SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Closing deal on a 98 MK4 TT

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-16, 06:40 AM
net4n6
Pit Crew

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Congrats to your new MK4 TT. Better congratulation to the next owner of your SC.
Old 04-06-16, 08:21 AM
Tabaka
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Supra: The general population will always turn their head and say, "wow, a supra"

SC: The general population will always turn their head and say, "why did they put loud mufflers on that old Lexus?"
Old 04-06-16, 09:26 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Received 429 Likes on 314 Posts

Originally Posted by Tabaka
Supra: The general population will always turn their head and say, "wow, a supra"

SC: The general population will always turn their head and say, "why did they put loud mufflers on that old Lexus?"
A lot of your posts make me laugh but on a serious note ... they are true. The truth hurts at times but at the same time many are not willing to accept. They keep on denying and just confirm the fact that they are idiots.

Last edited by gerrb; 04-06-16 at 09:30 AM.
Old 04-06-16, 10:07 AM
Sc400NL
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

congrats man , love the supra , looks so clean
but you did own one of the cleanest SC's on the forum , the next owner must be a lucky guy/gal

a rare find in Europe , except for England and those who love to drive RHD imports
Old 04-06-16, 11:32 AM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

Received 438 Likes on 368 Posts

Originally Posted by Tabaka

Guy 1 "Wow, look at that supra" ..
Guy 2 "where?"...
Guy 1 "behind that old Lexus"
Guy 2 "who parked that Lexus there, its blocking the supra"

FSU congrats on the supra, they are fantastic cars, the hard part will be trying not to put too many miles on her
Old 04-06-16, 12:03 PM
97-SC300
Lexus Fanatic

Received 128 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by Ali SC3
Guy 1 "Wow, look at that supra" ..
Guy 2 "where?"...
Guy 1 "behind that old Lexus"
Guy 2 "who parked that Lexus there, its blocking the supra"

FSU congrats on the supra, they are fantastic cars, the hard part will be trying not to put too many miles on her
The general population doesn't know the difference between a 90's Porsche and a 2015 Porsche... and they sure as all hell don't know what a Supra is, let alone an SC. Since you guys brought up the general population meaning not car people. They probably won't even notice your car unless it's an exotic and is painted bright orange. When was the last time someone noticed a BMW M car or an AMG? General population doesn't care or look since they are a dime a dozen.
Old 04-06-16, 12:49 PM
mikef
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

fast and furious helped the supra alot and kelp the sc alive, if that makes sense
Old 04-06-16, 12:57 PM
t2d2
Lead Lap

Received 228 Likes on 208 Posts

Originally Posted by gerrb
A lot of your posts make me laugh but on a serious note ... they are true. The truth hurts at times but at the same time many are not willing to accept. They keep on denying and just confirm the fact that they are idiots.
I love the irony of a "moderator" routinely bragging about his sleeper builds while calling people here idiots for commenting on the relative rarity and head-turning nature of Supras vs SCs.
Old 04-06-16, 02:03 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by t2d2
I love the irony of a "moderator" routinely bragging about his sleeper builds while calling people here idiots for commenting on the relative rarity and head-turning nature of Supras vs SCs.
Are you serious ? Are you hurt ? Did I refer to you ? I don't see any reference about you or your post in my last post . If you are hurt then it is not my problem. I guess when the truth is bad , it really hurts.

Looks to me you are referring to yourself when you said "commenting on the relative rarity and head-turning nature of Supras vs SCs". I don't see anywhere I was objecting about people talking about rarity .

I was referring to every one in general (not specifically to anybody) who do not do it right in modding their cars just because they cheap out. Three or Four people on this thread alone lamented the same thing. Then when people call them for being cheap they get butt hurt. IT IS THE TRUTH !!!!! No hiding it.

IF you are hurt then probably you are one of them but I NEVER CALLED OUT ANYBODY BY NAME. If someone is not guilty , he or she will never be hurt. Only guilty people should worry.

