SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

ghetto SC's?

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-10, 06:44 PM
YeA 2jZ
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by outlaw0209
You're trippin. Real dedicated 240 owners would know way better how to mod an SC than most people. In example (WHEEL FITMENT, nice aero (if any), car stance, etc... )

It's those wannabe drifters that get into 240's that come from previous ricered cars and just make a whole group of people look bad that you need to worry about, but most of all just ghetto people, ricers, and wannabes in general. They are scattered all over different types of cars.
To you I quote these previouse posts because they know exactly what this thread is about

Originally Posted by FormosaSC
I see so many SC's treated like crap... it is sad to see, I'm seeing the drifting crowd snatching these cars up, putting stupid wide rims, unpainted replica body kit, and finishing it off with some stupid key chain stuffed animal hanging off the back of the car... Sad.

Originally Posted by SC_coupe
The ghetto SC's mentioned in this thread are casualties of the "dub" craze of the early 2000's. Five years from now, we'll be complaining about the beat SC's that people tried to make into "drift" cars.

Side note: No offense to those here who correctly equip the SC to slide; you guys are doing it right. (BigWaveSC, Biggu, a few others...)
I would also like to add Lexforlife, Wicked SC, LRD,TeeLex,SecretSC,SC400TT just to name a few others
Old 01-26-10, 06:44 PM
Amplify
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thats all I ever see in Jersey is SC400s with giant rims on them.

Old 01-26-10, 06:45 PM
Andrewbhc
Driver School Candidate

I've had my sc for a while now stock with 297xxx miles on the original motor completely stock. One day I was driving home from work and the car had a big power loss and just died and didn't start. I found out that on the intake side the cam seized. I was thinking about selling mine on craigslist and browsed around for fun. Its true that most of the sc's now are ragged out. But as for my sc, im picking up a 1jz in 2 or 3 weeks. Can't wait.
Old 01-26-10, 06:48 PM
RawkusX187
Lexus Test Driver

most ppl who dub a sc I can tell you one thing....they're usually well maintained and be sure they dont race it
Old 01-26-10, 07:35 PM
STRTORPTR
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As much as I love the SC/Soarer, I will maintain my notion that an owner has every right to do whatever they want with their property. It's not my car, so why should I care? lol...
Old 01-26-10, 07:42 PM
MongooseGA
Racer

Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts

Gotta love stereotypes. I almost feel guilty being able to accurately pin them to people so often....
Old 01-26-10, 07:47 PM
FAT HEAD
Lead Lap

Ahh in certain parts of the Bay Area people straight donk out SCs! I think it looks ridiculous, but they think it looks sick. And it's not my car so I can't say S***! I just stick to what I like, and they can stick to what they like.
Old 01-26-10, 07:55 PM
matrixgts
Lead Lap

just my opinion,this is stupid.just because someone else dog their ferrari or do something i don't agree with dont mean i will stop liking ferraris.this is another thread to hate on others that don't see things the same way you do.for everyone out their do you man that is why their is more than one car company.because everyone did what they wanted to do.just my 2 cents.
Old 01-26-10, 08:45 PM
attzor
Lead Lap

Theres a youtube video of 3 ghetto *** SC's, I made a comment on it and the video poster left me a nice comment telling me he was going to rape and kill me. Nice guy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpINT...eature=related
Old 01-26-10, 09:09 PM
FAT HEAD
Lead Lap

haha love the HUGE L blasted on the doors... saw hella of those when I was trying to buy mine lol.
Old 01-26-10, 09:14 PM
LEXXIUM
Pole Position

Received 40 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by attzor
Theres a youtube video of 3 ghetto *** SC's, I made a comment on it and the video poster left me a nice comment telling me he was going to rape and kill me. Nice guy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpINT...eature=related

I watched the videos that was uncool how every car was jacked up in the air like a monster truck, but then I started lmao when I tried to read
Thats some funny *****
Old 01-27-10, 01:27 AM
spdrcr771
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

How in the hell did they get the suspension to do that. I meen surly they didn buy coilovers and raise them like all the way up. That kinda **** makes me wanna, i better not say! Could you imagine how that POS rides. Probably takes like 6lns to make a U turn, lol.
Old 01-27-10, 02:16 AM
ill roller
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I found myself a nice clean SC, did a swap and lots of maintenance, and then proceeded to beat the hell out of it and destroy it... Cars are meant to be driven. People that talk down on drift cars because of imperfections in appearance are a joke.

Old 01-27-10, 04:28 AM
outlaw0209
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by ill roller
I found myself a nice clean SC, did a swap and lots of maintenance, and then proceeded to beat the hell out of it and destroy it... Cars are meant to be driven. People that talk down on drift cars because of imperfections in appearance are a joke.

THANK YOU!!! If you own a car that's capable of something then why not? Driving experience is the best!
Old 01-27-10, 05:38 AM
Superjatt
Lexus Test Driver

DUDe
i think i saw your car in the magazine. i ll try to post a pic if its still out ther.

Quick Reply: ghetto SC's?