SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Bought a new project, so I guess this is goodbye.

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-14, 08:16 PM
jimbow
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bought a new project, so I guess this is goodbye.

I've been around here for few years, I never really posted much, I like to do more reading than posting. But anyway I've had some, it all started when I bought my mkiv supra.... I built the car over a 2 year period but eventually sold it. I've always wanted to build an sc300, so a few months ago I bought one from a friends dad, it's a great start to a project. I started by pulling everything out of the interior to clean everything to be in new condition underneath, a little obsessive I know. So then with the car stripped I started thinking about the direction I wanted to go in... I decided a street strip car would be the most fun.

And at the same time my younger brother was selling his camaro, a 99 ss. I've had 2 of these cars in the past, one was an 11 second car. Anyway I drove his car before he sold it and I got bit, I've been wanting another ever since.

So I started looking for another one, and just a few days ago I found it, a 2001 z28 hardtop! It's the perfect platform for a street strip car, and I'll be able to build it for much less money than the sc300.

Now I know the camaro has an interior designed and built by Rubbermaid, and it doesn't compare the the sc300 in that department.

But there aren't many cars that beat the fun factor of the camaro. Basically some minor bolt ons and sticky tires will get the car into the 12s.

So I'll be selling my sc300, probably to a local scrap yard, which is a shame because the body very straight. I have perfect doors, trunks yes 2, hood and lots of other stuff. Pm if interested.

But I wanted to just say I've had fun reading about the builds and projects on here. You guys are very knowledgable and have inspired me. I'll get another sc300 some day, but right now I have a camaro to build.......
Old 08-06-14, 08:24 PM
97-SC300
Lexus Fanatic

Received 131 Likes on 109 Posts

ok
Old 08-06-14, 08:26 PM
scENFORCER
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Why not sell the shell to someone on CL? There's lotsa ppl looking for shells to build..
Old 08-06-14, 08:42 PM
mikef
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

does the doors still fall off on the camaro still?
Old 08-06-14, 08:43 PM
jimbow
Rookie

I'd love to sell the shell to a member! It does have a salvage title due to theft, it didn't bother me tho. The cR was really clean, the seats were torn and door panels were missing. But that's minor to me lol

The only thing the car really needs is some rust repair on the roof, just some minor rust along the top towards the middle of the car. I was gonna fix all of this. I have another sc parts car with a perfect roof, i wasn't gonna swap roof panels because the damage is so minor. I'm just throwing it out there. Lol

If anyone is interested please let me know, I'd rather the car or the parts to go to a member on here. You guys would actually appreciate it.

The headlights are in great shape, the tail lights are in great shape too.

I'd love to keep the car, but I'm not gonna be able to build it for a while. And My wife would like have a spot in the garage before winter lol.
Old 08-06-14, 10:22 PM
HillDwelle
Driver School Candidate

what year tail lights? If they are 97+ id probably take them off of you.

Also It saddens me to hear you are leaving us for a camaro
Im personally not a fan muscle but whatever floats your boat man. In the end though they're both cars and with enough love and passion for doing the work, they all have much potential so even though I feel a bit betrayed
I still wish you the best of luck
Old 08-07-14, 03:48 AM
Biddles
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Don't scrap it! Shoot me a few pics via PM.
Old 08-07-14, 01:26 PM
jimbow
Rookie

I sent you a pm bud.

Thanks for the kind words guys, one day I'll get me another SC.

But I think I'm making the right choice to sell and start on the camaro. I feel it cost more to build the sc into a drag car versus building the camaro. The main reason is the parts are more plentiful and cheaper lol.

So for now I'll be trying to get rid of the parts I have, all mainly body parts and interior items. I think I need a vouch to sell on here due to my low post count.

Oh, hilldwell... There 95 tail light dude.
Old 08-07-14, 10:36 PM
Ramblerman
Intermediate

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Boom Boom another one bites the dust!
Old 08-07-14, 10:51 PM
PJSC300
Rookie

Good luck on the camaro. Hope to see your Sc build one day.
Old 08-17-14, 09:04 PM
jimbow
Rookie

A little update.... The camaro need some paint correction due to acid rain damage. So that's how I spent the weekend.

Also got rid of some of the parts, thank you to the buyers.

And I believe a friend of mine is going to get the 95 sc300 from me.

But he doesn't want the parts car, so I still have stuff leftover.

Hopefully he does buy the car, because it's just too nice to send to the junkyard.