SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

What Would YOU do?/ Where would you go from here?

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-16, 09:31 AM
Blackzilla
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What Would YOU do?/ Where would you go from here?

Good day to all!

The past few weeks i have been spending some time every day with my baby (92 EXC USA SPEC version SC400) but before we get in to it let me give you a bit of a back story.

A few years ago (5 or so) I purchased my first SC, and immediately had a 1001 item bucket list for what I wanted to do to her. Single BW s366Turbo setup while looking into a manual swap as well, this ultimately ended in me reading a whole lot and not much else. Not that this is a bad thing, I mean knowledge=power so I am better off now

But now here I am, years later, with the same setup. NOT A SINGLE MOD (other than me hacking at my nakamichi system due to amp failure).

In an effort to put my money where my mouth is, as mentioned i have been spending some time with her and I'd like to give an update just to get any feedback, hints,tips, and hopefully some "since youre there anyways midaswell do this" if it will not drive cost through the roof.
Let the pics begin

Lower Intake manifold with Fuel rails + Injectors still attached.

Upper-Intake Manifold with all EGR/emissions VSV vacuum lines attached.

VSV That I broke :/ Trying to get to EGR Pipe (Part No 90910-12080)

Close Up of my Canadian spec 1uz manifold (I know there are systems that don't have all this emissions crap)

Injectors still mounted. My question here is that through my readings I have found several sources saying that the 1uz injectors should be purple? anybody have any idea whats going on here with mine?

Injector clip (pretty much every single one broke) and I mean i guess plastic tends to get brittle after 24 years. I am currently working on sourcing replacements

New Spark plugs, Wires, Distrubutor Caps, and Rotors

While I have the fuel rails and lower manifold off I have thought about replacing my injectors with the 7mge injectors, either 295cc or 315cc (leaning towards 315 light green because they are plug and play (even when i source new clips) But my question is will I have to make any ecu adjustments or will the 1uz learn? This concerns me because the smog restrictions in Ontario are still relevant for my vehicle and last time I tried to do an e-test I failed. Pretty sure this was my own stupidity (seafoamed and then drove like 50km before oil change) I think this because the vehicle passed in every section except HC ppm was ~450 of allowable 200ppm.

Now The main goal, and reason why i have so much off of the engine is because I need to change out my starter, she has been gone for about 2 years but the car has been sitting. I have everything taken out except for the rear water by-pass bridge and the starter itself. (any suggestions :P)

Thanks in advance CL!

Last edited by Blackzilla; 07-04-16 at 09:40 AM.
Old 07-07-16, 09:09 PM
SCbyDRD
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can you share some photos of the car? Interior and exterior? Sometimes modernizing those aspects makes you feel inspired again.