Need Help.. installing pioneer p2300dvd

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-11, 06:09 PM
sr20crazy
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Help.. installing pioneer p2300dvd

So im trying to install the Pioneer AVH-P2300DVD,

i bought the stereo harness that had like 6 wires along with 4 rca wires, that didnt work.
so i went and got another wire for the car. it came with two wire harness.
the first one is the main supply with the yellow, red, blue, black, and so forth. the second harness in the kit is the 4 speaker wires ( green and purple).
so after i connected all the wires to the harness, they had this light green wire that is suppose to hook on to the e-brake sensor. I'm missing my sensor, cause when the previous owner install the R154 transmission, it look like they cut it off.
The old stereo is a factory lexus pioneer tape player, with four connection. three white and one blue. when I installed the new pioneer stereo in, the only two plug i connected were the two middle ones, and the two outter ones was left unplugged. I've work on many cars and this is my first lexus that i owned so i have no idea on how these are suppose to work.
soo if any one that own a sc300 who has done a stereo swap please help another fellow soarer owner.

oh my car is a 92 sc300. and it just a standard tape player. I look in the trunk, seats and glove box, no disc player of any kind.
and how can i by pass the saftey switch for the dvd since i dont have a e-brake sensor. they say use a small toggle switch i tired but nothing happen.
Old 05-13-11, 06:18 PM
6SOARER
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

SEARCH is your friend, there is also an audio section on these forums

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc-...rom-raine.html
Old 05-13-11, 06:56 PM
bleedspeed
Lead Lap

first post and you got shot down like a bi plane.... lol jk man. i have installed tons of cd players but never a dvd. google would be your best bet to learn how to bypass that safety wire. however not sure why your metra harness did not work that is the one i am using. but i dont use the rcas i ran new speaker wires. because otherwise you will get engine noise. read all the way through that link the guy above gave you except dont worry about splicing the wire for the power antenna. and run new speaker wires to the deck. also i dont mind helping but you have to give me more detail. like pics of how you wired it would be stellar.
Old 05-13-11, 07:06 PM
6SOARER
Lexus Test Driver

I didnt even bother to read your whole post, my bad.

You can bypass the safety switch by GROUNDING it. A buddy of mine does stereos and gave me this tip, it works on my Kenwood DNX-7100
Old 05-13-11, 07:13 PM
bleedspeed
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by eyeSOARER6
I didnt even bother to read your whole post, my bad.

You can bypass the safety switch by GROUNDING it. A buddy of mine does stereos and gave me this tip, it works on my Kenwood DNX-7100
great tip! im gonna have to remember that for one day when i can afford a dvd unit. who am i kidding my *** stays broke just trying to keep the windows working in this thing.
Old 05-13-11, 07:57 PM
xxtoobsxx
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Not all can be grounded. google orebay the tr7 video bypass, it wires up to the harness so you done have to worry about grounds n what not. Or else you need to hook one up to a constant power then the other wire to a switch Your basically making it think the parking brake is on. I had to do this to my old alpine but it required you to e brake on and pump the brake twice. The video bypass is much simplier! get it..
Old 05-13-11, 07:59 PM
sr20crazy
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by bleedspeed
first post and you got shot down like a bi plane.... lol jk man. i have installed tons of cd players but never a dvd. google would be your best bet to learn how to bypass that safety wire. however not sure why your metra harness did not work that is the one i am using. but i dont use the rcas i ran new speaker wires. because otherwise you will get engine noise. read all the way through that link the guy above gave you except dont worry about splicing the wire for the power antenna. and run new speaker wires to the deck. also i dont mind helping but you have to give me more detail. like pics of how you wired it would be stellar.

I wired it as how most car are wired, by matching color for color. red to red, yellow to yellow, solid white to solid white, and so on..
my camera battery died so i cant take any pictures of the set up. i've wired alot of hondas, acuras, nissan, and i havent ran into any problems until i got this soarer.
I google how to by pass the parking brake wire and they said its a pulse sensor that it has to dect for the unit to work.
Old 05-13-11, 10:52 PM
uras300
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Use a toggle switch for DVD viewing. And read the link posted for wiring.
Old 05-13-11, 10:56 PM
gifford546
Driver School Candidate

I installed an AVH-P4200 DVD in my sc. Pretty much the same unit. You won't be able to just ground it to bypass the safety. You can install a toggle switch or wire it through a relay with the remote turn on wire and the wire that is supposed to go to the emergency brake.
Old 05-14-11, 02:18 PM
BigManne
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

www.avic411.com
Old 05-14-11, 09:33 PM
-Samurai-
Lead Lap

I forget what I did to byass that safty feature, but I know it was something to do with grounding or connecting it to another wire. I have no toggle switch or relay or anything added... Works just fine. I dont even watch DVDs in my car while driving or at all anyway lol but still did it anyways