SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Tire Stretch Guru's Please take a look(255/35 on a 13in)Having Trouble

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-13, 01:23 AM
1WILLY1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 194 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by Kingshawty
That's what you're not understanding, they are explaining to you when you lower it the car will naturally camber out the wheels. You might not even need wide body. Also depending in the suspension we have in our cars I do believe the wheels go up and in, not directly up. My friends Z poked out a good inch uncompressed but when we compressed the shock it fit perfectly flush.
I know all about that man but trust me it wont be enough,,,,, they are 20's so I wont have much travel room anyways, might be different if they were 18's.

im gonna try to max out the natural camber on my wheels and then try to jack up the shock a bit and ill take a pic for u guys.

Originally Posted by MDSC
Making the car fit the wheels is the easy part,making the wheels fit the car is the hard part. Good luck with your wide body.
thanks man , and its nice to know we don't have to argue all the time lol
Old 12-24-13, 12:24 PM
buffalosoj
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any updates on this project?
Old 12-24-13, 02:00 PM
1WILLY1
Lexus Test Driver

re-did the fenders 3-4 times, finally got them perfect, then hit a huge bump on highway it cracked the left side flare.

was going to go widebody, then bought an LS430 and ive lost interest in the SC.

most likely ill be going back to stock , painting it, and selling it in the spring
Old 12-24-13, 02:54 PM
Piraiba
Rookie

Should've stuck with normal sized wheels.... you can't honestly tell me you thought putting that ridiculous size wheel on this car was going to be a good idea.... Not being an ***, but it's the truth.
Old 12-24-13, 06:48 PM
1WILLY1
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Piraiba
Should've stuck with normal sized wheels.... you can't honestly tell me you thought putting that ridiculous size wheel on this car was going to be a good idea.... Not being an ***, but it's the truth.
Yes it was a great idea, I had it complete too , minus paint , too bad I managed to hit a pothole at 120 kmph, and it cracked the left side again.

I ended up rebuilding them in another thread, cause I had the faces mixed up, I had the low disk in front and the high disk in rear, which caused it to poke out too far, once I rebuilt them it looked much better.

I got compliments on those literally everywhere I went, they turned heads on every corner, had people trying to buy them off me everywhere I go(even while driving on the highway) it turned my very average SC into a monster.

Boring people like urself would never understand.

Last edited by 1WILLY1; 12-24-13 at 06:53 PM.
Old 12-24-13, 08:59 PM
Piraiba
Rookie

Originally Posted by 1WILLY1
Yes it was a great idea, I had it complete too , minus paint , too bad I managed to hit a pothole at 120 kmph, and it cracked the left side again.

I ended up rebuilding them in another thread, cause I had the faces mixed up, I had the low disk in front and the high disk in rear, which caused it to poke out too far, once I rebuilt them it looked much better.

I got compliments on those literally everywhere I went, they turned heads on every corner, had people trying to buy them off me everywhere I go(even while driving on the highway) it turned my very average SC into a monster.

Boring people like urself would never understand.
Putting mud tires off a Land Cruiser on your car will also turn heads, doesn't mean it looks good. But you wouldn't understand....
Old 12-24-13, 09:11 PM
1WILLY1
Lexus Test Driver

Putting mud tires off a Land Cruiser on your car will also turn heads, doesn't mean it looks good. But you wouldn't understand....
do they look like ****ing mud tires??? they are worth more then your entire car
Old 12-24-13, 09:14 PM
Piraiba
Rookie

do they look like mud tires u ****ing moron??? they are worth more then your entire car
Relax buddy. First off don't get your panties in a bunch and try to get hostile with me. Causing turmoil over an opinion on a public forum.

The simple fact, and don't even try to argue this fact if you don't want to look like a moron, is that those wheels are WAY too big for this car. It looks hideous. It almost looks as bad as those donks you see in ghetto rap videos.

Poor SC.
Old 12-24-13, 10:04 PM
mikef
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

isn't the sc a Sports coup?
Old 12-24-13, 11:34 PM
INTIMAZY
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

do they look like ****ing mud tires??? they are worth more then your entire car
Not sure if you made your case stronger with that one....?

To each their own. Some people like attention. Some people prefer a sleeper. It's a different type of attention depending on how people look at it.

I know when I do 140+mph down a straightaway I have zero chance of cracking a fender no matter what pothole I hit or candycane curb I decide to jump over
Old 12-25-13, 04:56 AM
1WILLY1
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by INTIMAZY

To each their own. Some people like attention. Some people prefer a sleeper. It's a different type of attention depending on how people look at it.

