10:23 AM
Preppy1
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Preppy1
Please Help? I have a 95 sc300 #PreppyOne and i have just come into a lot of problems and i have been looking for weeks/months for real answers online:

#3 My car wasn't starting in less i left the cars ignition in acc for awhile almost enough to kill the battery. Turned out to be the fuel pump relay behind the back seat panel. i by passed it just by unhooking the plug and jumping the 2 big wires with a coated paper clip (same as if your trying to check engine codes), (Melt the ends first) today and tapeing it to the plug and leaving it unplugged from the Fuel relay(which is perfect when your stuck in a parking lot), now it starts every time with out fail. but does kick code 78 which is that relay. I wish i took pictures cause it was so much cleaner with out cutting the big wires method or using a wire nut. but i got a check code today but not positive if it was on before the repair im about to reset the ECU and see if i did something wrong by this route... i hope i found a better way of doing this survival mod...
Ok, i reset the Check engine light and drove it for awhile last night and just drove to work today. No more check engine light. Awesome no cutting of wires required
Old 09-04-14, 03:33 PM
Vrank
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

1: it's not a fuel relay, it's actually a variable controller.

2: your fix is extremely ghetto and possibly dangerous. Clip the wires, slide heatshrin over one, solder together, then heatshrink over your solder and forget about it.

Not trying to be a ****, but take pride in your work. A paper clip and tape shouldn't be bragged about over a proper, permanent method.
Old 09-04-14, 10:10 PM
Preppy1
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Vrank
1: it's not a fuel relay, it's actually a variable controller.

2: your fix is extremely ghetto and possibly dangerous. Clip the wires, slide heatshrin over one, solder together, then heatshrink over your solder and forget about it.

Not trying to be a ****, but take pride in your work. A paper clip and tape shouldn't be bragged about over a proper, permanent method.
Thank you for your advise and it was no way a permanent fix just to get me by till i could get a new one with out cutting of wires when your in a parking lot and twisting them together. cause in return you would have to solder and then heat shrink the wires back together to plug it into a new or salvaged variable controller. sorry if it was interrupted that way guys this was only a temporary fix.