Canada For events in Canada.

I'm car-less!! ..but in the market for ANOTHER!!!

Old 06-08-09, 05:50 PM
scENFORCER
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default I'm car-less!! ..but in the market for ANOTHER!!!

So, I finally sold my SC boys and girls! Feels so weird not having it even though its only been half a day!! Anyways, I was trying to sell it for over a year and finally got rid of it, mind you for A LOT less than what I paid for it just 2 summers ago ..at least the new owner has previous Lexus experience and I wouldn't be surprised if we saw him around Vancouver CL.
BUT, no reason to frown! I have some money saved up and am in the market for another SC! This time I'm looking for a 1997 sc300 (which I plan on converting to manual) or a 1998+ sc400. I've been looking all over the western-United States on CL and Craigslist and have come across a few nice ones in LA and Las Vegas.
If anyone comes across a nice SC that I might have missed, please, LET ME KNOW!! I have about 10k to spend, but hoping to save some of that for mods.
I'll be back and better in no time! I already cant wait showing off my new car at meets! lol..
Old 06-08-09, 06:12 PM
Kaydee
Hacked CL to become a Mod

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

awww that shucks LOL...I hear Jon (JLSC) is selling his 97 SC400.

Personally I'd get another car...too many good times and headaches with this car that any other SC would just never compare.
Old 06-08-09, 06:56 PM
scENFORCER
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Kaydee
awww that shucks LOL...I hear Jon (JLSC) is selling his 97 SC400.

Personally I'd get another car...too many good times and headaches with this car that any other SC would just never compare.
Is it the white one on Craigslist? If so its too expensive. I think I'm defiantly gonna be purchasing one in the states, its a lot cheaper there..
I'll keep ya posted!
Old 06-08-09, 11:16 PM
Faymester
Lexus Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We were just talking about this last night ... all of a sudden we're going to be Club former-Lexus Vancouver.

I wish you luck in your search. You might msg John anyhow and see what he's asking & if he's willing to negotiate with you at all (who knows rite?)
Old 06-09-09, 10:15 AM
Stormforge
executive matchup

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

congrats sammy! i hope that polish job helped you seal the deal! looking forward to seeing you in a new ride (have you considered a GS?)
Old 06-09-09, 12:44 PM
scENFORCER
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Stormforge
congrats sammy! i hope that polish job helped you seal the deal! looking forward to seeing you in a new ride (have you considered a GS?)
Haha yea I think it was the detail, the guy said it was the cleanest one he's looked at!
And no I haven't considered a GS. I dont know much about them, are they around my price range? I have considered a G35 tho. I guess I'm more of a 2 door sports coupe kinda guy..

Originally Posted by Faymester
We were just talking about this last night ... all of a sudden we're going to be Club former-Lexus Vancouver.

I wish you luck in your search. You might msg John anyhow and see what he's asking & if he's willing to negotiate with you at all (who knows rite?)
That's true, I guess it doesn't hurt at all to go take a look at it!
Old 06-09-09, 01:08 PM
Stormforge
executive matchup

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by scENFORCER
Haha yea I think it was the detail, the guy said it was the cleanest one he's looked at!
And no I haven't considered a GS. I dont know much about them, are they around my price range? I have considered a G35 tho. I guess I'm more of a 2 door sports coupe kinda guy..
you'll need to look at a 1st or 2nd gen GS for your price range. GS is somewhat rare in Vancouver, you'll have better luck looking for a GS in the US that fits your price range. good luck!
Old 06-11-09, 11:04 AM
scENFORCER
Lexus Champion

Well, I went to look at John's 1997 sc400, and wow, that it quite possibly one of the cleanest cars I've ever seen!
Unfortunately its not EXACTLY what I'm looking for, but I told him if I couldnt find what I'm looking for then I'd make him an offer.

If anyone's looking for a newer body style SC, this is the car to get!
Old 06-29-09, 09:46 AM
scENFORCER
Lexus Champion

So I'm having a more difficult time searching for my dream SC than I thought I would. It has come down to possibly having to ship one across the US.
Does anyone have any experience shipping a car? I'm concerned about the fact that I wont be able to see the car in person before purchasing, and shipping costs. Does anyone have any quotes? NY to Seattle or LA..
Old 06-29-09, 10:06 AM
Faymester
Lexus Fanatic

ooo ... yea that's why I'm going to pick my car up.

Best thing I can say is have the car sent to a Lexus out there before you ship at all to make sure the car is all a-ok.

Maybe post up in their regional section to ask ? or in the So-Cal section, between those two places SOME1 must have shipped their lex or some other car.

Yea, John's SC is damn nice, I would be lying if I said I wasn't a bit tempted as well, but I'm M3 hunting.
Old 07-04-09, 11:10 PM
scENFORCER
Lexus Champion

So I'm off tmrw morning to pick up my new '99 sc400!!! Vancouver to Phoenix then back! Should be fun, although I'm a little nervous cuz I haven't seen the car in person. But wish my luck guys, hopefully everything goes smoothly!

Here's a few pics of what I got..
Attached Thumbnails I'm car-less!! ..but in the market for ANOTHER!!!-dscn5942.jpg   I'm car-less!! ..but in the market for ANOTHER!!!-dscn5938.jpg  
Old 07-05-09, 12:07 AM
UberNoob
Lexus Fanatic

looks great in pics already
nice pick up

good luck and enjoy the trip!
Old 07-05-09, 12:33 AM
Kaydee
Hacked CL to become a Mod

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

nice man...I wish I could go on a road trip...o wait I can!! haha
Old 07-05-09, 07:49 PM
JLSC
Pit Crew

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Congrats!! Have a safe trip.
Old 07-06-09, 01:55 PM
ram3ez
Pole Position

I just sent you a pm ! lol Congrats on the purchase .. I used to own a sc4 and man I miss it.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: I'm car-less!! ..but in the market for ANOTHER!!!