SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Dohno's Aristo swap 92 5 Speed

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-12, 01:23 AM
Dohno
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dohno's Aristo swap 92 5 Speed

So, to start. This car has been down for some time. And the engine swap was already running in MeUnVmost's SC300. But I decided to go through it and replace some gaskets and hoses while the engine was out. First i'm going to start with the car before the accident. Then the pictures are of the car in its current state. And then there's the engine. I don't know what year the engine is, but it is a Toyota Aristo engine, runs on MAP instead of MAF. Enjoy my project, things are going to be progressing soon, so I should be uploading new pictures weekly.
Before,

After hitting the guard rail.

Old 07-28-12, 01:43 AM
Dohno
Driver School Candidate

Now, After replacing the radiator support, hood, fender, and ordering a replacement body kit.

Some 98+ tail lights

Factory side mount intercooler

Ordered alot from Drift Motion .com,
Water pump, Valve cover vent hoses, exhaust gasket, Oil pan plug, Throttle cable, MSD Tach signal converter, misc gaskets, and crush washers...

Autometer gauges, Cobalt series.

And the engine, No pictures of it before I Pressure washed it, or before I removed the original water pump with the hydraulic fan pump. but here is is while it was taken apart and while being assembled.

Replaced oil pan gaskets.

Water pump removed, and when it was reasembeled, i did turn the engine a couple times to make sure the timing marks all still lined up.

Pump installed,

Assembled,

Old 07-28-12, 01:50 AM
Dohno
Driver School Candidate

What I got next before removing the factory NA engine is replace the turbo oil return lines, and put the clutch on. I also need to install a resister in for the Coolant fan hydraulic pressure sensor. Does any one know what the resistance is supposed to be? I can get that Ohm resister from radio shack.
Old 07-28-12, 04:48 AM
megamax
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

What are u going to do about the rear quarter?
Old 07-28-12, 07:11 AM
lilSCsteve

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Looks like you're bringing SEXY back! LOL...glad you were able to recover from the accident-so many guys trash their cars after an accident? As Megamax stated, what's your plans for the rear quarter? A Vertex Wide rear? Skys to the limit? Keep us posted fam!

Steve
Old 07-28-12, 07:24 AM
Tabaka
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

nice progress but I'd junk that side mount intercooler.
Old 07-28-12, 07:28 AM
S14eva1
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

what fog light is that you are using?
Old 07-28-12, 09:15 AM
kez
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Front mount man front mount

What color are you gonna get it painted
Old 07-28-12, 04:59 PM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

So many questions and so many not being answered. lol

Gald to see that you transformed it back in to the original shape again and parting it out..

Anxious to see it after it is complete.
Old 07-29-12, 02:49 PM
Dohno
Driver School Candidate

Ok, im back with lots of progress, first the questions.
What am I going to do about the quarter panel damage?: Have a body shop handle it. I have been quoted $1800 to fix it, align the body panels, and repaint the hole car. Think thats the route im going to take. However I may go with wide body, and keep my ACS bumer.
Why the sidemount?: Because I have this love for OEM Stock parts, I like OEM Everything. I have a nice front mount that you will see in the pictures below, and i will probably use it after all tho.
What Fog lights?: intrepid. They look new'er in my opinion and they were cheaper, got them from a fellow club lexus member.
What color am I going to paint it?: Keeping it the same color white. I dont remember what the color was but it has a little blue and purple in the color code, it looks really nice when its washed.

SO, as for the progress promised.
Was originally just going to remove the original motor from the car. Started at about 11am, motor was out around 2pm, and it just felt too early to quit... So, Started transferring things over and next thing I knew the motor was ready to go in, and there was still day light. So, I dropped the motor in, bolted the transmission mount in and the air conditioning, and called it a night. Sorry for the lack of pictures, I was solo on this build.

My intercooler that im likely going to be using on this swap.

I broke this vacuum switch, so to fix it I cut a piece of antenna and JB welded it into the holes. Hope it holds, looks strong.

Removal of the old engine,

Interior harness out,

Engine out,

Old 07-29-12, 02:51 PM
Dohno
Driver School Candidate

Remove Transmission,

Replace throttle cable with one bought from DriftMotion.com,

Looked at my Rack and Pinion bushings while they were excusable, looked like it was time to put in my Daizen bushings. I also have front and rear control arm bushing set from them that need to be installed. All these parts can be bought from TM Engineering . Net.

And then my hands were really dirty and i didn't want to pick up my phone anymore. So I kind of skipped alot of picture progress. The story from here is, I put the Clutch and flywheel on my 2jz-gtte swap, Broke a clutch pressure plate bolt and had to remove it and the broken bolt and do it again.
On the left is the clutch for the turbo swap, idk what kind of clutch it is. To the right is the OE SC300 Exccedy clutch with about 30 miles on it.

NA Motor with the Fidanza flywheel,

And the shot with the motor in.
Old 07-29-12, 03:02 PM
lilSCsteve

Making some quick progress I see? NICE. Hey, smart move with the DM throttle cable and replacing those bushings! Any plans to paint the valve cover? Might as well, you're getting the car painted any way...and I can almost guarantee you there will be left over paint. Hey, is that your GS in the back? It's nice too! LOL
Old 07-29-12, 05:29 PM
Dohno
Driver School Candidate

Yea, thats my Daily 4 door GS sitting on megan EZ's and varrstoen wheels.

The valve cover came painted the color change paint. goes from Green - Brown - Purple. I dont want it white. Test fitting the intercooler piping and what i thought wouldn't fit fits, and what i thought would work np, doesn't fit... But as i said, i like stock stuff, so hers my intake set u so far. Gotta get something to go from the filter box to Turbo outlet, and a 90 degree bend for the throttle body.
Old 07-29-12, 07:39 PM
lilSCsteve

Originally Posted by Dohno
Yea, thats my Daily 4 door GS sitting on megan EZ's and varrstoen wheels.

The valve cover came painted the color change paint. goes from Green - Brown - Purple. I dont want it white. Test fitting the intercooler piping and what i thought wouldn't fit fits, and what i thought would work np, doesn't fit... But as i said, i like stock stuff, so hers my intake set u so far. Gotta get something to go from the filter box to Turbo outlet, and a 90 degree bend for the throttle body.
Oh, okay I'm tracking now. I couldn't really see the color of the valve cover. I thought it was the standard Supra Green. LOL. You have a nice car collection bro!
Old 09-28-12, 01:19 PM
Dohno
Driver School Candidate

OK, been a couple months, been in a few states working. Got some progress to share tho.
Got the Factory Soarer intercooler installed. As I said before, I have a thing for factory parts. Love how they fit. Unfortunately the 1jz intake pipe doesn't fit a the 2jz throttle body, but I made something for that.

Quick Reply: Dohno's Aristo swap 92 5 Speed