You seem to be confessing that you are one of them.. cause I never called you out, lol.

Last edited by gerrb; 04-06-16 at 04:51 PM.
Old 04-06-16, 02:20 PM
t2d2
Lead Lap

You seem to be confessing that you are one of them.. cause I never called you out, lol.
You love that ploy, don't you? Save your childishly transparent games for someone dumb enough to fall for them.
Old 04-06-16, 02:36 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Well I guess you are confirming to be one of them. Sorry , if the truth hurts !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Again on my last post in answer to Tabaka's post , no where I was referring to your "rarity comments" or nowhere I mentioned about any rarity

But you interpreted it to be referring to you as per your post before your last. It is not my fault if you did . It simply says to me you are guilty that is why you are hurt and are reacting to the post quoted above.

Last edited by gerrb; 04-06-16 at 02:55 PM.
Old 04-06-16, 03:21 PM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

Received 438 Likes on 368 Posts

The general population has a lot better idea what a TT Supra is these days VS a swapped/modified SC.
I love SC's and have come to accept it for what it is, its not going to change the enjoyment I get from my car.

I don't think the SC is rare at all either, its not even rare to find in a random junkyard. 4-5 times more cars on the road is pretty significant.
Maybe lets not ruin FSU's thread and take the discussion to supraforums lol.
Old 04-06-16, 04:41 PM
eknine9
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I typed up a semi-long response to this thread a couple pages ago, but thought better of it, and kept it to myself.
Now I'm glad I did that.

Congrats on the pickup bro. I didn't know the auto's were pulling this kind of premium too, but I guess it's just indicative of the kind of appreciation the Supra has, and continues to have. Don't forget about us once you start posting on Supraforum with what will assuredly be an awesome build. Please drop in and show us a few progress pics every now and then so we can see what you're up to.

Your SC has been a thing of beauty when you started with the interior, all the way till your full refresh of the exterior. Glad you found a buyer for it so quick, and enjoy your new purchase.

As for the Supra vs. SC debate... well we all know which car is better...
Old 04-06-16, 05:10 PM
t2d2
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Ali SC3
I love SC's and have come to accept it for what it is, its not going to change the enjoyment I get from my car.
Same here, and unlike what some people have talked themselves into believing, I'm not one of those wringing their hands over lack of resale value.

I don't think the SC is rare at all either, its not even rare to find in a random junkyard.
Ahem... "I'd also guess that a lot more SCs than Supras have been scrapped, so the actual difference may be lower. I think the perception is off because SCs are drivers and Supras have a much higher tendency to be garage queens, so you see Supras a lot less than they're actually out there relative to SCs."

By the production numbers, you should see one MKIV Supra for every 7-8 SCs in a junkyard, but I'm willing to bet the actual ratio is 1:20 or much lower. Also, Supras are worth more and won't be totaled out as easily, so are more likely to be repaired and saved from that awful fate.

4-5 times more cars on the road is pretty significant.
Well, on the road is surely a lot more than 4-5x, since hardly anyone drives their Supras on a regular basis. You could add a zero to that and be closer to the seen number. The total difference is 71,000, which is the teeniest, tiniest drop in the bucket of production numbers with anything but a fairly rare car.

Maybe lets not ruin FSU's thread and take the discussion to supraforums lol.
Too late...
Old 04-06-16, 07:55 PM
FSUsucks1
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

People really need to chill out on here and not get all offended.

Anyhow, on a side note, I set up transport for the Supra. It will be here next week after my family and I get back from Hawaii. It is all set up now and I am looking forward to my new ride.

Here are some pics the dealer sent me today. I will take some good quality ones after the car arrives here and I get a good detail on it.

Closing deal on a 98 MK4 TT-supra3.jpg

Closing deal on a 98 MK4 TT-supra4.jpg

Closing deal on a 98 MK4 TT-supra5.jpg

Closing deal on a 98 MK4 TT-supra6.jpg

Quick Reply: Closing deal on a 98 MK4 TT