SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Wheel fitment

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-21, 02:19 PM
onizukhoa
Driver

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Wheel fitment

Hello all, I recently bought work varianza t1s size 18x8+45 offset all around. The seller said they were low disk, will I need a spacer to clear the front brake calipers? Or can I just run it without spacers? This is for a 1999 lexus sc300. If so, recommended size, and brand for spacers? Thank you for your time and knowledge in advance!
Old 01-14-21, 07:16 PM
- V -
Instructor

Received 168 Likes on 124 Posts

I think if you're on stock brakes you should be fine. Oem offset is +55.

Last edited by - V -; 01-14-21 at 07:24 PM.
Old 01-14-21, 07:31 PM
onizukhoa
Driver

Originally Posted by - V -
I think if you're on stock brakes you should be fine. Oem offset is +55.
Hello, thank you for your reply! However they will fit even if the work wheels are low disk for the front caliper?
Old 01-15-21, 09:58 AM
- V -
Instructor

Received 168 Likes on 124 Posts

From what i know, Low disk simply describes the level of clearance behind the wheel for the caliper. Our stock calipers were made to fit behind a 16 inch wheel with fairly straight spokes with a +55 offset so I'm fairly certain they will work without issue. With that being said though, if you already have the wheels on hand, the easiest thing would be to jack up one of the front corners of the car and test fit the rim with no tire on it. Put it on, hand tighten the lug nuts and see if the wheel spins freely by hand. If it does then you're good. Keep in mind that the center bore of the wheel makes a difference. The center hub bore on our cars is 60.1mm. Most aftermarket rims come with a larger bore to accommodate more vehicles so you'll need to get hubcentric rings to adjust the bore size to 60.1. You'll need to figure out what the bore of your rims are and buy them accordingly. You can get a set of 4 aluminum once for under $20 on amazon. Just make sure you don't get the plastic once. 60.1 will be your inner diameter (I.D.) and whatever your new rims have is the outer diameter (O.D.).

I also recommend going over this thread that has more information about wheel and tire fitment than any one person can give you:
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc-...300-sc400.html
The following users liked this post:
onizukhoa (01-15-21)
Old 01-15-21, 10:11 AM
onizukhoa
Driver

Originally Posted by - V -
From what i know, Low disk simply describes the level of clearance behind the wheel for the caliper. Our stock calipers were made to fit behind a 16 inch wheel with fairly straight spokes with a +55 offset so I'm fairly certain they will work without issue. With that being said though, if you already have the wheels on hand, the easiest thing would be to jack up one of the front corners of the car and test fit the rim with no tire on it. Put it on, hand tighten the lug nuts and see if the wheel spins freely by hand. If it does then you're good. Keep in mind that the center bore of the wheel makes a difference. The center hub bore on our cars is 60.1mm. Most aftermarket rims come with a larger bore to accommodate more vehicles so you'll need to get hubcentric rings to adjust the bore size to 60.1. You'll need to figure out what the bore of your rims are and buy them accordingly. You can get a set of 4 aluminum once for under $20 on amazon. Just make sure you don't get the plastic once. 60.1 will be your inner diameter (I.D.) and whatever your new rims have is the outer diameter (O.D.).

I also recommend going over this thread that has more information about wheel and tire fitment than any one person can give you:
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc-...300-sc400.html
Thank you for your write up, I really appreciate it! Will look into it!