SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Different Window Issue, Won't Move With Motor, Not Broken Plastic Piece

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-13, 04:33 PM
BoostAddct
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Different Window Issue, Won't Move With Motor, Not Broken Plastic Piece

Awhile back before I started tearing the car down for the rebuild/upgrades my driver's side window stopped going down unless I moved motor down and then pushed window down by hand...I figured it was the notorious regulator issue so I just put that at the bottom of the list to fix when the car was done with the other major stuff...

Well the car is basically done mechanically and I finally pulled the door panel off to look at the regulator/motor. Here's what I found: (I will snap a pic tomorrow when I am at shop with car)

The plastic piece moves up and down with the cable when I hit the up and down button on the window switch. If I roll it all the way down the window stays up so then I move it down manually until it hits the bracket/plastic piece. Then I can roll the window up by hitting the window switch up and it will lift the bracket which will lift the window all the way up. So the plastic piece seems fine where the cable goes through....but the whole cable assembly isn't attached to the actual window to move it with the assembly when I hit the button...

Does anyone have a pic of how the window attaches to the actual bracket/white plastic? I looked through all the regulator threads by searching and didn't see a good pic where I can make out how it attaches...

Thanks guys!