SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

SC300 passenger door won’t open

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-24, 07:58 PM
Amomo
6th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default SC300 passenger door won’t open

Hello my passenger door is closed and won’t open from inside and outside. Does anyone have an idea on how to get it open.

my ideas so far are
Could take apart the inside of the door (cut it open) and replace with a fabricated piece of metal from a company, once I get the door open (have to rip apart the inside door card)

i literally have no idea how to fix this if anyone has suggestions please help
Old 08-07-24, 08:20 PM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン
Forum Moderator

Received 441 Likes on 363 Posts
Talking

I had the same thing happen to my SC300. I had one of the techs at my dealership shove his hand behind the door panel to open it. He told me that he’d have to destroy the door panel or the window trim to get it open. I chose the window trim as it was more expensive to get a another door panel back then.

I didn’t watch how he did it though.
Old 08-08-24, 06:22 AM
Amomo
6th Gear

Originally Posted by Kira X
I had the same thing happen to my SC300. I had one of the techs at my dealership shove his hand behind the door panel to open it. He told me that he’d have to destroy the door panel or the window trim to get it open. I chose the window trim as it was more expensive to get a another door panel back then.

I didn’t watch how he did it though.

thank you, I might destroy the door card. But would the window trim (assuming the inside one) how would that give me enough room to open it? If you know that would be great.
Old 08-08-24, 10:08 AM
ninetwo
Pit Crew

Received 57 Likes on 30 Posts

if you were to have to destroy the door panel, you could try and only damage the part of the panel thats missing from this picture. (the plastic pocket) Then you should be able to get your arm in one of the red circles and actuate the rod to open the door up - located around where the red star is pictured..
Old 08-09-24, 10:24 AM
Amomo
6th Gear

Default How to open an SC300 door if both door handles don’t work

If you have any questions please ask them below and I will try to answer them as fast as I can
Door fully closed (opened to show what I have attached) I was able to get my window half way down. If the window wasn’t down you would have to break it most likely since you need the leverage of standing up outside the car to slip the window airbag in.

Used 4 of these (pack is $5 at Harbor freight) you wedge them into the “wood” piece and slowly push it open enough to get the air bag thing into the door

Air bag window lift from Harbor freight (don’t know the name but should be $13-15) keep pumping until the door card breaks off (nothing should be damaged) you just open it up enough to grab the blue cable (door latch) and it should open right up.

Position of the passenger seat that is needed to get to the bolts in the door (as flat as it goes)

Screwdriver needed to remove the long screws in the door card (bottom light of door card to show the size to help)

Only the top screw of mine was in but not holding the door card (if these are in for yours idk if it would change being able to pull the panel off)

Place where the long bolts are in door card (incase you don’t know)

Other side of the long bolt door card
The following 2 users liked this post by Amomo:
Kira X (08-09-24), Supra Dr (08-10-24)