SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Where are all the knock off vertex ridge kits gone?

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-11, 06:07 AM
DoomLight
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

U guys do realize Dave is probably going to close this thread if we keep the flame fest on cfhoods going...
Old 12-20-11, 07:21 AM
airmax
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

that might not be a bad idea.
Old 12-20-11, 08:51 AM
levie
Lexus Test Driver

the fitment on that kit isn't for me at all. i couldn't have said it better then previously stated. you get what you pay for.
Old 12-20-11, 01:37 PM
TheRonTom3
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by TougeSC3
Guys need to realize that CFHoods, Race On USA, GTP International, AeroKits.net, and whatever else is was called, is all the same molds.
Exactly. They all buy from the same distributor and they also all get most of their stock pictures from that same distributor and just put their symbol on the stock picture.

IIRC that red vertex knock off car was originally a raceon car. I remotely remember seeing the same exact pictures of the same car on Raceone's site because I laughed about the wheels

i could be wrong though

What ever the deal is I would personally buy this kit because it is a great deal cheaper and I am very hard on kits. I would purchase it knowing that i had alot of work ahead of me to get it prepped and fitted perfectly and thats fine by me. Getting the entire kit for less than half the price of the real Vertex kit would have me grinning from ear to ear as i ate a nice big fat premium prime rib and 22 oz beer cause I could afford to go out to dinner and not be car poor. Then a week later I would crack the front bumper in 3 places and not cry cause the bumper was $250 and not $1000

Last edited by TheRonTom3; 12-20-11 at 01:41 PM.
Old 12-26-11, 03:18 AM
cfhoods
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by speedaddic
question, isn't that pics of your company's kit that youre promoting? It looks like they need to find a competent body shop as well.... I mean if you're going to show those pictures, at least have the kit fitting nice. And body filler? Why are you just rivetting a widebody kit on and painting over it without doing it properly?
It's a customer's car, It's entirely up to him how he wants to install it. The customer was nice enough to provide us pictures of his car, I'm not going to tell him to take it back and blend in the rear quarter panels.

It's obvious to anyone with adequate fiberglass experience that minor things such as adding a small amount of fiberglass to where the fenders meet the a-pillar are simple fitment fixes. If you want to fix that first and take more time before painting the kit you can. So regardless if the car in the picture happens to be painted before the necessary body work for fitment was applied, you can tell what needs to be done. Just because the car in the picture has exposed rivetts on the rear fenders doesn't mean that's the only way possible to install it.

Eventually we should have some better pictures in the future once we sell more kits, but if you only feel comfortable buying a kit that's installed on a show car, you can purchase the original one, I think there's some nice pics on the web somewhere.

Originally Posted by CalitriSC
Really?? The Corvette is just one example of a car that has fiberglass body panels from the factory. And they seem to fit perfect. Strange...
As for GM making thousands of Corvette fenders from fiberglass that fit perfectly, yes, they do. ZR1 Corvette fenders are over $4,000 for a set of 4, yet we sell the fiberglass replica versions all day long for less than half the price, because most people would rather do a little bit of bodywork than pay the OEM price.

If you're willing to pre-pay an order for a couple thousand fiberglass fenders and pay OEM price, I can make sure it's OEM quality.

Last edited by cfhoods; 12-26-11 at 03:47 AM.