SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

anyone with aftermarket seats

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-04, 05:33 PM
ummagawd
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default anyone with aftermarket seats

I'm planning on getting an aftermarket reclineable seat for myself... I'm a pretty short guy (5'4") and am trying to find out which seat will elevate me so that I can still see the hood... haha

i want to be able to see where the hood meets the road in front of me.... especiallly with as big of a car as ours

any suggestions?
Old 04-30-04, 05:35 PM
AutoCoutureSC
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i've hard a phone book works well! best of all, it's FREE!

haha, j/k
Old 05-01-04, 12:03 AM
PrlWhiteSC
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

REPLACE THE LEXUS SEATS?!?! I'm sorry thats a bad move! The seats are perfect as is! in my opinion at least
Old 05-01-04, 10:52 AM
ummagawd
Lexus Test Driver

okay... lets be honest here... -one- the stock lexus seats can't hold the driver in a good, proper driving position during "spirited" driving situations. -two- yes it's got electrical adjusting buttons... but how often does the driver of his own car change driving positions? -three- the stock lexus seat weighs a LOT.

now... if you don't drive your car hard.... then of course the stock seats are fine

plus mine is starting to show signs of 10+ years of wear
Old 05-01-04, 11:55 AM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Re: anyone with aftermarket seats

Originally posted by ummagawd
I'm planning on getting an aftermarket reclineable seat for myself... I'm a pretty short guy (5'4") and am trying to find out which seat will elevate me so that I can still see the hood... haha

i want to be able to see where the hood meets the road in front of me.... especiallly with as big of a car as ours

any suggestions?
I would recommend seeing an upholsterer. When I had my front seats re-done, he asked how much padding I wanted and if there were any other changes I wanted. They can pad the seats enough to suit your needs. I asked for extra padding because I am 275 pounds. Eventually the seats will sink but now it will take a lot longer to happen. The extra cushioning feels great on my toosh.
Old 05-01-04, 12:11 PM
lex400sc
Lexus Fanatic

Try stock Supra seats. You can probably get them cheap. I saw a pair for $200 but the guy fell through on me.... And there's always S2K seats...
Old 05-01-04, 12:13 PM
southernsc
Lexus Champion

Corbeau and Supra seats are the only seats that i have heard of than can replace the stock sc seat.
Corbeau
i dont know if corbeau would fix the hight problem
Old 05-01-04, 10:03 PM
SC400Dude
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by ummagawd

plus mine is starting to show signs of 10+ years of wear

This was what persuaded me to go the aftermarket route. I have a pair of black cloth Corbeau A4 seats w/ modified stock SC power seat tracks(Only powers the seat forward and backwards - reclining is done with the handle). It fits me perfect IMO. It is perfect for "Spirited" driving, especially with those 3" Crow Camlock Harnesses. I chose the Corbeau seat company over other brands because I didn't hear too much about them in the press.....A lot of people swear by Sparco, Recaro, Bride, etc.. which isn't necessarily a bad thing. Plus, the design of the A4 looks the best in my opinion out of all the reclinable seats on the market. And for the price of one Sparco Milano Reclinable, I got a pair of these A4's with the harnesses. As for the seat tracks, I like the way they function(Power/Manual). But the appearance isn't all that great. It looks like it was "ghetto rigged". So, I'm considering Toyota Supra aftermarket manual seat tracks because I heard they bolt in. Just my 2 cents.....

Phuong
Old 05-02-04, 07:33 AM
SinisterSC
Lead Lap

Recaro released some new seats that are pretty hot in my opinion. I think they re called the Sport Toplines. They have a rack load of options. Heating and cooling, electronic seat tilting and adjusting. I think it's hot, but not for the priceRecaro USA

Last edited by SinisterSC; 05-02-04 at 07:35 AM.
Old 05-02-04, 08:40 AM
SC400Dude
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by SinisterSC
Recaro released some new seats that are pretty hot in my opinion. I think they re called the Sport Toplines. They have a rack load of options. Heating and cooling, electronic seat tilting and adjusting. I think it's hot, but not for the priceRecaro USA

I've always liked the design of the Sport seat by Recaro, and I like it even better with all the custom options the Topline offers. I would get a pair in Black Suede/Black Leather in a heartbeat if I had 3 G's to swing towards seats....

But here is a pic of what my Corbeau's look like in my SC....
Attached Thumbnails anyone with aftermarket seats-corbeau-a4-seats.jpg  
Old 05-03-04, 01:06 AM
qmtran
Driver

hey sc400 dood, did you just bolt your stock track onto the corbeau seats??? how is the fit/color combo of the green leather and the black?? does it seem as if it clashes??
Old 05-03-04, 08:41 AM
SC400Dude
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by qmtran
hey sc400 dood, did you just bolt your stock track onto the corbeau seats??? how is the fit/color combo of the green leather and the black?? does it seem as if it clashes??

I basically gutted the stock seats and saved the tracks with only the motor that powers the track forward/backwards. Then we welded 2 - 3"x13"x1/4" Steel plates horizontally on each track. We drilled 4 holes (2 on each bar) for the seat to bolt on via allen screws. We did the same for the other side. I heard that Supra Tracks made by aftermarket companies fit, so I'm gonna give it a try. Maybe It'd be better if I lose the power to both of my seats and adjust my seats the old fashioned way from now on.

As for the the interior color, I have the tan interior. The black seats look good in my opinion contrasted to the tan. Then again, I'm converting my interior color to black anyway. My black Supra steering wheel should be arriving by next week, along with my new black leather OEM shift ****, black radio console trim and cup holder. I'm also going to re-upholster my rear bench seat and back rest with black cloth to match the bucket seats.
Old 05-03-04, 09:19 AM
VeilSideGS3
Lexus Test Driver

Tommy,

My seats would look bad *** in your car
Old 05-03-04, 11:05 AM
VSsc400
Lexus Fanatic

i got 98 supra TT seats on my sc400. perfect in every way including leather color and holds you in the seat like nothing else can. but the seats are lower.