I know when I do 140+mph down a straightaway I have zero chance of cracking a fender no matter what pothole I hit or candycane curb I decide to jump over
yea that was the only problem, they were just massive , and they needed custom wide body work to get them to fit 100%

also they are heavy and guys like u that like speed probably would feel they slow u down

I can honestly say I tried my best to make them fit, I re-did the fenders at least 4-5 times, I spent the whole spring and summer trying to make it come alive , I was very close to being finished too.

for me I loved them, loved how the car looked with them, and its sad I wont get to finish that whole project thing , it was fun, but once I got the LS I honestly lost interest in it.

im probably going to relip the wheels back to normal specs and put them on the LS in the spring, which is a shame, cause it took a TON of work to get them where they are.
Old 12-25-13, 06:52 AM
INTIMAZY
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

yea that was the only problem, they were just massive , and they needed custom wide body work to get them to fit 100%

also they are heavy and guys like u that like speed probably would feel they slow u down

I can honestly say I tried my best to make them fit, I re-did the fenders at least 4-5 times, I spent the whole spring and summer trying to make it come alive , I was very close to being finished too.

for me I loved them, loved how the car looked with them, and its sad I wont get to finish that whole project thing , it was fun, but once I got the LS I honestly lost interest in it.

im probably going to relip the wheels back to normal specs and put them on the LS in the spring, which is a shame, cause it took a TON of work to get them where they are.
Does a widebody LS430 exist already?
Old 12-25-13, 08:04 AM
Studiogeek
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

I personally enjoy the fact that ***** tried something new. You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
I don't have huge wheels on my SC (9.5R) but I really like the look of some of them (LOVE PeteSoarers old machine). I wish people would just be helpful in a "softer" way. If someone raises the bar, he/she expands our possibilities and raises the bar conceptually for us all. There is no need to follow suit if it is not your thing. 1000HP stock body sleepers are also raising the bar and are awesome (but would suck for me because I have no idea how to maintain a sick Turbo setup).
Hitting that wall after trying hard sucks, no need to make it suck any more.
Old 12-25-13, 11:29 AM
1WILLY1
Lexus Test Driver

Relax buddy. First off don't get your panties in a bunch and try to get hostile with me. Causing turmoil over an opinion on a public forum.

The simple fact, and don't even try to argue this fact if you don't want to look like a moron, is that those wheels are WAY too big for this car. It looks hideous. It almost looks as bad as those donks you see in ghetto rap videos.

Poor SC.
How many times do I have to tell you, you #$%^%$ #$%%$, what you see in this thread was not the finished product, the wheels were poking out way too much and I found a way to fix it, I realized I had the faces backwards, where the high disk was in the rear, and low disk in the front, which was causing WAYYY too much poke in the rear, and causing the fronts to be sucked in.

So you are running your mouth over an unfinished project, a work in progress, after the face swap those rear wheels were sucked in by at least 1.5 inches, and I was able to reduce that rear flare dramatically, where the body looked much more stock, with just a simple flare at the rear(like many guys do)

its no different then looking at a guy rebuilding his engine when he has parts all over the ground, and saying 'look, uve destroyed your car'

And thanks studiogeek Im honestly sad I might not be finishing it, because it was really looking great, but The LS was my dream car for the past 5 years, and once I got it, I really haven't looked back.

Also I live in an apartment, I don't have even one parking spot, I park on the street, so its not practical at all for me to own two cars, one of them pretty much has to go, and sadly its the SC

Anyways here are a few pics of the car AFTER the face swap and re-doing the fenders.

If you guys don't like the way it looks in these pics, then that's fine, I cant argue with you, and I wont it just comes down to opinion and taste, but I loved it , I just needed to paint it and install the door mouldings and it was done , but I ran out of good weather unfortunately.

I did all this work on the street, I don't own a garage.
Attached Thumbnails Tire Stretch Guru's Please take a look(255/35 on a 13in)Having Trouble-zlex.png   Tire Stretch Guru's Please take a look(255/35 on a 13in)Having Trouble-zzlex.png   Tire Stretch Guru's Please take a look(255/35 on a 13in)Having Trouble-zzzlex.png  
Old 12-25-13, 04:25 PM
myLEXsc400
Lexus Test Driver

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

How many times do I have to tell you, you #$%^%$ #$%%$, what you see in this thread was not the finished product, the wheels were poking out way too much and I found a way to fix it, I realized I had the faces backwards, where the high disk was in the rear, and low disk in the front, which was causing WAYYY too much poke in the rear, and causing the fronts to be sucked in.

So you are running your mouth over an unfinished project, a work in progress, after the face swap those rear wheels were sucked in by at least 1.5 inches, and I was able to reduce that rear flare dramatically, where the body looked much more stock, with just a simple flare at the rear(like many guys do)

its no different then looking at a guy rebuilding his engine when he has parts all over the ground, and saying 'look, uve destroyed your car'

And thanks studiogeek Im honestly sad I might not be finishing it, because it was really looking great, but The LS was my dream car for the past 5 years, and once I got it, I really haven't looked back.

Also I live in an apartment, I don't have even one parking spot, I park on the street, so its not practical at all for me to own two cars, one of them pretty much has to go, and sadly its the SC

Anyways here are a few pics of the car AFTER the face swap and re-doing the fenders.

If you guys don't like the way it looks in these pics, then that's fine, I cant argue with you, and I wont it just comes down to opinion and taste, but I loved it , I just needed to paint it and install the door mouldings and it was done , but I ran out of good weather unfortunately.

I did all this work on the street, I don't own a garage.
if you would have done the Vertex widebody kit that Kohinoor has, these wheels would have looked awsome

Quick Reply: Tire Stretch Guru's Please take a look(255/35 on a 13in)Having Trouble