19x9.5 in the front of a 97 sc300 5sp?

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-05, 10:13 AM
VSsc400
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've just edited several posts here.
be civil.
you guys have personal problems with someone else? take it to PM.
No more name calling.
no more name calling
no more name calling
Old 02-03-05, 10:13 AM
carnal_c30
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Its much better to get a set of wheels the proper size if you can help it... it saves alot of headache and if you really start pushing the offsets out that much, you have to make sure it looks right as well often times it really doesnt.

and I agree, pushing the offset even to 35 makes tramlining and bucking alot more apparent than a similarly sized wheel with a 45mm offset

but its really whatever floats your boat, if you want the looks go for it, but looking good can have its downsides with worn bushings, twitchy handling, and bad wheel bearings
Old 02-03-05, 02:01 PM
JZZ30TT
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by London Bill
Au Contraire JZZ30TT;

9.5" front rims, in 17" or 19" will fit the SC/Soarer if the "correct" offset is used (50mm) as long as the same rolling radius is retained, subsequent lowering will present rubbing issues, you might get an inch up front before hitting anything on full lock.
HA I was assuming his car was already lowered, who drives around on 19's with stock suspension, that just looks silly.

I hardly think people should be taking recommendations from anyone who would suggest they cut their springs in half or stretch a 225 tyre on a 9.5" rim just to be "Bling" because this is DANGEROUS (as is the practice of heating coils till the drop down in height).
And I hardly think people should be taking recommendations from someone who has no experience with the matter at hand, nor can back up his statements.

Like I said, I HAVE done this stuff to these cars and others, and I know the effects. Have you ran a 225 tire on a 9.5J wheel? Didn't think so, how about even a 235 on a 9.5J? Please keep your opinions of what is and isn't dangerous to yourself, unless you have experience with it. Otherwise it's the blind leading the "well read" blind

I drove this a few weeks back (4.0Ltr supercharged, Celsior from Japan) , this is the fastest peice of cr4p I have ever driven, it has zero suspension (cut springs) and steers like ****, the price of Bling.

However, it probably rode better than most cars with coilovers. It also looks much better than a sunk +50 offset wheel (which looks horrible imo)
Old 02-03-05, 02:28 PM
MyScRuNmIa
Pole Position

itll be fine i have hp racing evos on my ride they are 19 by 9.5 all the way around an it looks gorges with that 3 inch lip mytires i hav are sizes 275/30/19 try that. its rubs just a lil bit but you really cant notice.
Old 02-03-05, 02:37 PM
London Bill
Lead Lap

My Dear, Dear JZZ30,

Not only am I wrong but it would seem so are all tyre manufacturers (and the people who make cars). I could lecture you for hours on why it shouldnt be done but I just know you wont listen.

Thankfully Bling at any expense is the prevail of a minority, I hope the readers of this forum will make "infomed" choices.

There is only one way to lower a car, there is only one way to get rubber out to the arches - the right way, not chopping the car around just to make things fit.

Bling - All form and little function, a great similarity!
Old 02-03-05, 02:43 PM
JZZ30TT
Lead Lap

Yea, you could lecture on all the things you've READ about this, that, and the price of tea sri lanka but does it really matter? Nope.

Tell you what go run some of these combinations you are bashing and then tell me what you think. Untill then I am done arguing with you about this becuase you frankly have NO experience with the subject. Here's a tip get off the computer and start trying some things instead of being a parrot and repeating everything you read on other forums or wherever you get your misled info.
Old 02-03-05, 02:52 PM
mikeloc24
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

GoCar, just buy my Axis rims...I guarantee they'll fit with no issues and no need to roll the fenders
Old 02-03-05, 03:14 PM
London Bill
Lead Lap

[edited and offending text removed by DaveGS4 and replaced with this message]

Bill, you've been warned previously about your comments in private and that apparently isn't working. Let me take a moment to remind you of the forum rules you agreed to follow when you joined ClubLexus.

https://www.clublexus.com/index.php/...ew/2160/1/126/

specifically...

Response to Comments
If you have a problem with another member's comments in a posted thread, do not respond with any further comments that will aggravate the situation. Reacting to a hostile post with more hostility puts you in jeopardy, and puts you at risk for action against your account even if it is another member’s fault. Members have two options of recourse:

1) Email the moderators of the forum in which the offensive comment is posted, directing them to the individual and thread in which the problem occurs. Use the "Notify a Moderator" button on the bottom of the offensive post to accomplish the same thing. Moderators will look into the issues and take the appropriate actions.

2) Resolve the problem between both of you via email or Private Message (PM).

Personal Attacks
While we encourage lively debates and discussions, we will not tolerate personal attacks of any kind. Any person attacking another forum member will receive a warning and have their offenses removed. One more offense and the offending member will be permanently suspended from ClubLexus. Any member that physically threatens another member on ClubLexus will result in an automatic suspension immediately.
Your knowledge and experience means a lot to this forum. Please respect our rules from this point forward.

Last edited by DaveGS4; 02-03-05 at 03:35 PM.
Old 02-03-05, 03:23 PM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Received 335 Likes on 221 Posts

This is thread number 2 closed in 24 hours due to this pissing contest between you two.

Avoid each other from now on, or i'm going to handle it.